Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » How Did YOU Discover Terry Taylor? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page How Did YOU Discover Terry Taylor? 4 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Chris Estey Chris Estey is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 12-13-2004

How Did YOU Discover Terry Taylor? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I explained how I did on another thread, and will repeat it after I hear some stories for you faithful.

Come on! How'd you get turned on to the master of music?

12-16-2004 09:25 Chris Estey is offline Send an Email to Chris Estey Homepage of Chris Estey Search for Posts by Chris Estey Add Chris Estey to your Buddy List
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 06-28-2002

RE: How Did YOU Discover Terry Taylor? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Estey
I explained how I did on another thread, and will repeat it after I hear some stories for you faithful.

Chris....

How about having someone at Bandoppler review the latest Lost Dogs record I sent you guys back in June? Did it ever make it, or did the postman help himself?

jeffrey k.

12-16-2004 09:47 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Author of the Post Author of the Post is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

Let's Spin!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I had just started High School and there was a radio music show for teens that I listened to every week. On that program, they started playing "Let's Spin" and a few other tracks of that album. I fell in love with the sound.

I bought it on tape and listened to it every day. The next year, I got my first CD player and bought "Let's Spin" on CD and "Outdoor Elvis", which had just come out.

Then I read an article on the band and found out that it was some guy named Terry Scott Taylor and that he had done a lot of other music. That was back when you still find "Darn Floor, Big Bite" and "Fearful Symmetry", so I snatched those up (yes, on CD.) Every month I looked for each CD reissue, and I'm so happy that I've been able to get just about everything of Terry's (solo, Eddies, DA, and LD) on CD upon it's first issuing, then second issuing, and now with Imaginarium, I guess I'll have three copies!!

I've got well over 50 CDs with Terry's name on the credits. I guess you could say I'm a fan. Smile Uh, yeah...I am!!

-- aotp
12-16-2004 09:47 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

RE: How Did YOU Discover Terry Taylor? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k.
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Estey

Chris....

How about having someone at Bandoppler review the latest Lost Dogs record I sent you guys back in June? Did it ever make it, or did the postman help himself?

jeffrey k.

Tongue

12-16-2004 10:18 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've said before that I listened to shotgun angel in the womb and came out a fan Pleased

12-16-2004 10:19 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool I guess for me, then, it was because.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

....I listened to Frankie Valli in the womb. Good thing I got Songs of the Heart first. Big Grin

I guess that's why I was born in New Jersey too. Evil

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
12-16-2004 10:26 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

they played the single Shotgun Angel on the local underground CC station (it was literally out of a guys basement- they are big time now in the area)
my buddy bruce bought the LP- hated side two, and borrowed it to me (this was in 80)
I taped it on an old cassette..and the voyage began.
I read CCM at the time and awaited Horrendous DIsc ... sort of lost interest when it was delayed- then found it at the public library in 82..still have that cassette I taped the LP from..I edited out Love 19- Hound of Heaven and the title track..I was too conserative at the time

AINT THAT FUNNY!?!!!!!!!!!!?!!!!!!?

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
12-16-2004 11:06 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Shocked That reminds me of when I was a kid. My dad would go through the lyrics of each christian tape I bought and say you can listen to this one and this one and this one but not the rest. My sister and I would take the three treasures that we were allowed to have and add them to a tape of "acceptable" music Big Grin

12-16-2004 11:10 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Shocked Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

believe it or not i played the tape of vox humana at a Christian book store when i was 15.....

Cool
12-16-2004 11:18 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Joey-
and why should I not beleive that?

Oh I get it..

you werent never really 15..right?

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
12-16-2004 11:29 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by joey
believe it or not i played the tape of vox humana at a Christian book store when i was 15.....

Did they kick you out when you did that? Shocked

Tongue

12-16-2004 11:41 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by carl
quote:
Originally posted by joey

Did they kick you out when you did that? Shocked

Tongue

nah.... they had the demo tapes on headphones..... Pleased

Cool
12-16-2004 11:45 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Shocked Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You mean the legendary Vox Robotica sessions???? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Wink

Tongue

12-16-2004 11:47 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

yup... Big Grin

Cool
12-16-2004 11:48 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Grand Encephalon

I have a copy of those Red Face

12-16-2004 11:48 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

My dear brother, JimIny Cricket, introduced me to TST about 3 years ago.................and the rest, as they say, is history Smile

I don't own a lot of music - but have bought a couple of CD's, and have "loaned" a few from Jim....................................there's still TST music I haven't heard! So much music, so little time!

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

12-16-2004 13:01 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

I spotted this odd cassette on the shelf of a Christian bookstore in the southernmost city in New Zealand. It had this naked guy doing situps. Put it in the player in the store and was intregued. Bought it listened to the full thing and was amazed.

The next week I got DFBB and two months later Vox humana. This was in 1990 in the first few months after I was saved.

12-16-2004 13:12 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

my brother listened to DA therefore I have been brainwashed......LOL......my first DA CD ever was Fearful Symmetry......of course I bought all the earlier stuff too Big Grin

12-16-2004 14:41 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Berger Roy Al
Swirling Eddies

Registration Date: 02-14-2003

--GKK!! (cough) Where am I?

Ok, I've told this before but since you keep asking, I'll keep telling. Years ago, I thought I was playing in Terry's band but made a mistake and (in actuality) ended up accidently playing for Brian Duncan for 26 years.

One night I went to see Terry's band play and when I realized that I wasn't onstage playing in his band, that's when I realized my mistake gk!

12-16-2004 14:54 Berger Roy Al is offline Send an Email to Berger Roy Al Homepage of Berger Roy Al Search for Posts by Berger Roy Al Add Berger Roy Al to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Berger Roy Al: I_am_not_insane! YIM Account Name of Berger Roy Al: I_AM_not_insane! View the MSN Profile for Berger Roy Al
Grand Encephalon

LOL That is the funniest thing you've said yet Big Grin

12-16-2004 15:03 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » How Did YOU Discover Terry Taylor?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH