Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » My Fabulous Night With... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page My Fabulous Night With...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Mike had a big conglomeration of pedals on a homemade setup. I remember at the 77s Alcoa show he had a buncha power adapters plugged into an outlet which looked kinda funny. Didn't notice if it was in fact the very same board or not.

at last years BBQ- when Mike was setting up that monstrocity-
Terry refered to it as :

"The Firemans Friend".....

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
07-01-2004 13:55 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Thread Starter Thread Started by bereal
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
Mike had a big conglomeration of pedals on a homemade setup. I remember at the 77s Alcoa show he had a buncha power adapters plugged into an outlet which looked kinda funny. Didn't notice if it was in fact the very same board or not.

Terry refered to it as :

LOL! Big Grin

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
07-01-2004 16:02 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Then she needs to maximize her throughput, find twigs
with multiple arms and roast a ton at a time. Eventually
she could hire some smaller person to hold the twig for her
and another one to lay out the napkins in a row....

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-01-2004 16:31 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
quote:
Originally posted by jwaltb
Hey y'all! Gotta add my "AMEN" to all the great sharing of info about the concert. It was almost like being there. Well, maybe not that "almost"..... Anyway, it was indeed great. And MF, I agree w/ Mr. Jiminy; I appreciate the gear info - I'm into that. I have to take a stab at the ones you were unsure about - (it's kinda like naming that tune or something). Mike's tele sounds right. I have seen some semi-hollow Tele-shaped guitars out there and think Fender even had one at one time but there are other cos. that make 'em. Could be G&H?? As for Derri's other acoustic; when I saw them play in Houston awhile back he was playing an Ovation or something similar with that "bowl" shaped back and the sound holes in the upper bout - could that be it? And for my final answer - just a shot in the dark on the electric - sounds like a Parker Fly, which is one cool guitar. Are you familiar with those?

Thanks again for taking the time to put down your impressions, and all you other "lucky ones" out there: don't forget to do your part!

JB

Mike's electric Tele? looked like it had been around quite awhile, so I think it was an actual Fender rather than a copy (and also because he endorses Fender electrics now). I had never heard of a semi-solid Tele. I think it is a really cool guitar.

Derri's 2nd acoustic was not an Ovation (I know because I have a Celebrity and want a 1861 Balladeer with cherryburst top ). It was a fairly traditional-looking guitar with a medium brown stain finish (didn't look mahogany, though) and normal soundhole. Also, the front and back curves made it look "fat", kinda like a smaller version of Terry's Guild, as opposed to his Gibson that didn't have as fat curves.
I do think I remember him playing a cherryburst Balladeer (or other model with normal center soundhole) at an Arizona show BigDork had pictures/video of posted on his site at one time.

Derri's non-strat electric wasn't a Parker fly (looked a pic up on the web). The "horns" were fairly parallel to the neck, a bit thinner, and the body was symmetrical, with the cutouts going down to the bottom of the neck on both sides. If I remember right, I think the headstock may have had 3 tuners on each side and a little shorter than most.

Actually I want the cherryburst Balladeer Baby and may end up playing it more if WE get it because the neck isn't quite as broad as MF's Ovation (it's made more for feminine hands!) Tongue

And MF, thanks for posting all the gear info! Pleased You did way better than I could have! Wink

Smile
07-01-2004 17:19 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by illustrator
I just registered on this board. I hope I"m clicking all the right buttons. I've enjoyed reading the comments about the Knoxville show. I was there so I thought I'd add my thoughts.

A couple more quirky highlights were when Terry did his impression of Edward G Robinson's character from The Ten Commandments. Adding that he was smoking a cigar in the film. When Mike objected that they didnt have cigars in The Ten Commandments, Terry said something like, "It was the Old Testament! Miracles happened all the time back then. I'm surprised you don't know that!"

Also Terry had us all stand and do Rapture practice. I'll let someone else explain.:-)

I would have to say I didnt think the crowd was as big as stated earlier. When I did a quick count it was under 50 at that time, right after the show began. But that was only in the main room, not the adjoining room. I wish it were a larger crowd.

I took a friend to the show who was unfamiliar with the band. Unfortunately, he is an eye doctor and was on call and had to leave at around song #7. He did return...for the final song. He did buy the new cd however and said he was very impressed and can't wait to hear more.

Wow, didn't know you were there! Shocked Pleased Which table were you sitting at? Were you at the front table on the right? (Reason I ask has to do with your friend - see next paragraph) MF and I speculated as to whether anyone from the DAmb was there.

That's horrible that your friend had to leave and missed most of the show. Crying Glad he was able to return for the final song though. I saw him there early in the show and didn't see him slip out but I was on the cafe side when he returned (assume it was your friend because the man I am talking about returned right before the last song). Hope he really enjoys Mutt! I'm sure the Dogs would echo my sentiment: thanks for doin' your part! Smile

And glad you're here to join us on the DAmb! Pleased

Smile
07-01-2004 17:32 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
You are the Saintiest for lettin your dear one drool in Derris shoes- while you did the MR Mom routine.
I wont allow my wife to be a Dog fan - fer that very reason!!
(Jk - shes not a music lover to any degree...but lets me do "my thing.")

PLUS - that is a Doggie Crowd !- smaller venues that fill up are what the Boys like I think.

Yeah, MF is the Saintiest! He told me last week he was gonna punch Derri in the nose and tell him he "stole my wife". I told MF that he's the one who makes my knees week! I just like Derri's music (and his hair! I'm jealous!)

MF behaved himself last night. And I did go out with our son for a while, but not as long as MF did! Tongue . I was a little bummed that I had payed to see the Dogs and had to go out with my son cuz I thought I wouldn't be able to see them. Well, I was able to see Derri and Terry just fine (had to go a little closer to the door to see Mike), so it was well worth runnin after our boy! I was especially able to see Derri - it was kinda like he was framed in the doorway. Cool

As fer bein a music lover: I am! And I don't just let MF do "his thing" cuz "his thing" is "my thing" and he has to share if I'm to let him do "his thing"!

Whoa, my heads spinnnin after that! Big Grin

And that Doggie Crowd is why I love the Dogs! Smaller venues feel more intimate and I like that! (And that's why the show last night kinda had a "living room intimacy" kinda feeling! Pleased )

Smile
07-01-2004 17:43 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
illustrator illustrator is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 07-01-2004

"Wow, didn't know you were there! Which table were you sitting at? Were you at the front table on the right?"

Yes, I was at the front table at the right! Wow, what a great seat! I've never read this board until today, so its really amazing to me that for some reason this morning I go to DanielAmos.com and click on the Forum and there is the set list and people talking about the show! Thanks! (I was going to try to remember the set list to send to a couple of friends who couldn't come, but I'm sure I couldn't have remembered it all)

I live in Knoxville and have wanted the Dogs to come to New City Cafe www.newcitycafe.com/ for years so I was very excited that it finally happened. Its a great venue to watch music. When its packed full it probably only holds 200 people or so.

I was at the 77s show in Alcoa a couple months back. Other than that, the only time I've seen any of these guys was when the Lost Dogs played in Chattanooga back in about 1997.

My friend Allyn (the eye doctor) only got to come because my wife had gotten sick yesterday and told me to find someone else to go. He was excited, but warned me that he was on call. The other guy sitting with us was a fellow that Allyn and I had gone with to see Chagall Guevara several years ago in Knoxville, so that was a nice little unintended reunion.
07-01-2004 21:40 illustrator is offline Send an Email to illustrator Homepage of illustrator Search for Posts by illustrator Add illustrator to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

All this discussion of people seeing the Dogs live is making me jealous.

You won't like me when I'm jealous.

I turn all green with envy.

That's right. I'm the Incredible Sulk.

Tongue

07-01-2004 23:18 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Pup - I wouldnt say I feel THAT badly
about not seein the boys......yet.

Me?- I'm the incredible Balk.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jiminy: 07-02-2004 07:20.

07-02-2004 07:19 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

I'm just incredible Pleased
07-02-2004 09:11 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

agreed...
in-credible

as in -
not credible.

07-02-2004 10:08 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
mindgasket mindgasket is a male
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-18-2003
Location: Just because we're hypnotized that don't mean we can't dance!

Shocked Ooooooooh... Eleanor, it's raining now. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

them's fightin' wurds!
07-02-2004 10:50 mindgasket is offline Send an Email to mindgasket Search for Posts by mindgasket Add mindgasket to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Pup - I wouldnt say I feel THAT badly
about not seein the boys......yet.

Me?- I'm the incredible Balk.

That's a Lot better than the incredible Bulk! Tongue

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
07-02-2004 11:10 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
"Wow, didn't know you were there! Which table were you sitting at? Were you at the front table on the right?"

Yes, I was at the front table at the right! Wow, what a great seat! I've never read this board until today, so its really amazing to me that for some reason this morning I go to DanielAmos.com and click on the Forum and there is the set list and people talking about the show! Thanks! (I was going to try to remember the set list to send to a couple of friends who couldn't come, but I'm sure I couldn't have remembered it all)

I live in Knoxville and have wanted the Dogs to come to New City Cafe www.newcitycafe.com/ for years so I was very excited that it finally happened. Its a great venue to watch music. When its packed full it probably only holds 200 people or so.

I was at the 77s show in Alcoa a couple months back. Other than that, the only time I've seen any of these guys was when the Lost Dogs played in Chattanooga back in about 1997.

My friend Allyn (the eye doctor) only got to come because my wife had gotten sick yesterday and told me to find someone else to go. He was excited, but warned me that he was on call. The other guy sitting with us was a fellow that Allyn and I had gone with to see Chagall Guevara several years ago in Knoxville, so that was a nice little unintended reunion.

Cool I remember seeing all of you at your table and thinkin, "Who are those guys? They look like true Dogs fans!" Tongue Are you the guy with the beard? (Maybe I won't have anymore questions after this one!)

That set list was certainly nothing I could remember all of. We wrote it all down so we could share it here to whet the appetites of those that will be goin' to a show during this tour.

Also, it's interesting that you were at the 77's show in Alcoa. My husband, who is Mountain Fan on this board, went to that show too. I stayed home that night so that he could take a friend from church who had recently lost his job. I hear that was a great show too!

BTW, we live in Asheville, North Carolina, so we had to drive 2 hours to get to the show, but it was well worth every drop of gas burned!!!!! We'll have to all plan to get together if the Dogs ever come back to New City Cafe (or anywhere else in Knoxville or close by)! Smile

Smile
07-02-2004 13:50 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Dark Steamy Cabbage

quote:
[i] Cool I remember seeing all of you at your table and thinkin, "Who are those guys? They look like true Dogs fans!" Tongue Are you the guy with the beard?

We'll have to all plan to get together if the Dogs ever come back to New City Cafe (or anywhere else in Knoxville or close by)! Smile

Yep, that was me with the beard. (see pic: www.lotsoforange.com) Shocked

Let me know if the Dogs come to Asheville. Maybe my wife and I would drive over for that. We have four kids (14, 12, 5, 3) so its rare that we get to do concerts together. thats why i was real disappointed that she didnt get to go the show on Wednesday.

the 77s show in Alcoa was freaky for me. Mike Roe's sidekick, Mark Harmon (from California) started telling the audience that he used to spend his summers in East Tennessee. He then said "has anyone heard of Elizabethton?" Well that small town is my hometown! And then he said, "in a place called Stoney Creek". that is the small community where I grew up! It freaked me out. I talked to him for a long time after the show about it. Glad your husband got to come over for that. I heard that Lost dogs had been in Alcoa a few months back and I didnt even know about it! Did he come to that?
07-02-2004 15:18 illustrator is offline Send an Email to illustrator Homepage of illustrator Search for Posts by illustrator Add illustrator to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
[i] Cool I remember seeing all of you at your table and thinkin, "Who are those guys? They look like true Dogs fans!" Tongue Are you the guy with the beard?

We'll have to all plan to get together if the Dogs ever come back to New City Cafe (or anywhere else in Knoxville or close by)! Smile

Let me know if the Dogs come to Asheville. Maybe my wife and I would drive over for that. We have four kids (14, 12, 5, 3) so its rare that we get to do concerts together. thats why i was real disappointed that she didnt get to go the show on Wednesday.

the 77s show in Alcoa was freaky for me. Mike Roe's sidekick, Mark Harmon (from California) started telling the audience that he used to spend his summers in East Tennessee. He then said "has anyone heard of Elizabethton?" Well that small town is my hometown! And then he said, "in a place called Stoney Creek". that is the small community where I grew up! It freaked me out. I talked to him for a long time after the show about it. Glad your husband got to come over for that. I heard that Lost dogs had been in Alcoa a few months back and I didnt even know about it! Did he come to that?

Dude, I remember seein you! Cool

MF and I have talked about tryin to get the Dogs here to Asheville. Funds just haven't allowed it yet! Frown Maybe someday! Pleased We'll let ya know if we do!

I didn't hear about the Dogs bein' in Alcoa Mad Why didn't I know bout that? Confused

However, they were in Taccoa Falls, GA in March 2003 and in Alpharetta, GA in October 2003. I only know cuz we were at both shows! And they were great! Pleased

Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by bereal: 07-02-2004 15:32.

07-02-2004 15:28 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
quote:

Hey, I remember seeing you at New City Cafe!

Didn't know the Dogs were in Alcoa recently!?

I remember at the 77s show someone making some remark to Mark about the whole Stoney Creek deal; cool that it was you! Mark seemed like one real neat guy.

I think it's just a matter of time before we can get them to Asheville. I'm trying to find the right venue and some sponsors, but haven't had any luck so far. Maybe they'll get together some official promotional sheets and CDs together (even if I have to download and print/burn them) and I can pound the pavement and hookup with the right venue and folks.

My dad used to drive through Elizabethon (I think I remembered that right) on business trips on the way to a different plant that the company he worked for had (Great Lakes Carbon Corp).

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
07-02-2004 18:12 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:

Terry refered to it as :

like the one in this photo? Tongue

07-03-2004 19:33 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
Dark Steamy Cabbage

quote:

My dad used to drive through Elizabethon (I think I remembered that right) on business trips on the way to a different plant that the company he worked for had (Great Lakes Carbon Corp).

The fellow who brought the 77s to Alcoa told me he had the Lost dogs there just a few months earlier. I think he catches bands if they are coming through nearby and have an open date and want to add a show. there was no promotion that I'm aware of for that show and probably wasnt much more than the 30 or so in attendance that were at the 77s show, I"m guessing. Anyway I missed it because I didnt even know about it.

The Great Lakes Carbon plant your dad used to drive to is about one mile from where I grew up! My uncle, worked there for about 25 years or so. Small world!
07-03-2004 19:39 illustrator is offline Send an Email to illustrator Homepage of illustrator Search for Posts by illustrator Add illustrator to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:

The fellow who brought the 77s to Alcoa told me he had the Lost dogs there just a few months earlier. I think he catches bands if they are coming through nearby and have an open date and want to add a show. there was no promotion that I'm aware of for that show and probably wasnt much more than the 30 or so in attendance that were at the 77s show, I"m guessing. Anyway I missed it because I didnt even know about it.

The Great Lakes Carbon plant your dad used to drive to is about one mile from where I grew up! My uncle, worked there for about 25 years or so. Small world!

Yes, small world indeed! Shocked Thanks for sharing that. Smile )

BTW, if you ever do hear about a show nearby that is not being promoted, think of us, will ya? Pleased And we'll do the same for you! Wink You can always send a private message to MF or to me, or you can e-mail one of us.

Smile
07-04-2004 09:49 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » My Fabulous Night With...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH