Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Alarma Records » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Alarma Records
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 Alarma Records Eis 05-27-2004 13:37
 RE: Alarma Records Joey T. 05-27-2004 13:43
 RE: Alarma Records Lost Canine 05-27-2004 13:47
 RE: Alarma Records Joey T. 05-27-2004 13:50
 RE: Alarma Records dennis 05-27-2004 15:49
 RE: Alarma Records audiori 05-27-2004 15:54
 RE: Alarma Records dennis 05-27-2004 16:03
 RE: Alarma Records dennis 05-27-2004 16:05
 RE: Alarma Records audiori 05-27-2004 16:16
 sorry... mindgasket 05-29-2004 09:47
 RE: sorry... dennis 06-01-2004 16:28
 RE: Alarma Records audiori 05-29-2004 12:13
 RE: Alarma Records Asherman 05-29-2004 12:37
 RE: Alarma Records Vox Robotica 06-01-2004 10:08
 The Trouble with Jacob Jerry Davison 04-01-2005 02:14
 RE: Alarma Records dennis 04-01-2005 06:11
 RE: Alarma Records dennis 06-01-2004 16:29
 RE: Alarma Records audiori 05-29-2004 12:41
 RE: Alarma Records Asherman 05-29-2004 13:50
 RE: Alarma Records audiori 05-29-2004 14:32
Next Page »

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Attention Alarma Records Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Did the guys in DA have anything to do with this record company? Alot of people were on it in the 80's, just happens to have the same name as a DA album. Just curious as to DA's involvement with the record label...
05-27-2004 13:37 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

that was just a division of frontline.....

05-27-2004 13:43 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I remember it. Was it named after the Alarma Chronicles?

05-27-2004 13:47 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

i'm sure.... audiori?

05-27-2004 13:50 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

It seems like it had to have been named after the iAlarma! record.

05-27-2004 15:49 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

The guy that started Frontline was the guy that used to be
Calvary Chapel's music leader (Jim Kempner) durring the whole
Daniel Amos, Sweet Comfort, Parable, etc. days.

He hired Terry to produce most of the Frontline releases,
and Ed did most of the artwork, and a few other people were
involved in that.

They had a distribution deal with Benson Music Group,
and released a ton of stuff durring the mid 80's with that
'super- production team'.

They all worked very long hours getting all those releases done.
Terry even wrote songs for some of the releases like D.O.X
and they used some older songs of his for things like
Wild Blue Yonder. Terry had a hand in the mixing and production
work of a large number of those releases.

The Alarma name (I am sure) being a sub-group of the Frontline
label, which Terry was a part of, being used was no coincidence.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-27-2004 15:54 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Frontline/Alarma was the best Christian label ever. Pleased

The industry has suffered from it's loss.

Frontline/Alarma was a lot like "Island Records" in the 80's. If it even looked cool, it was worth buying. If it looked cool, chances were that it was a great record. Cool

Those days are long gone!Frown

I still say if I ever win the lotto, I am buying the label. Smile )

05-27-2004 16:03 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

think about it...

Scaterd Few, LSU, Jacob's Trouble... Cool

Great bands and great records!

even Pat Nobody was kinda cool! Cool

05-27-2004 16:05 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Administrator

Ha! I forgot about him.

We liked the Crumbacher CDs, even though they might not
have been much of a 'live' band. The music was kinda cool.
"Tame The Volcano" was a pretty cool song.

Terry told us once he would love to have reissues done of a
lot of those bands where one disc would be the album and the
other disc would be the demo that band submitted to the label.
That would of been really interesting.

He talked about a lot of them were sort of 'discovered'
by Frontline, and therefore took quite a bit of work to get
them album ready, studio-wise. (Not all of them.)

Scaterd Few for example, as one that didn't need a lot of work,
I think Terry is still friends with Alan.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-27-2004 16:16 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
mindgasket mindgasket is a male
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-18-2003
Location: Just because we're hypnotized that don't mean we can't dance!

sorry... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I thought Jacob's Trouble sucked.

Crying
05-29-2004 09:47 mindgasket is offline Send an Email to mindgasket Search for Posts by mindgasket Add mindgasket to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

RE: sorry... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by mindgasket
I thought Jacob's Trouble sucked.

Crying

First two CDs were great... the ones Terry produced... Cool

after that they did suck! Crying

06-01-2004 16:28 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Administrator

Jacob's Trouble "Door Into Summer" was really good I thought,

I liked "Knock, Breath Shine" .....

They started out sort of acoustic Beatles -ish and by the
end had morphed into the Monkeys.

by "Let the Truth Run Wild" they were the Christian Monkeys I think.

05-29-2004 12:13 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Asherman Asherman is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 04-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by audiori

Well, the only reason why they didn't suck at the beginning is the simple fact that their original sound seemed Taylor-made. Wink

05-29-2004 12:37 Asherman is offline Send an Email to Asherman Search for Posts by Asherman Add Asherman to your Buddy List
Vox Robotica
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpg

Registration Date: 06-19-2003

quote:

I thought "...Truth..." was JT's worst outing. Their self-titled follow up was awesome though.

Jacob's Trouble is the only reason I gave DA a chance. I figured, if these guys are awesome, the bands they dig have to be awesome too.

On a side note, most of the final line up of JT is now in a "world music" styled band called Janah.

Janah's Website Check 'em out - they're unique. Big Grin

~ Vox

"The systems fail
All the circuits blown
And the message lost in this machine oh

06-01-2004 10:08 Vox Robotica is offline Send an Email to Vox Robotica Homepage of Vox Robotica Search for Posts by Vox Robotica Add Vox Robotica to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Vox Robotica: jeremyszehr YIM Account Name of Vox Robotica: jeremyszehr View the MSN Profile for Vox Robotica
Jerry Davison Jerry Davison is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-30-2005

The Trouble with Jacob Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Take it from me. "Truth" WAS our (how do you say?) execrable outing. My least favorite to make as well as listen to. It was plagued with so many problems it had no choice but to suck.

I'm rather fond of ONFS but that was because of its intensely personal connection. And I think "You Scare The Hell Outta Me" is more worshipful than much of what passes for Praise & Worship these days. But, let's face it, any album recorded in a week is going to suck.

My biggest regret is that we didn't ask Terry to produce it. Nothing against Mark Heard but we had built a relationship with Terry and I don't think we fully explored what that could have produced musically. All of the other problems with that record seem to stem from the decision not to go with Terry.

Thanks to all of you who listened and supported us. And bollocks to the guy who said we sucked! Big Grin
04-01-2005 02:14 Jerry Davison is offline Send an Email to Jerry Davison Search for Posts by Jerry Davison Add Jerry Davison to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Jerry Davison: Davie Bluff
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Davison
Take it from me. "Truth" WAS our (how do you say?) execrable outing. My least favorite to make as well as listen to. It was plagued with so many problems it had no choice but to suck.

I'm rather fond of ONFS but that was because of its intensely personal connection. And I think "You Scare The Hell Outta Me" is more worshipful than much of what passes for Praise & Worship these days. But, let's face it, any album recorded in a week is going to suck.

My biggest regret is that we didn't ask Terry to produce it. Nothing against Mark Heard but we had built a relationship with Terry and I don't think we fully explored what that could have produced musically. All of the other problems with that record seem to stem from the decision not to go with Terry.

Thanks to all of you who listened and supported us. And bollocks to the guy who said we sucked! Big Grin

Yeah... you weren't supposed to read this part of the board! Shocked

I love the first two Jacob's Trouble records, and it seems you guys kind of lost your way after that... but than again who wants to make the same record over and over??

I was bummed out over the fact Terry did not produce that record too!
The great thing about Terry was, he helped you sound as good as you really were! No offense to Mark Heard either! He just did not make a record that was a good as Jacob's Trouble was!

(That's my way of saying "I'm sorry"Big Grin )

04-01-2005 06:11 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
then each release after that went progressively down hill.

agreed!

06-01-2004 16:29 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Administrator

Aye. Mark Heard had some to do with the original sound as well.

05-29-2004 12:41 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Asherman Asherman is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 04-12-2002

I'd love to see some re-issues from the Alarma label...Pleased

I'd also love to see Sir Stonehill's "Between The Glory and The Flame" on disc. Wink

05-29-2004 13:50 Asherman is offline Send an Email to Asherman Search for Posts by Asherman Add Asherman to your Buddy List
Administrator

Oh yeah that and Equator. I wonder who owns those..

05-29-2004 14:32 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Alarma Records

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH