Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » How did you find DA? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (13): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 8 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page How did you find DA? 10 Votes - Average Rating: 9.1010 Votes - Average Rating: 9.1010 Votes - Average Rating: 9.1010 Votes - Average Rating: 9.10
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jwaltb
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 04-23-2002

RE: Hey Stel-LA! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

[/quote]

Eunice? I actually work in Opelousas, just down 190 from you. I grew up in Mississippi, but now make Lafayette home (not because of a woman, at least not that I know of).
Very funny about the BBQ tour. I think we got some work to do for that, which is a shame because we would have to travel quite a ways to see them live.[/quote]

You're right about the work to do, but there have been some opportunities, albeit a few. Back around the time of the Dogs' Green Room Serenade someone brought them to a Baptist church in Baton Rouge but didn't do such a great job promoting. I happened to hear about it by accident the day before the concert. Small crowd but BIG show. It was fantastic! Then waaaaaay back Russ Taff played in Alexandria at the Baptist college and who was opening for him? The Choir. Another great night for Louisiana.

Other than that I've had to travel to Houston to catch the Dogs and C-Stone a couple of times for Terry and/or DA. Mais, dat is one long drive from da swamp, cha.

JB

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jwaltb: 07-28-2004 06:48.

07-28-2004 06:47 jwaltb is offline Send an Email to jwaltb Search for Posts by jwaltb Add jwaltb to your Buddy List
Gabriel Syme Gabriel Syme is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-135.gif

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

RE: Mark Heard. That's how. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by carl
I was hoping to copy-and-paste one of the dozens of times I've already written the account (the words "Organ Bar" should've turned up SOMETHING more useful Big Grin ), so that's all y'r getting 'cause I'm too jaded to do it all over again. Tongue

"We're TIRED of your testimony, son! The whole congregation's sick & tired of your testimony!" Wink
07-28-2004 08:23 Gabriel Syme is offline Search for Posts by Gabriel Syme Add Gabriel Syme to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Faith, dat.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Even I'M tired of my testimony! Big Grin

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
07-28-2004 08:30 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Space Ghost
quote:
Originally posted by sprinklerhead
quote:
Originally posted by dennis
yes.

Wow, great location but kinda restrictive. I had some friends that went there a couple years before you. When the student handbook said that hair could not touch your ears or collar, one friend kept the back short and grew the front down past his chin. They didn't like him too much there.

Ha, this reminds me of my own "tease" with going to Bible school. I'll try not to get too long-winded (this is, afterall, a "how did you find da" thread).

:::flashback to 1984-85:::

The person who was instrumental in getting me to open up to God was a young lady who came from an extremely fundamentalist background. How fundamentalist, you might ask??? How about that good ol' Bob Jones University fundamentalism! I spent my first year of being a Christian in a church that was absolutely against everything. But not knowing any better, I stuck with it.

Well, this young lady and I became an item, and even became engaged at one point. Before we had met, she had already had plans to go to BJU, so she did. I went through many steps in becoming a student there myself, and had we not broken up I probably would've. I even went and spent a week there with her and you talk about repression...HOLY COW, were these people strict. Gals could only wear dresses, guys had to have hair above the ears, absolutely no physical contact between the opposite sex (including hand-holding), no televisions were allowed whatsoever (in fact, during my visit some guy got in trouble for using his computer monitor to watch the Super Bowl). I could go on and on. Needless to say, I thank God that he kept me from making that mistake...both with her and with that school. Wink

SG

One of our friend's sons with longer hair went to a summer music camp at BJU, and he also got it trimmed up - except in front! Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
07-28-2004 11:33 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
quote:
Originally posted by Space Ghost
quote:
Originally posted by sprinklerhead
quote:
Originally posted by dennis
yes.

Wow, great location but kinda restrictive. I had some friends that went there a couple years before you. When the student handbook said that hair could not touch your ears or collar, one friend kept the back short and grew the front down past his chin. They didn't like him too much there.

Ha, this reminds me of my own "tease" with going to Bible school. I'll try not to get too long-winded (this is, afterall, a "how did you find da" thread).

:::flashback to 1984-85:::

The person who was instrumental in getting me to open up to God was a young lady who came from an extremely fundamentalist background. How fundamentalist, you might ask??? How about that good ol' Bob Jones University fundamentalism! I spent my first year of being a Christian in a church that was absolutely against everything. But not knowing any better, I stuck with it.

Well, this young lady and I became an item, and even became engaged at one point. Before we had met, she had already had plans to go to BJU, so she did. I went through many steps in becoming a student there myself, and had we not broken up I probably would've. I even went and spent a week there with her and you talk about repression...HOLY COW, were these people strict. Gals could only wear dresses, guys had to have hair above the ears, absolutely no physical contact between the opposite sex (including hand-holding), no televisions were allowed whatsoever (in fact, during my visit some guy got in trouble for using his computer monitor to watch the Super Bowl). I could go on and on. Needless to say, I thank God that he kept me from making that mistake...both with her and with that school. Wink

SG

One of our friend's sons with longer hair went to a summer music camp at BJU, and he also got it trimmed up - except in front! Big Grin

He looks kind of geeky now! I liked his hair long better! And my friend, who happens to be his mom, said the same thing! Big Grin

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
07-28-2004 11:42 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
jparker jparker is a male
Mind Peach

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 04-23-2003

Alarma and Darn Floor Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

A friend copied Alarma off of record onto a tape for me, and I wore the thing out. I had never heard anything like it. Much later at my first C-stone on a whim I purchased Darn Floor, and once again fell in love with the band. Darn Floor is, to this day one of my all time favorite CDs bar none. I still remember they had Darn Floor and Fearful Symmetry CDs and I had to choose one, I bought Darn Floor. Little did I know that it would take me YEARS to be able to find a copy of Fearful Symmetry after that on CD. Should've bought them both right then.
08-04-2004 23:10 jparker is offline Send an Email to jparker Search for Posts by jparker Add jparker to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of jparker: jeff_parker@mac.com
illustrator illustrator is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 07-01-2004

I was living in Atlanta in the early to mid 1980s and somehow caught a Scott Ross interview with Terry Taylor on...The 700 Club! It was just after the release of Vox Humana. I remember them showing a clip of DA playing "Sanctuary". The next day I went to a small Christian Bookstore on South Cobb Drive in Marietta and bought Vox. Ever since then I've bought every DA album as soon as it came out. Yes I even got the Fearful Symmetry and Darn Floor CDs when they were in the stores!
08-05-2004 07:33 illustrator is offline Send an Email to illustrator Homepage of illustrator Search for Posts by illustrator Add illustrator to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Cool! I think we have a clip of that show in the timeline.

"Manequins, Venetian blinds....Terry, Venetian blinds?"

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
08-05-2004 08:06 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

From JBwalt:

Then waaaaaay back Russ Taff played in Alexandria at the Baptist college and who was opening for him? The Choir. Another great night for Louisiana.

My kids saw that same tour in Marshfield WI..It was during Wide Eyed Wonder- I had a church commitment and could not go- grrr, a freind drove them the 200+ miles.
I still got the t shirt that my boy bought- it doesnt fit either of us any more.
Gotta love it!

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
08-05-2004 09:07 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

RE: Alarma and Darn Floor Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jparker
A friend copied Alarma off of record onto a tape for me, and I wore the thing out. I had never heard anything like it. Much later at my first C-stone on a whim I purchased Darn Floor, and once again fell in love with the band. Darn Floor is, to this day one of my all time favorite CDs bar none. I still remember they had Darn Floor and Fearful Symmetry CDs and I had to choose one, I bought Darn Floor. Little did I know that it would take me YEARS to be able to find a copy of Fearful Symmetry after that on CD. Should've bought them both right then.

Yes you should have! Shocked

08-05-2004 15:38 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
illustrator illustrator is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 07-01-2004

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Cool! I think we have a clip of that show in the timeline.

"Manequins, Venetian blinds....Terry, Venetian blinds?"

I can't find it! help?
08-06-2004 09:20 illustrator is offline Send an Email to illustrator Homepage of illustrator Search for Posts by illustrator Add illustrator to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Ahhhh we just have a picture in 1985. Maybe this weekend
I can put a clip up.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
08-06-2004 11:46 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Tongue

08-06-2004 11:48 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Bubba Death Machine
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 05-28-2002
Location: Comin' to yer town.... we'll help you kick the devil's ass for Jesus!

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Find, like, WHO???

Vinny Foster (vocals, bass) * Lenny Gwineer (axe) * R. Brown (skins)
08-06-2004 11:53 Bubba Death Machine is offline Send an Email to Bubba Death Machine Homepage of Bubba Death Machine Search for Posts by Bubba Death Machine Add Bubba Death Machine to your Buddy List
Big Gay Al
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-06-2003

I saw terry's silly buns at the beach one night and got into them really fast...I'm talking about the band silly Pleased

08-06-2004 11:59 Big Gay Al is offline Send an Email to Big Gay Al Search for Posts by Big Gay Al Add Big Gay Al to your Buddy List
Berger Roy Al
Swirling Eddies

Registration Date: 02-14-2003

I've told my story before but I'll state it again for anyone who missed it.

A long time ago, I approached Terry Taylor and asked him to get rid of that dirtbag hoax of a bass player Chandler, and let me play bass for DA. He agreed and I immediately joined the band. My mistake was that I mistook Brian Duncan for Terry Taylor (I was in the "Women Who Wear Camouflage, and The Men Who Love Them" tent at Cornerstone, and I'd had a little too much Lavoris) and I ended up playing in Brian Duncan's band "The Sweet Southern Comfort Food Band" or whatever he called it. I mistakenly played in that band for 10 years, thinking that I was actually a member of DA, until one evening when I went to see DA play. I sat in the audeince and watched them take the stage. When they started playing, I realized that I wasn't on-stage and that's when I realized My mistake.

08-09-2004 09:23 Berger Roy Al is offline Send an Email to Berger Roy Al Homepage of Berger Roy Al Search for Posts by Berger Roy Al Add Berger Roy Al to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Berger Roy Al: I_am_not_insane! YIM Account Name of Berger Roy Al: I_AM_not_insane! View the MSN Profile for Berger Roy Al
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

hold on just a second. that story makes no sense. why would berger go to see DA if he already thought he was in the band?
08-09-2004 09:25 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So then, you DIDN'T actually find DA.... DID you, Berger? Tongue

08-09-2004 09:26 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Berger Roy Al
Swirling Eddies

Registration Date: 02-14-2003

Dambit, everyone just leave me alone!! Make them stop, MOMMY!!

08-09-2004 09:27 Berger Roy Al is offline Send an Email to Berger Roy Al Homepage of Berger Roy Al Search for Posts by Berger Roy Al Add Berger Roy Al to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Berger Roy Al: I_am_not_insane! YIM Account Name of Berger Roy Al: I_AM_not_insane! View the MSN Profile for Berger Roy Al
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Berger, I AM yr mommy, remember? Tongue

Anyway, we're just trying to make things clear for you -- like the CORRECT usage of Windex. Tongue Is that the problem? Did you start using the Windex because you figured that'd be the only way to offset those hits of window pane you'd already ingested?

Besides, it's not even Friday. Get back to whatever it is you do. Tongue

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by carl: 08-09-2004 09:34.

08-09-2004 09:33 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Pages (13): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 8 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » How did you find DA?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH