Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Aar Xmas Tickets » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Aar Xmas Tickets 3 Votes - Average Rating: 7.003 Votes - Average Rating: 7.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Aar Xmas Tickets Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hello all!!
The fourth annual AAR CHRISTMAS SHOW is on for SATURDAY DECEMBER 11th @ 7:00 PM.

This year will keep with the traditional core of myself, Michael Roe and Terry Scott Taylor.

The concert will be the same place as last year. Sterling Drive Church in Bellingham WA.

Tickets will be $10/ea for ages 12 and up. $5/ea for ages 11 and down.

There will be a Christmas Dinner beginning at 5:30 (limited seating).

Tickets go on sale Saturday, October 30th through the SDC Office or on line at www.andysangelsrecords.org from the web store.

HO HO HO!!!
10-20-2004 17:16 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool

wish we could go. Crying

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
10-22-2004 12:48 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Thread Starter Thread Started by Theo
Wink Well then DO IT!!!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Seriously, let me tell you something: Mike and Terry both enjoy our little Christmas thing. Seems to have developed into a tradition of sorts and we all expressed a desire to keep doing it each year. I'm warmed by this. That's why, in fact, I'm not inviting an extra artist to join us as I have in years past. Because it has become our little Christmas Tradition and it is fabulous.

However, nobody knows what tomorrow brings. When the first AAR XMAS happened, Mike & Terry had done one (1) duet show in Moses Lake WA. It was following that Summer that the AAR XMAS took place. Out of that Mike and Terry began touring as a duet as much as possible and the "season" of the last few years took place--where M&T shows were taking place all over the place as often as possible. **Let me add, I'm not saying I or any other individual spawned these tours, I'm saying, the AAR XMAS and Moses Lake happened to be at the head of this new season of touring for the guys.

In the N.W. at XMAS this meant, my own sponsored show plus about 2 others (which the guys invited me to share in). I have cherished it all! BELIEVE ME!!!!!! CHERISHED IT ALL!!! But nobody knows what tomorrow holds.

At that first AAR XMAS people came from six or so different states to join in. The president of Tooth & Nail flew in from L.A. just to be there. Didn't shmoze any artists. Just flew in; introduced himself to me and flew out. It was amazing all the way around. Roe, Taylor, Sprinkle and me and people from all over the states. Another year it included Elbel and all three of the Dogs. Last year we also had the incredible Bill Harmon with us.

Kinda feels good to look back on all that. But my point (if I may) is that it might be worth coming to this year. Sure there ought to be years to come. But you never know. Not to be fatalistic. But the mantra of AAR isn't what it is by accident--it is by experience!! Life is short (and changing). Live well. Love well.

So, all joking aside. I just encourage you--no matter where you hail from--if you can make it out for this Christmas, please do. It's been a special, very special, time for us all.

XOXO,
theo

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Theo: 10-23-2004 15:14.

10-22-2004 17:05 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i've been at every show.... theo sat in front of me in moses lake.... i didn't even know who he was then.... Wink

10-22-2004 17:19 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

That's right Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

All Joey knew is that I really stink!! Tongue Roll Eyes

PS: I made some alterations to the post ^^
10-23-2004 15:15 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

we all know that! Tongue

10-23-2004 16:57 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

RE: Well then DO IT!!!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Theo
Seriously, let me tell you something: Mike and Terry both enjoy our little Christmas thing. Seems to have developed into a tradition of sorts and we all expressed a desire to keep doing it each year. I'm warmed by this. That's why, in fact, I'm not inviting an extra artist to join us as I have in years past. Because it has become our little Christmas Tradition and it is fabulous.

However, nobody knows what tomorrow brings. When the first AAR XMAS happened, Mike & Terry had done one (1) duet show in Moses Lake WA. It was following that Summer that the AAR XMAS took place. Out of that Mike and Terry began touring as a duet as much as possible and the "season" of the last few years took place--where M&T shows were taking place all over the place as often as possible. **Let me add, I'm not saying I or any other individual spawned these tours, I'm saying, the AAR XMAS and Moses Lake happened to be at the head of this new season of touring for the guys.

In the N.W. at XMAS this meant, my own sponsored show plus about 2 others (which the guys invited me to share in). I have cherished it all! BELIEVE ME!!!!!! CHERISHED IT ALL!!! But nobody knows what tomorrow holds.

At that first AAR XMAS people came from six or so different states to join in. The president of Tooth & Nail flew in from L.A. just to be there. Didn't shmoze any artists. Just flew in; introduced himself to me and flew out. It was amazing all the way around. Roe, Taylor, Sprinkle and me and people from all over the states. Another year it included Elbel and all three of the Dogs. Last year we also had the incredible Bill Harmon with us.

Kinda feels good to look back on all that. But my point (if I may) is that it might be worth coming to this year. Sure there ought to be years to come. But you never know. Not to be fatalistic. But the mantra of AAR isn't what it is by accident--it is by experience!! Life is short (and changing). Live well. Love well.

So, all joking aside. I just encourage you--no matter where you hail from--if you can make it out for this Christmas, please do. It's been a special, very special, time for us all.

XOXO,
theo

If I'm still throwing up all the time, I ain't going anywhere for Christmas! Frown Crying

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
10-25-2004 21:40 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

RE: Well then DO IT!!!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by bereal
quote:
Originally posted by Theo

XOXO,
theo

If I'm still throwing up all the time, I ain't going anywhere for Christmas! Frown Crying

All I want for Christmas is to not puke up, not puke up, not puke up,
All I want for Christmas is to not puke up, and then I'll be alright.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
10-26-2004 14:19 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Big Grin

Smile
10-26-2004 19:28 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

Terry and Mike in Bellingham again? I'll definitely be there... last year's concert was amazing.
10-27-2004 21:37 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Gamgee
Terry and Mike in Bellingham again? I'll definitely be there... last year's concert was amazing.

you were there??? Confused baxter and i were there... so was that pedasso dude... let us know who you are this time, k? Cool

10-28-2004 09:37 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Ho Ho Ho Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Tickets are now available at the AAR web store. Added plus this year is that more time is set aside for Mike and Terry. I will do very little. I want to see those guys have all the time in the world.

Also, there will be a pre-show dinner for a short list. The dinner is available to 20 people who wish to make an extra donation to the cause of $25.00 or more. It will be on a first come first serve basis. How do you get in line? Send me a private email theo@andysangelsrecords.org and I will put you on the list.

The menu has yet to be announced in full, but the chef is an older Arkansas woman who does this for a living. She's thinking of Turkey with Southern Cornbread Stuffing, et al. Something like that!! Tongue

EXTRA NOTE: Make sure and respond to that post about a Eugene OR gig. I know the Millers love to do it and the guys are really hoping to book as many gigs as possible up in the NW this Christmas. It's a very special mini tour each year and it blesses M & T's Christmas as well. So make sure and let the Millers know your support is there.

As for me and Bellingham? I'm blessed that the vision caught on and that the money has been put forth for this gig, no strings attached. So this year, for the first time, I don't have to worry about how many attend. WHILE AT THE SAME TIME, more is being done to attract an audience than ever before. Voo Hoo!!

Gonna be a Terrific Christmas Season this year with M & T as seasoning!! Heh heh!! Wink
10-28-2004 12:23 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

Turkey for turkeys! HA HA HAHA HA HA HA TH DYJuurrhjk

11-16-2004 16:01 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
Myron Myron is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 11-03-2004

RE: Aar Xmas Tickets Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hmmm. Bellingham is less than an hours drive from here. Can you give some info on what AAR XMAS stands for, for those of us not in the loop?
What is the benefit for?

Myron
11-16-2004 16:20 Myron is offline Send an Email to Myron Search for Posts by Myron Add Myron to your Buddy List
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

In a nutshell, AAR is short for Andy's Angel's Records. Andy, Theo's son had CF, and sadly passed away not that long ago (a couple of years, but ut seems like the other day). There was a project produced by Terry Taylor called Come as a Child that featured songs by a number of well known artists. DA, Mike Roe, Derri Doughboyerty, Lost Dogs, Rikki Michelle, etc. This past summer Theo released a follow-up where his music was sung by Taylor, Roe, Elbel and others. It's pretty good as well.

There have been two concerts over the last couple of Christmas seasons where Mike and Terry pretend they're the Smothers Brothers and put on a wildly entertaining evening of songs and banter. Theo, who also sings and plays will often open the show for his musical mentors.

The Bellingham show is special to Theo for good reason.

More info can be obtained here: AAR

11-16-2004 16:31 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
Myron Myron is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 11-03-2004

quote:
Originally posted by Stuart Pedasso

Theo, who also sings and plays will often open the show for his musical mentors.

Thanks for the info. Is Theo someone connected to DA or the SEs? Isn't there a song called "Theo's Logic", is that THE Theo or a co-incidence?

Myron
11-16-2004 16:51 Myron is offline Send an Email to Myron Search for Posts by Myron Add Myron to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Myron
quote:
Originally posted by Stuart Pedasso

Theo, who also sings and plays will often open the show for his musical mentors.

Thanks for the info. Is Theo someone connected to DA or the SEs? Isn't there a song called "Theo's Logic", is that THE Theo or a co-incidence?

Myron

Must have been a coincidence cuz Terry didn't meet Theo until after that song came out.

Theo is awesome! His music is wonderful and he has a heart of gold! Pleased Wink

Smile
11-16-2004 17:39 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

hey theo! if pedasso's there, i'm not......

Tongue

11-16-2004 18:40 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

Yeah, like Joey said.

I'm sitting in the front again, and plan on wearing a stove pipe hat.

Not to mention my the Tuxedo Clad Megastar t-shirt, either that or my Joshua Tree shirt.

11-16-2004 22:58 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

I dunno Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've never heard the story encapsulated quite as eloquently as Rev. Pedasso just did there. Perhaps he's coming out as a kinder, gentler, Pedasso. Roll Eyes

Myron, sure hope you can make it. It's the fourth year of what has become a treasured tradition for Uncle Terry, Doctor Love, and myself. I know you will be glad you came.

In past years we've featured other special guests (Elbel, Bill Harmon and Derri--making the 3-legged Dog complete a full band). I was hoping that Rob and Carolee might be able to drop in, but Carolee will be ministering to the orphans in Jamaic (which my church is helping with this year) and so the timing didn't work out.

As it is, it will be the constant three that have done it these past years and grown to cherish the time together. I'm also always very honored that the other N.W. promoters included me each Christmas with the (usually) two other gigs M&T get scheduled during this time.

Gonna be a wild ride this year: Portland, Bellingham (nearly Canada) and then back down to Eugene.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Theo: 11-18-2004 02:09.

11-18-2004 02:00 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Aar Xmas Tickets

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH