Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » TST Interview » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page TST Interview
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Pfiagra
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-137.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2002

TST Interview Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Don't know if this has been posted here yet or not, but there is an audio interview with Terry posted on the Lost Dogs board.

Terry Interview online

07-20-2004 14:26 Pfiagra is offline Send an Email to Pfiagra Search for Posts by Pfiagra Add Pfiagra to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Right on!

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-20-2004 16:10 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ben Ben is a male
Dignified Lazar

Registration Date: 06-15-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Wow! Terry talked a little about this song at the MD show, but not with that much detail. I love the insight / tie-in with our relationship to God.

Ben
07-20-2004 16:56 Ben is offline Send an Email to Ben Search for Posts by Ben Add Ben to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

Cool CooL Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

SuP !

07-20-2004 16:59 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Angry Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

DAmb dial up Evil

Estimated download time: 30 minutes. Roll Eyes

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
07-20-2004 23:03 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

very cool!
thx for that- interesting for Terry to be honest about his family.. I liked that.

Brings songs like Olvera St and recordings like BFTA to life again.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
07-21-2004 07:58 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

specially concerning
"the dirty little secret"
and
"Gods terrible gift"

I can't belueve that hearing talk about that makes one smile- but for me it does.
A little truth goes a long way here, kids.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
07-21-2004 08:13 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Originally posted by bereal
DAmb dial up Evil

Got it now. I'll bring home the goodies along with the bacon.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
07-21-2004 09:33 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
quote:
DAmb dial up Evil

Thanks MF! You're the best! Pleased

Smile
07-21-2004 11:34 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
specially concerning
and
"Gods terrible gift"

I can't belueve that hearing talk about that makes one smile- but for me it does.

Yep.

Got a few miles left ...

07-21-2004 12:00 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Ben
Wow! Terry talked a little about this song at the MD show, but not with that much detail. I love the insight / tie-in with our relationship to God.

I thought the relationship with God thing was a little overdone when it was mainly about their daughters. But it is a neat alternate meaning fer sure!

Got a few miles left ...

07-21-2004 12:02 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

"I'm Setting You Free, But I'm Not Letting You Go" was mainly about the physical separation of the nest being emptied.

I think if we are good parents we are actually emotionally and spiritually in a constant process of setting our kids free more and more all through their childhood. Encouraging them and praying for them that faith may be their own and not ours.

Got a few miles left ...

07-21-2004 12:04 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Gabriel Syme Gabriel Syme is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-135.gif

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

I also thought the alternate meaning was a stretch. What TST had to say about loss & pain in our growth in Christ was very moving & thought-provoking though.
07-21-2004 16:15 Gabriel Syme is offline Search for Posts by Gabriel Syme Add Gabriel Syme to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

How about all that background noise? The "special effects" really made me feel like I was having dinner with Terry and Jesus. Accept, Jesus didn't talk much. Maybe he just wasn't close enough to the mic.

What will they think of next?

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
07-21-2004 16:19 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by sprinklerhead
How about all that background noise? The "special effects" really made me feel like I was having dinner with Terry and Jesus. Accept, Jesus didn't talk much. Maybe he just wasn't close enough to the mic.

What will they think of next?

I'm very thankful that Terry got this opportunity... but well... the show did have sort of a mainstream CCM feel. But, that could be good, publicity is good!

Got a few miles left ...

07-21-2004 16:23 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

I recponize the name Steve Broderson.....

Not sure if it was the DADL or DAMB or where...

07-21-2004 16:43 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
specially concerning
and
"Gods terrible gift"

Yep.

As I reflected some more on this interview, I realized that on the interview on "When Everyone Wore Hats" disc 3, he mentions "the fellowship of Christ's sufferings" (or something pretty close to that) also.

Additionally, it seemed he coughed or seemed uncomfortable on the WEWH interview at the mention of his father, as he should have since he hadn't passed on that long ago at that point. In this interview, he goes more in depth about the relationship with his father and grandfather and so on. Pretty neat.

If you don't have WEWH, you need to get it. It will help you appreciate SOTH a lot more, IMHO. Cool

Got a few miles left ...

07-21-2004 21:22 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
quote:
DAmb dial up Evil

Thanks MF! You're the best! Pleased

Evil

That's what I get fer thinkin'! Mad

He forgot to burn the CD and bring it home for me to watch it! Now I'll have to wait until tomorrow. Crying

Smile
07-21-2004 22:52 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

quote:

That's what I get fer thinkin'! Mad

He forgot to burn the CD and bring it home for me to watch it! Now I'll have to wait until tomorrow. Crying

Listen...not watch... - it's a 30 minute mp3 file

(only 14 mintues through myself after taking 40 minutes to download on dialup)

07-21-2004 23:23 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Ubique Epoque

Thanks for clarifying CP! I didn't realize it was an MP3 file. Roll Eyes

Smile
07-21-2004 23:25 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » TST Interview

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH