Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » chat # II » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page chat # II
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

chat # II Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hi, folks -- somehow, it's been almost a year since our last chat with terry, greg, and ed. how should we handle it for the next one? was sunday night of thanksgiving weekend a good time to do it? is there another time that would be better?

it'll probably have to be at night, whatever we do, but please give me your thoughts.

i know that some people thought that it was chaotic last time. is there a better way to set things up? let me know what ya think.
10-18-2004 09:50 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We need to limit the new threads that Driver is able to start.
10-18-2004 10:01 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

and we need to not tell bax when it will be
(tee hee)

I missed the last one completely- but not so here!
I dont have any suggestions on how NOT to keep it from being a Battle Royal (see wrestling...circa 1967 or so- pre cage match)

but wanna jump right in.
See what you can do Tim- and we will comply....but perhaps some sort of ground rules to maximize the fun would be cool...
Anyone?

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jiminy: 10-18-2004 10:13.

10-18-2004 10:12 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

quote:
Originally posted by baxter
We need to limit the new threads that Driver is able to start.

Roll Eyes

10-18-2004 10:13 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

maybe only the a-bros and DA should be able to start the threads and limit the posting to 2 mins (or more) for everyone but them.
10-18-2004 10:14 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

Thread Starter Thread Started by tchandler

quote:
maybe only the a-bros and DA should be able to start the threads and limit the posting to 2 mins (or more) for everyone but them.

what do ya think, folks? keep 'em comin'
10-18-2004 10:17 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler
quote:

what do ya think, folks? keep 'em comin'

this sounds good to me.

hi-ya tim Cool

10-18-2004 10:27 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Daniel Amos

howdy there, Driver
10-18-2004 10:32 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

do you mean limit the posting to 2 minutes per thread- or what does that mean??
I' wanna play by the rules

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
10-18-2004 10:32 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

audioris? what does the 2 min thing exactly mean?
10-18-2004 10:34 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

it means you couldn't post another post until 2 minutes went by.....like the 30 second rule but 2 minutes instead Tongue

10-18-2004 10:35 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Can we have a post chat party at Northwoods Inn? i'll buy cheese bread for all.
10-18-2004 10:36 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
mike mike is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-15-2004

I think things would go better in a real chat room. I can set one up on
my server if need be. And I will only charge a small fee. jk

With a real chat room you could avoid a bunch of the problems
you had last time, like people starting new threads, refresh time, etc.

m

10-18-2004 10:49 mike is offline Send an Email to mike Homepage of mike Search for Posts by mike Add mike to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Could Jerry be included?
10-18-2004 11:00 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Does Terry have a broadband connection yet? Wasn't that a big problem for him the last time?

10-18-2004 11:14 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Daniel Amos

i'll ask Jerry -- i'm not sure, but i don't think terry has a broadband connection. yes, that WAS a problem.
10-18-2004 11:16 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

thanks for the offer, mike -- audioris, should we use a chat room?
10-18-2004 11:20 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

anything you guys set up will be fine for me. sunday night....great. thanksgiving weekend....no problem.

maybe have the band ask the questions this time. Smile

alright, maybe people could submit their questions and then there would either be a poll or jason and eric could decide on the questions to be asked. that way we could interact......with a little less mayhem. whatever. Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by wes berlin: 10-18-2004 11:26.

10-18-2004 11:25 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

This messageboard system has a chat room available now,
we have no idea how good it is but we could test it out.
We had one set up at 77s.com a while.

Chat room might be the way to go, everyone would be
together in one place.

The other option is to have a section as has been suggested,
only let DA guys start new threads. That can be done.
And it is possible to set limits to where people can only post
after a certain amount of time has passed, except DA. That
would keep one persn from flooding and over running everyone
else.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
10-18-2004 11:26 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

Can I ask fart questions?

10-18-2004 11:29 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » chat # II

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH