Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » I bought MBD today... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page I bought MBD today...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

I bought MBD today... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

For $26.72 CDN I think. I went to a Christian book store and found it. If I had found anything else I would have bought it. "The Author of the Story" sounds like it could almost fit in with today's Christian music. Either way, amazing song. "Who's Who Here?" reminded me of "Motorcycle" (the song), with the swelling vibratos. The rest of the songs? I can't say for sure yet, only listened through it once. Haven't listened to the second disk yet. Big Grin

07-10-2002 16:33 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arcticsunburn
Haven't listened to the second disk yet. Big Grin

Believe it or not it's even better! Smile )

07-10-2002 16:35 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This album is great. I just took a road trip with the family over the fourth and all were happy with it. Beautiful Martyr plays very well in an SUV. I usually must listen to it with earphones since I usually like to listen to my music when the kiddies are sleeping.

This album is moving up in my all time favorite albums. It has songs that sound better every listen. It may wind up at the very top someday. (I don't make radical changes quickly.)

07-10-2002 16:55 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

Thread Starter Thread Started by arcticsunburn

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
quote:

Hard to believe! Shocked

07-10-2002 17:09 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Tyler Durden
This album is great. I just took a road trip with the family over the fourth and all were happy with it. Beautiful Martyr plays very well in an SUV. I usually must listen to it with earphones since I usually like to listen to my music when the kiddies are sleeping.

This album is moving up in my all time favorite albums. It has songs that sound better every listen. It may wind up at the very top someday. (I don't make radical changes quickly.)

It's only my first day with it... but some songs made me smile. They provide me with hope for Christian music.

07-10-2002 17:10 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
quote:
quote:

Hard to believe! Shocked

I like disc 2 better as well!

BD

07-10-2002 17:28 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

I'm gonna have to have a listen. Wink

07-11-2002 00:50 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:

Just remember to have a little patience towards the end... Wink

07-11-2002 01:06 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
jc
Luteous Llama

interesting Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

DAMbers
i have had MBD for quite a while (last fall)-and
it STILL seems like a new work to me. I havent really listened to disc 2 that much- I love disc one so. I have mentioned it b4- but the first track on D1:
"This is the one" - when I first heard it I looped it to play like 10 times in a row- and HONESTLY felt- this song is worth all I paid..and Joel- to hear that both DA and the Dogs elevated it at C stone -I played it at the jail a few nights ago- the guys were singing along (now THERES a Worship chorus for ya)
MBD-its like an onion (glass?)- so many wonderful layers.....
jIMiNy
07-11-2002 07:44 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Author of the Post Author of the Post is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

MBD is a classic. It will be very hard for them to top it. It was well worth the long wait. I remember pre-ordering it long before it came out and I still love knowing that I have PERSONALLY signed copy. They even spelled my name right (my name gets mispelled a lot.)

For me, I'd have to say I like Disc 1 better. "Author of the Story", "Beautiful Martyr" and "Joel" are the gems. On disc two I love the sarcastic flavor in the vocals on "Easy for You" and the song "Steal Away" is another gem. I've played the album for several friends and they all love it (none of my friends are into Christian music and very few of my friends are at all religious in any form of the word.)

Anyone who doesn't have this CD should get it!

-- The Author of the Post
07-11-2002 08:44 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
Ceremonial Kernel

And so it goes Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just listened to the second disk...

Again, I'm going to have to actually pay attention while listening to them sometime soon, but I liked "Fingertips."

On the first disk Terry's vocals seem "soft." Not soft like on "When Everyone Wore Hats", but "soft." It's hard to explain.

On the second disk, I didn't get quite the same impression.

Yet, needless to say, his vocal performance is top notch. Big Grin

07-11-2002 17:22 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Little Dumbo
Dignified Lazar

Registration Date: 07-01-2002

07-11-2002 17:24 Little Dumbo is offline Send an Email to Little Dumbo Search for Posts by Little Dumbo Add Little Dumbo to your Buddy List
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

Terry is in top form on MBD. This is an album that seems retro in the fact that 18 of the songs seem like potential singles. Each is a unique package unto its own.
07-11-2002 18:01 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
A Hot Wolly

Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

quote:
Originally posted by Little Dumbo

I so totally dig this! Love it. It rocks. Thanks for sharing!

07-12-2002 08:49 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Author of the Post
quote:
Originally posted by Little Dumbo

I so totally dig this! Love it. It rocks. Thanks for sharing!

It's cool, but we've got a bit too much of it.

07-14-2002 17:19 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Lucy Lucy is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 05-16-2002

MBD Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I agree, I think that MBD is truly a masterpiece. It is up there with their best works and stands out to me as also being timeless. Each time I listen to it a diferent tune moves me nearly to tears. I know I'm an old softy, but it really does. If Avacado Faultline and MBD are any indication then I think Terry's writting gets better with each new CD. WOW
Lucy/Jonny
07-15-2002 19:16 Lucy is offline Send an Email to Lucy Homepage of Lucy Search for Posts by Lucy Add Lucy to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Lucy
I agree, I think that MBD is truly a masterpiece. It is up there with their best works and stands out to me as also being timeless. Each time I listen to it a diferent tune moves me nearly to tears. I know I'm an old softy, but it really does. If Avacado Faultline and MBD are any indication then I think Terry's writting gets better with each new CD. WOW
Lucy/Jonny

"Author of the Story" almost immediately moved me to tears... If the melody was a bit more melancholy then it would... Crying

07-16-2002 01:11 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

I want my M B Deeeeeeee!!!!! Pleased

07-16-2002 01:18 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
A Hot Wolly

quote:
Originally posted by Lucy
Lucy/Jonny

So Lucy/Jonny, where in Illinois are you? I've lived in northern, southern, and central Illinois. Just wondering.

07-16-2002 08:45 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
quote:

Just remember to have a little patience towards the end... Wink

or just be wiiling to push that button a long time Wink

07-21-2002 14:50 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » I bought MBD today...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH