Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Does anyone speak German? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Does anyone speak German?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

Does anyone speak German? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://home.tiscali.nl/vanderklis/weblog...-zijn-mutt.html

8 juli 2004
The Lost Dogs zijn mutt

De ooit als gelegenheidsformatie begonnen The Lost Dogs heeft inmiddels naam & faam in de americana, folkrock met country invloeden, ofwel muziek voor oudere jongeren. De voormannen van Daniel Amos (Terry Taylor), The Choir (Derri Daugherty), 77's (Mike Roe) hebben hun inmiddels 7e album Mutt uitgebracht. Een bijzonder album, want liedjes die ooit op platen van de 'eigen' bands verschenen, hebben een nieuw Lost Dogs-jasje gekregen.
If You Want To (van het Daniel Amos album Kalhoun uit 1991), The Lust, The Flesh, The Eyes & The Pride of Life (van het 77's album 77's uit 1986), Like A Cloud (van het Speckled Bird album van The Choir uit 1994), Grace Is The Smell of Rain (van het Daniel Amos album Motor Cycle uit 1993), Sunshine Down (van Michael Roe's solo album Say Your Prayers uit 2002), To Cover You (van The Choir's Wide Eyed Wonder uit 1989), It's So Sad (van het 77's album Ping Pong Over The Abyss uit 1982), Ain't Gonna Fight It (Daniel Amos nam het in 1976 op voor de LP Maranatha! 5), Beautiful Scandalous Night (in 1991 door The Choir op At The Foot of the Cross en in 2000 opnieuw op Flap Your Wings gezet). I'm Setting You Free, but I'm Not Letting You Go is de splinternieuwe door Terry Taylor en Steven Hindalong geschreven song.

Ben ik inderdaad zo'n oudere jongere en tevens fan, dat ik van alle genoemde albums alleen Motor Cycle en Maranatha! 5 van Daniel Amos niet heb?

07-18-2004 21:49 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I don't speak a lick of German, but I think it says anyone Mountain Dewing on Mutt will be spayed or neutered or hooked up to a live wire. Pretty ruff?

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
07-18-2004 22:18 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I know a little German...

and, there he is over there...

I had to say it. I can't be the only one that thought this when ready the title of this post.

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
07-18-2004 22:31 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Ha, this is funny. I tried one of those language translation sites. it is not much clearer but, here is what I got:

08 July 2004 The draws to dogs are mutt ever ash gelegenheidsformatie begun The draws to dogs have meanwhile name & faam into the americana, folkrock with country influences, or music for older young people. The voormannen of Daniel Amos (Terry Taylor), The Choir (Derri Daugherty), 77's (Mike roe) their meanwhile 7th album has brought out Mutt. Particular albums, because or songs ever the OI plates of ' own ' volume appeared, new draw dogs jacket has got. If You because barrel (of Daniel Amos album Kalhoun it from 1991), The desire, The Flesh, The Eyes & The Pride OR life (of 77's album 77's from 1986), Like a Cloud (of bacon LED Bird album of The Choir it from 1994), Grace is The Smell OR Rain (of Daniel Amos album engine Cycle it from 1993), Sunshine down (of Michael Roe's solo album Say Your peoples who never stop talking from 2002), tons or cover You (of The Choir's Wide Eyed wonder from 1989), It's so Sad (of 77's the album Ping Pong concerning The Abyss from 1982), Ain't 6-497> 5), Beautiful Scandalous Night (in 1991, The Choir OI RK The Foot OR the CROSSES EN put in 2000 again OI, flap Your Wings). I'm Setting You Free, but I'm emergency Letting You Go the brand-new by Terry Taylor AND steven has been written Hindalong song. I indeed zo'n older youngster AND tevens supporter, who I or album avenues engine Cycle called of all AND Maranatha!, is 5 of Daniel Amos rivet lift? posted by Henk January of the klis OI Thursday, July 08.,2004

07-18-2004 22:41 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

quote:
Originally posted by sprinklerhead
Ha, this is funny. I tried one of those language translation sites. it is not much clearer but, here is what I got:

08 July 2004 The draws to dogs are mutt ever ash gelegenheidsformatie begun The draws to dogs have meanwhile name & faam into the americana, folkrock with country influences, or music for older young people. The voormannen of Daniel Amos (Terry Taylor), The Choir (Derri Daugherty), 77's (Mike roe) their meanwhile 7th album has brought out Mutt. Particular albums, because or songs ever the OI plates of ' own ' volume appeared, new draw dogs jacket has got. If You because barrel (of Daniel Amos album Kalhoun it from 1991), The desire, The Flesh, The Eyes & The Pride OR life (of 77's album 77's from 1986), Like a Cloud (of bacon LED Bird album of The Choir it from 1994), Grace is The Smell OR Rain (of Daniel Amos album engine Cycle it from 1993), Sunshine down (of Michael Roe's solo album Say Your peoples who never stop talking from 2002), tons or cover You (of The Choir's Wide Eyed wonder from 1989), It's so Sad (of 77's the album Ping Pong concerning The Abyss from 1982), Ain't 6-497> 5), Beautiful Scandalous Night (in 1991, The Choir OI RK The Foot OR the CROSSES EN put in 2000 again OI, flap Your Wings). I'm Setting You Free, but I'm emergency Letting You Go the brand-new by Terry Taylor AND steven has been written Hindalong song. I indeed zo'n older youngster AND tevens supporter, who I or album avenues engine Cycle called of all AND Maranatha!, is 5 of Daniel Amos rivet lift? posted by Henk January of the klis OI Thursday, July 08.,2004

Well, then. I guess that clears that up!

I'm pretty sure that they say you should buy Mutt or they will invade Poland.

07-18-2004 22:55 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Favorite Album or Song Titles from the German Translation:

Say Your peoples who never stop talking
Ping Pong concerning The Abyss
I'm Setting You Free, but I'm emergency Letting You Go
bacon LED Bird
If You because barrel
The desire, The Flesh, The Eyes & The Pride OR life
engine Cycle

Favorite Description of Lost Dogs Fans:

older young people

07-18-2004 23:00 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
Originally posted by PuP

bacon LED Bird
If You because barrel
engine Cycle

older young people

LOL! Big Grin

That was too funny! I am part German, part Italian, part American Indian and who knows what else. Guess that makes me a mutt too! But I didn't understand a word of that first post! Thanks for clearing things up for me fellow pup! Tongue

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
07-18-2004 23:03 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 06-28-2002

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler....SUPER KARATE MONKEY DEATH CAR Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That is too funny....kinda reminds me of that episode of NewsRadio where Jimmy James has his book, "Jimmy James, Capitalist Lion Tamer" translated from English to Japanese and then due to it's success in Japan, from Japanese back into english....giving the book the new title...well here...just read this transcript from the show...it cracks me up every time:

Jimmy James: "The original title of this book was 'Jimmy James, Capitalist Lion Tamer' but I see now that it's... 'Jimmy James, Macho Business Donkey Wrestler'... you know what it is... I had the book translated in to Japanese then back in again into English. Macho Business Donkey Wrestler... well there you go... it's got kind of a ring to it don't it? Anyway, I wanted to read from chapter three... which is the story of my first rise to financial prominence...

"I had a small house of brokerage on Wall Street... many days no business come to my hut... my hut... but Jimmy has fear? A thousand times no. I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey strong bowels were girded with strength like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo... dung."

"Glorious sunset of my heart was fading. Soon the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans... and pants to match. The monkey clown horrible karate round and yummy like cute small baby chick would beat the donkey."

Question from journalist: Mr. James, what did you mean when you wrote, "bad clown making like super American car racers, I would make them sweat, War War?"

Answer from Jimmy James: Well, you know... it's LIKE when a clown is making like a car... racer... it's sorta... like... the FCC. The CLOWN... the clown is like the FCC... and I was opposed to the FCC at the time, right? So it was like I was declaring War. WARRRR!.

Question from journalist: So then did the American yum yum clown monkey also represent the FCC?

Answer from Jimmy James: Yeah, it did. Thanks a LOT!

Question from journalist: What did you mean when you said, "feel my skills, donkey donkey donkey donkey donkey?

Answer from Jimmy James: (Sigh)

07-18-2004 23:46 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

LMAO! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
07-18-2004 23:48 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 06-28-2002

I think this is actually in Dutch rather than German. This guy ordered the CD from me, and he's in the Netherlands. The translation is still goofed up a bit, but I don't think this is a review. He seems to be announcing the album on his blog and where you can get it, and then at the end he's saying that he only has a couple DA albums and is missing 5. Something like that. Here is the Dutch to English translation:

Ever as gelegenheidsformatie started The discharge dogs meanwhile name & faam in the americana, folkrock with country influences, or music for older young people have. The voormannen of Daniel Amos (Terry Taylor), The Choir (Derri Daugherty), 77's (Mike roe) have their meanwhile 7th album Mutt brought out. A particular album, because songs which appeared ever on plates of ' its own ' link, have new discharge jacketjacket jacket got.
If You because likes To (of the Daniel Amos album Kalhoun from 1991), The, The Flesh, The Eyes & The Pride or life (of 77's album 77's from 1986), Like a Cloud (of Speckled Bird album of The Choir from 1994), Grace is The Smell or Rain (of Daniel Amos album engine Cycle from 1993), Sunshine down (of Michael roe's solo album Say Your peoples who never stop talking from 2002), To cover You (of The Choir's Wide Eyed wonder from 1989), It's So Sad (of 77's the album Ping Pong concerning The Abyss from 1982), Ain't Gonna Fight the Choir uit 1994), Grace Is The Smell of Rain (van het Daniel Amos album Motor Cycle uit 1993), Sunshine Down (van Michael Roe's solo album Say Your Prayers uit 2002), To Cover You (van The Choir's Wide Eyed Wonder uit 1989), It's So Sad (van het 77's album Ping Pong Over The Abyss uit 1982), Ain't Gonna Fight It (Daniel Amos nam het in 1976 op voor de LP Maranatha! 5), Beautiful Scandalous Night (in 1991, The Choir on again ate The Foot or the cross and in 2000, on flap Your Wings put). I'm Setting You Free, but I'm Not Letting You Go the brand-new by Terry Taylor and steven has been written Hindalong song.

I indeed such an older youngster and tevens supporter, who I all albums only engine Cycle called of and Maranatha!, is 5 of Daniel Amos do not have?

Ok...so funny stuff...the translation ends up calling the Lost Dogs the "discharge Dogs"...which is actually kinda gross. But in the same vein of the "Jimmy James....donkey donkey donkey donkey...." we have the line, "new discharge jacket jacket jacket got"....whatever that means.

And so nobody gets bent, I'm not making fun of the Dutch, just the screwy translater machine at worldlingo.com.

Anyway, one of the bands I am working with is from Amsterdam, (At The Close Of Every Day) and they are gone for a couple weeks on a vacation, but when they get back I'll see if they can make some better sense of the text.

jeffrey k.

07-19-2004 00:06 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

The discharge dogs?

yuck!
Shocked
07-19-2004 01:08 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Eleanor
The discharge dogs?

yuck!
Shocked

Maybe it's not quite as bad as it sounds.

Maybe the "discharge dogs" were the ones that didn't make the "Dogs of War"?

Got a few miles left ...

07-19-2004 08:35 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k.
I think this is actually in Dutch rather than German.

Yes, I saw 'the Netherlands' on the website. So, I used the Dutch to English translation engine on altavista.com. I'm glad that the fate of the world does not depend on an accurate translation from that site.

07-19-2004 09:26 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
Bryan Bryan is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 11-13-2002

quote:
Originally posted by PuP

bacon LED Bird
If You because barrel
engine Cycle

older young people

Big Grin
07-19-2004 11:26 Bryan is offline Send an Email to Bryan Search for Posts by Bryan Add Bryan to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

That was too funny!

I am definitely an older young people...!

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
07-19-2004 12:10 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
That was too funny!

I am definitely an older young people...!

Lately, I am feeling more like a younger old person.

07-19-2004 12:35 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
Originally posted by PuP

The, The Flesh, The Eyes & The Pride or life - Dutch

the Bible calls it Lust the Germans call it desire
the Dutch do not even have a word for it...
anyway you look at it, I will take the Or Life

07-19-2004 12:56 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
The draws to dogs have meanwhile name & faam into the americana, folkrock with country influences, or music for older young people.

older young people??? oh.... like guys in their mid 30's or older who post on message boards??? Confused

07-19-2004 14:13 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
quote:
The draws to dogs have meanwhile name & faam into the americana, folkrock with country influences, or music for older young people.

older young people??? oh.... like guys in their mid 30's or older who post on message boards??? Confused

That would mean I'm still a younger young people. Tongue

Got a few miles left ...

07-19-2004 14:28 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Does anyone speak German?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH