Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Feeling Guilty » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Feeling Guilty
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: Bleak human landscape, flat roofed houses, bad breath, vacant lots and murder evidence. God saves and leads a remnant of scraggly, faithless people, in spite of themsleves and just because he feels like it.

Feeling Guilty Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I ordered Little, Big last week and the freight charge was $1.50 and I'm feeling guilty about that.

You see I live in New Zealand (in case I hadn't mentioned that before Smile )and to New Zealand the freight for one disk - from looking at the stamp on the outside - is usually between $3 to $5

Which means between $1.50 and $3.50 is taken right off the top of the profit for Terry, Audiori and Co. And when you are talking about a $12 disk it's a big percentage (12.5% to 25%)

Also with the Avocado club I paid my $20 and the freight is of course more to get the stuff too me. So less money is made by me than for all the USA and Canada dudes who the freight rates have been set for.

Why don't you set up an international freight charge on the web stores? I know I'm kicking myself in the teeth here but for Terry and Co. they deserve my money more than I do.
06-30-2002 20:24 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, so far the online transaction service we use
doesn't have an option for International orders when it
comes to shipping. They have like 2 options, one where
you just add more shipping the more items you add to your order (the one we use) or one where you pick the shipping method you use (fedEx, UPS, US mail, Etc) which would be
handy but it doesnt allow us to add more shipping charges for more items ordered.
Maybe its time we make a few suggestions to them..

When we get back from Cornerstone we might be able to
set up something that would work until they add a new option.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
06-30-2002 20:52 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Location: Bleak human landscape, flat roofed houses, bad breath, vacant lots and murder evidence. God saves and leads a remnant of scraggly, faithless people, in spite of themsleves and just because he feels like it.

Thread Starter Thread Started by Andrew
An idea Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori

When we get back from Cornerstone we might be able to
set up something that would work until they add a new option.

What you could have is a "product" for sale called international freight charge.

Those who are honest enough can add this to their cart until you can get the webstore fixed.

Lets just hope the completest people don't decide to buy one without looking thinking it's a new Cd and then moan afterwards.

Just an idea.

06-30-2002 21:34 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-236.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: Silicon Valley: prime real estate for a terrorist dirty bomb hit

Andrew! You are SO bad... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

you should be in detention! 10 Hail Marys, 10 Our Fathers and take out your Landlady's garbage-

Big Grin

quote:
I ordered Little, Big last week and the freight charge was $1.50 and I'm feeling guilty about that.

You see I live in New Zealand (in case I hadn't mentioned that before )and to New Zealand the freight for one disk - from looking at the stamp on the outside - is usually between $3 to $5

PS It dint cost that much to matrix mix ya-

--Peter Jackson quoting J. R. R. Tolkien
07-03-2002 02:16 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
Slamhound
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 07-11-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey Andrew, pipe down! I live in Australia and it's painful enough having to double all the US prices to get Aust dollars let alone pay real dollars for the shipping. Your honesty makes it sound like this board's made up by a bunch of Christians or something.

To summarise:
- I pay too much for CD's.
- You are right.
- I love God more than money.
- I love DA more than cheese.

Slamhound (of Heaven)

Money, money, money, money, money, money, money.....
07-12-2002 01:36 Slamhound is offline Send an Email to Slamhound Search for Posts by Slamhound Add Slamhound to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

Christian CDs tend to be more expensive anyway... Confused

07-14-2002 17:15 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Author of the Post Author of the Post is a male
A Hot Wolly

Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

quote:
Originally posted by arcticsunburn

It's all supply and demand. There's not as big a demand for CCM. If CCM groups sold as many CDs as Aerosmith, Britney Spears, and the Backstreet Boys, the cost of production and marketing and all would be less and bring the cost down.

-- The Author of the Post
07-15-2002 08:53 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

quote:
Originally posted by Author of the Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcticsunburn

It's all supply and demand. There's not as big a demand for CCM. If CCM groups sold as many CDs as Aerosmith, Britney Spears, and the Backstreet Boys, the cost of production and marketing and all would be less and bring the cost down.

-- The Author of the Post

I don't really mind paying money for a good CD though... Wink

07-15-2002 18:16 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Feeling Guilty

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH