Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » How Did YOU Discover Terry Taylor? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page How Did YOU Discover Terry Taylor? 4 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Berger Roy Al
Swirling Eddies

Registration Date: 02-14-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
I found him digging through my trash!

dude! that was berger!

GGGXXKK!! Actually, I'm pretty sure that was Byron Duncan you saw, right after Sweet Southern Comfort broke up. gkk!

12-20-2004 07:50 Berger Roy Al is offline Send an Email to Berger Roy Al Homepage of Berger Roy Al Search for Posts by Berger Roy Al Add Berger Roy Al to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Berger Roy Al: I_am_not_insane! YIM Account Name of Berger Roy Al: I_AM_not_insane! View the MSN Profile for Berger Roy Al
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I discovered TST through Derri Daugherty. MF (my dear husband) bought "Acoustic Worship 2: We Bow Down" that Derri co-produced and popped it in the CD player and went to take a shower. [MF had been a LD fan since 92, and I told him then that I thought they looked like a bunch of hoodlums (I was very very very conservative back then).] I wondered why MF had put on the CD and went to take a shower, so I picked up the liner notes and was reading some of the lyrics and thought they were pretty good. When I saw Derri co-produced it, the wheels started turning and I went in the bathroom and called MF a "dirty dog". He knew immediately. He was planning to go see the Dogs in a few weeks with some guys from church and slowly all 3 of them decided not to go. I didn't want him to go by himself (and decided maybe Derri isn't too bad after all) so I went. We talked to Terry after the show and I was able to see his heart's desire was to minister to people through music, and I thought he wasn't such a bad guy after all. Also, during the concert Derri's voice was so smooth it was like butter (I had never heard such a smooth voice live) that I started snatching up everything I could with Derri's name on it. Then I started to notice that Terry wrote a lot of the LD lyrics, so I started checking out some of his music. MF got WEWH and I was amazed at what a lyrical genius Terry is. We got several TST albums (solo, DA, SE and LD) over the next year. Then MF started telling me about some of the .crazy antics on the DAmb and I came here myself (it really is a sanity break from my children). The rest, as jiminy says, is DAmb history!

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
12-20-2004 11:12 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Aqua Green Toupee Aqua Green Toupee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-19-2004

Hey, LD IS a bunch of hoodlums!
12-20-2004 14:24 Aqua Green Toupee is offline Send an Email to Aqua Green Toupee Search for Posts by Aqua Green Toupee Add Aqua Green Toupee to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Tongue

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
12-20-2004 14:27 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Berger Roy Al
quote:

dude! that was berger!

GGGXXKK!! Actually, I'm pretty sure that was Byron Duncan you saw, right after Sweet Southern Comfort broke up. gkk!

He has been known to be "bang'n on some trash can lids.."

We found DA's music around 1980-81, on cassette and LP..
actually had Alarma and Horrendous Disc before picking up
the first two 'country' ablums....yes, ablums. That was
a shock.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
12-20-2004 14:28 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Berger is really Mo Tucker???? Confused Confused Confused

I mean, aren't these things a mother should KNOW??????? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by carl: 12-20-2004 14:42.

12-20-2004 14:32 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Berger Roy Al
Swirling Eddies

HAHAHAHAGGGggcxkk! Mo Tucker! HaHaHahaggk. Mo Tucker. ... ... Who's Mo Tucker??

12-20-2004 15:11 Berger Roy Al is offline Send an Email to Berger Roy Al Homepage of Berger Roy Al Search for Posts by Berger Roy Al Add Berger Roy Al to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Berger Roy Al: I_am_not_insane! YIM Account Name of Berger Roy Al: I_AM_not_insane! View the MSN Profile for Berger Roy Al
Berger Roy Al
Swirling Eddies

Wait. I'm Mo Tucker the drummer? THAT Mo Tucker? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAgGGGGgccxxkkk! I'm Mo Tucker! ... ... Why am I Mo Tucker?

12-20-2004 15:13 Berger Roy Al is offline Send an Email to Berger Roy Al Homepage of Berger Roy Al Search for Posts by Berger Roy Al Add Berger Roy Al to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Berger Roy Al: I_am_not_insane! YIM Account Name of Berger Roy Al: I_AM_not_insane! View the MSN Profile for Berger Roy Al
Berger Roy Al
Swirling Eddies

Well, Mommy?

12-20-2004 15:14 Berger Roy Al is offline Send an Email to Berger Roy Al Homepage of Berger Roy Al Search for Posts by Berger Roy Al Add Berger Roy Al to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Berger Roy Al: I_am_not_insane! YIM Account Name of Berger Roy Al: I_AM_not_insane! View the MSN Profile for Berger Roy Al
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
quote:

dude! that was berger!

Sorry I always get you two mixed up! Pleased

12-20-2004 16:32 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Maybe it's the painkillers, but I think....
It all makes sense...Berger is Mo Trucker, French cheese eating
catwoman and drummer for Byron Duncan.

Hey berger did you play on that "My name is Byron D, and I'm
a screamin machine...I like tearin up up, I like it loud if it's clean.."
song? Can't rememember the name off hand....

But it rocks!!!! man it Rocks!!!

The Place To Be

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
12-20-2004 17:23 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Ld Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I picked up Green Room Serenade Part 1 at a local Christian bookstore because it was on sale, the cover was cool, and Derri's name was on it (I had heard him through COAH). Loved it immediately. Later, I saw Mr. Buechner's Dream, which had just been released. Passed over it for Summershine by VOL, because I was afraid MBD was country. Later still, heard "Ordinary-Extraordinary Day" on the radio, and then ran out and bought MBD. Been a TST fan ever since (and have picked up quite a bit, mostly on cassete, from TST, DA, SE, and LD). Smile )

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Eis: 12-20-2004 21:46.

12-20-2004 21:46 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

You heard DA on the radio?Shocked

What station??? Confused

12-20-2004 21:50 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sometimes I worry about my "all things Terry" obsession. It seems unhealthy. Confused

12-20-2004 21:54 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

...that and Tetris truth be told! Shocked

12-20-2004 22:17 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

At least you avoided that Mini-Putt addiction! Big Grin

12-20-2004 22:38 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

I'm kind of curious about the radio station that plays MBD, too!

12-20-2004 22:39 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Yes I did! Pleased

It was touch and go there for awhile there, however! Pleased

12-20-2004 22:39 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
HAHAHAHAGGGggcxkk! Mo Tucker! HaHaHahaggk. Mo Tucker. ... ... Who's Mo Tucker??

Check my signature, cast yr mind mind about 35 years, and stop sniffing the Windex (not necessarily in that order). It'll come to you. Tongue

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
12-21-2004 07:22 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Berger Roy Al
Swirling Eddies

Then I was right, Mommy?

12-21-2004 09:03 Berger Roy Al is offline Send an Email to Berger Roy Al Homepage of Berger Roy Al Search for Posts by Berger Roy Al Add Berger Roy Al to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Berger Roy Al: I_am_not_insane! YIM Account Name of Berger Roy Al: I_AM_not_insane! View the MSN Profile for Berger Roy Al
Pages (5): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » How Did YOU Discover Terry Taylor?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH