Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Spittle and Phlem » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (8): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 8 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Spittle and Phlem
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
I finally got to watch at least part of S & P last night. During the video for I've got an idea, my 3 yr old son was dancing all over the living room and saying I like this music. Smile ) Then of course, 10 minutes later he ejected it and wanted to watch Blue's Clues.... Crying

did you get your DVD then?
Wink

I haven't yet!!!

(but I haven't checked my mail today )Roll Eyes
07-24-2002 19:28 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Joey T.
I finally got to watch at least part of S & P last night. During the video for I've got an idea, my 3 yr old son was dancing all over the living room and saying I like this music. Smile ) Then of course, 10 minutes later he ejected it and wanted to watch Blue's Clues.... Crying

quote:

did you get your DVD then?
Wink

Yep, he can eject dvd's. He ejected disk 1 of the Andy's Angels show the other day and put in a Blue's Clues disc. I'm still looking for that disc.... Crying

07-24-2002 19:32 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:

Yep, he can eject dvd's. He ejected disk 1 of the Andy's Angels show the other day and put in a Blue's Clues disc. I'm still looking for that disc.... Crying

let me know if you can't find it!!

that's the easy part to replace now, I'm out of the artwork and cases, but can burn another Disc if needed. Smile

BD
07-24-2002 19:40 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Thanks dood! I'll give it another week or so... Smile )

07-24-2002 19:43 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Author of the Post Author of the Post is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

quote:
Thanks dood! I'll give it another week or so... Smile )

And I thought my little little brother was the only one who used "dood" with two "o"s. We're not by any chance related, are we?

-- taotp
07-25-2002 09:14 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

This film is the greatest religious video of our time! Pleased

07-26-2002 14:29 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

still no DVD yet!

and no LITTLE,big either!!!!

what's the deal?

I ordered it the first day it was in the webstore!!

ok, I'm better now.....

I'll give it one more day

sorry, just feeling a little left out, at least I got Direct and Say Your Prayers. I don't think I would have listened to them as much if I had LITTLE,big already.

If you haven't bought the new 77s or Mike Roe CDs, I recommend them both. Smile )

BD

07-26-2002 16:26 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
anne
A Hot Wolly

so BD, what are your thoughts on say your prayers and direct?
(obviously your overall reaction is favorable... Smile how could it not be?)
07-26-2002 16:54 anne is offline Send an Email to anne Homepage of anne Search for Posts by anne Add anne to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by anne
so BD, what are your thoughts on say your prayers and direct?
(obviously your overall reaction is favorable... Smile how could it not be?)

I go back and forth on which one I like more. They both have some very good songs on them.

Say Your Prayers:

The Itch is Back - an instant classic! The best Mike Roe song in years!

What Holds On - "I need to trust somehow, I'm busted and I know it now" - very nice

Sunshine Down - The question "is Mike married?" came up a short time ago on the board. I still don't know, but this song seems to be about family and a special someone and God shining on all. - another good tune

Sit In Silence - "Come sit in the silence of the Savior and his goodness right now" - all the songs show a more spiritual side of Mike that's not always right out in front of his music. There is also a "weird" bass riff at the end of this song.

20 Years Gone - A love song? This one makes me a little misty...I like this one allot.

Lutheran Hymn - This could be played at any worship service even with the banjo! I didn't know Mike had this kind of song in him.

Say Your Prayers - "say your prayers, day and night, morning sun, candle light, midnight moon, star shine bright. say your prayers make things right" only mike can say to "crack a beer" before praying or to pray in your underwear. Another instant classic!

Hobo Messiah - I've been around "hobos" my whole life, and I've grown a little hard towards them. This song is how I'd like to think my Dad looked at these lost lives. He ran a mission for 30 years... I still don't know how he did it. Thanks Mike.

The only drawback to this album is it's kind of a sleeper. I like all the songs allot but even my wife said "this is kind of mellow"

I burned a CD with Direct and SYP on it (cuz they both fit on one CD) but even Direct is not much of a rocker.

Direct:

Born on Separate Days - I don't know what it means, but I like it. This one should be a concert favorite.

Perfect - What else can be said, perfect. I have to admit that I didn't like it at first for some reason. But I drive 45 mins to work and back so I've had time to play these songs quite a bit. I like to put a single song on random so it will play over and over. "I'm ready to be hit with your love" beautiful!

Rosebud - no comments, need to listen to it a few more times

Dig My Heals - The reason I haven't played Rosebud much. I kept skipping ahead to this song. It may be my favorite off the entire album.

Lifeline - I like this song, but it sort of drags on a little. Needs a faster tempo or something. Very nice lyrics.

Take Your Mind Off It - No way to describe this song. It's the 77s! Another one I want to see this one live. None of the songs are hard rock, but they do have some great sounds to them.

BD
07-26-2002 19:13 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Looks like you spent some time and put some real thoughts into your review. I have both but I still need to listen more to take it all in. Both are very mellow compared to prior work.

07-26-2002 20:03 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Right now I'm listening to Vigilantes Of Love - Resplendent (Audibly Live). Good stuff!

07-26-2002 20:08 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
Looks like you spent some time and put some real thoughts into your review. I have both but I still need to listen more to take it all in. Both are very mellow compared to prior work.

I just played them as I was typing.

It helped quite a bit.

BD
07-26-2002 21:19 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by BD
quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe
Maybe I have too much time on my hands if I can ask this question.

Maybe I'm a little dense or getting blind in my old age. Just who is that guy playing their manager (Morty Allen?) on S&P?

Anyone know?

WHO IS THIS GUY?

MORTY ALLEN

really, who is this guy!!!

08-09-2002 15:42 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

somebody real "frenchin'"
Big Grin

08-09-2002 16:46 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Author of the Post Author of the Post is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

quote:
Big Grin

I can't believe you used the word "frenchin'".

-- aotp
08-11-2002 13:34 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Author of the Post
quote:
Big Grin

I can't believe you used the word "frenchin'".

-- aotp

I was just quoting the DVD Big Grin

08-13-2002 13:43 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

I finally watched the part where Terry carries around the cut-out of Pat R. at C-Stone. LOL funny! I need to go to the fest someday.... Cool

08-14-2002 11:54 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Mark Mark is a male

Have a lot of you been to Cornerstone?

08-14-2002 12:15 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Yep Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ive been there 5x in the last 6 years, plus a double-dip with Lifest. Only sorry I didn't come sooner. Yeah, if you can beat the heat and occasional (what my boy calls) "Cornerstone poo mud" smell, I'd encourage everyone to come.

It's not just Terry iterations and relations, but the people and the whole atmosphere that appeals to me.

08-14-2002 12:57 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Mark Mark is a male

I've never been but would like to.

08-14-2002 12:58 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Pages (8): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 8 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Spittle and Phlem

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH