Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Zoom daddy » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Zoom daddy
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Author of the Post Author of the Post is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by servantsteve
quote:
Originally posted by Author of the Post
So how is your CD collection coming along?
-- taotp
So far, so good, although I'm buying CDs too fast to enjoy them. On the TST side, I've got the following now- Lost Dogs (Green room serenade and Little Red Riding Hood/Pray where you are), Daniel Amos- Mr Buechner's Dream, Terry Scott Taylor- Glimpses of grace and John Wayne, Swirling eddies- Sacred Cows and Zoom Daddy.
This round of CD buying has also led me to get some Adam Again and the Gene Eugene Tribute. I remembered how much I used to love Steve Taylor and bought some of his stuff too.
I'm trying to get some Mike Knott but the interest in Christian punk was rekindled getting me to buy Watashi Wa, War Rocket Ajax and Poor Old Lu.
I like to saturate myself in new music and I've bought to much stuff to properly saturate myself. I'm trying to cool it for awhile, but ebay is kind of becoming an obsession, too.
I have a pretty large collection but I have a hard time figuring out what to buy because I have weird tastes and I can't get a decent CCM station in this area. So I experiment by buying, which is expensive! (CCM is maybe a bad term- I mean Christian music that I enjoy in contemporary sytles like rock, punk, metal, techno and alternative...)

You've still got a long way to go to collect all the needed CDs for a true DA collection. Where are your Daniel Amos CDs? As for Lost Dogs, get Scenic Routes--that's my fave. And with the Eddies, go for Let's Spin. It's a classic.

-- taotp
07-29-2002 16:06 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by servantsteve
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
You've still got a long way to go to collect all the needed CDs for a true DA collection. Where are your Daniel Amos CDs? As for Lost Dogs, get Scenic Routes--that's my fave. And with the Eddies, go for Let's Spin. It's a classic.
-- taotp
Scenic Routes is very available and I guess I'll snag that puppy soon. I'd also like to get Real men cry. To be hnest, I want everything they've ever done. I'm really impressed by the Lost dogs.
Let's Spin should b re-released soon- I'm waiting for that to happen. I think Outdoor Elvis is in the same category.
As far as DA- I'm waiting for inspiration. There's so much to get and so much is out of print. The bidding on DA on eBay is fierce and there are no DA CDs in half@ebay. I started to buy Alarma! Chronicles used for $55 but felt that was a little pricy for me right now... I saw it new at Millenium 8 for $50 but I think it's sold out because it only comes up with a search by author. $50 is still a little rich for my blood after my reckless spending this month.
I certainly have not mined this vein of outstanding music, but it hasn't yet been a month. If Christ doesn't return soon, I'll probably get an opportunity to expand more later.

07-29-2002 16:36 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Author of the Post Author of the Post is a male
A Hot Wolly

Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

quote:
Scenic Routes is very available and I guess I'll snag that puppy soon. I'd also like to get Real men cry. To be hnest, I want everything they've ever done. I'm really impressed by the Lost dogs.
Let's Spin should b re-released soon- I'm waiting for that to happen. I think Outdoor Elvis is in the same category.
As far as DA- I'm waiting for inspiration. There's so much to get and so much is out of print. The bidding on DA on eBay is fierce and there are no DA CDs in half@ebay. I started to buy Alarma! Chronicles used for $55 but felt that was a little pricy for me right now... I saw it new at Millenium 8 for $50 but I think it's sold out because it only comes up with a search by author. $50 is still a little rich for my blood after my reckless spending this month.
I certainly have not mined this vein of outstanding music, but it hasn't yet been a month. If Christ doesn't return soon, I'll probably get an opportunity to expand more later.

The origincal price for Alarma Chronicles was $40, so $50 or $55 is not that bad a price. It's well worth it and you get 4 albums (on 3 CDs) for your money's worth. Well worth it, you won't regret it!

I can't wait till a release of Let's Spin. I want bonus tracks. How about live tracks? How about a whole live album of the Eddies!!!

-- aotp
07-29-2002 16:42 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Get 'em all!

07-29-2002 16:55 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
The origincal price for Alarma Chronicles was $40, so $50 or $55 is not that bad a price. It's well worth it and you get 4 albums (on 3 CDs) for your money's worth. Well worth it, you won't regret it!
I can't wait till a release of Let's Spin. I want bonus tracks. How about live tracks? How about a whole live album of the Eddies!!!
-- aotp
That's great logic for a fan but not for a neophyte. I can't really afford to lay out that kind of money on a group I don't know that well. I've liked what I've heard so far but that's kind of steep for me.
I don't know if it occurs to y'all, but you're fans of not one but at least 4 artists/groups- Swirling Eddies, Terry Taylor, Lost Dogs and Daniel Amos. If you add in the groups the guys in Lost Dogs are in, then the 77s, Adam Again, the Choir and Mike Roe's solo work must aslo be considered. Working outward from there, there's alot of support for Mike Knott and Steve Taylor on this board, rounding out the number to 10 groups, some of which have been around since the 70s and have produced many albums. $50 bucks per group comes out to $500! (I already have a bunch of Steve Taylor and the Choir set, so I'm not worried about them, but the others are alot to think about.)
I'm not in a race, so I'm really not trying to catch up. I've still got a few of my own faves (Russ Taff, Steve Camp, Rez, Larry Howard, Larry Norman, dc Talk, Audio Adrenaline, 2nd Chapter of Acts, Phil Keaggy, Undercover...) I also collect and love. I imagine over time, I'll collect alot of DA, although I may never attain the fan status of some of you. I must say that you have excellent taste, though. Smile

07-29-2002 18:42 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
quote:
-- aotp
That's great logic for a fan but not for a neophyte. I can't really afford to lay out that kind of money on a group I don't know that well. I've liked what I've heard so far but that's kind of steep for me.
I don't know if it occurs to y'all, but you're fans of not one but at least 4 artists/groups- Swirling Eddies, Terry Taylor, Lost Dogs and Daniel Amos. If you add in the groups the guys in Lost Dogs are in, then the 77s, Adam Again, the Choir and Mike Roe's solo work must aslo be considered. Working outward from there, there's alot of support for Mike Knott and Steve Taylor on this board, rounding out the number to 10 groups, some of which have been around since the 70s and have produced many albums. $50 bucks per group comes out to $500! (I already have a bunch of Steve Taylor and the Choir set, so I'm not worried about them, but the others are alot to think about.)
I'm not in a race, so I'm really not trying to catch up. I've still got a few of my own faves (Russ Taff, Steve Camp, Rez, Larry Howard, Larry Norman, dc Talk, Audio Adrenaline, 2nd Chapter of Acts, Phil Keaggy, Undercover...) I also collect and love. I imagine over time, I'll collect alot of DA, although I may never attain the fan status of some of you. I must say that you have excellent taste, though. Smile

Be that as it may, the Alarma Chronicles bookset is well worth the money. A great, great set of albums, some of the finest music ever made. Get it. You won't regret it.
07-29-2002 18:49 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by Gamgee
Be that as it may, the Alarma Chronicles bookset is well worth the money. A great, great set of albums, some of the finest music ever made. Get it. You won't regret it.
*sigh* I guess all that whining was for naught *sigh*

07-29-2002 18:58 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Gamgee
*sigh* I guess all that whining was for naught *sigh*

Stop whining about your whining!
07-29-2002 19:03 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

quote:

I don't know if it occurs to y'all, but you're fans of not one but at least 4 artists/groups- Swirling Eddies, Terry Taylor, Lost Dogs and Daniel Amos. If you add in the groups the guys in Lost Dogs are in, then the 77s, Adam Again, the Choir and Mike Roe's solo work must aslo be considered. Working outward from there, there's alot of support for Mike Knott and Steve Taylor on this board, rounding out the number to 10 groups, some of which have been around since the 70s and have produced many albums. $50 bucks per group comes out to $500!

yep, glows with warmth to be us!

this year has been hard on allot of us with all the new stuff coming out. I say get the new stuff while it's fresh and get the older stuff if you can.

BD
07-29-2002 19:11 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by BD
this year has been hard on allot of us with all the new stuff coming out. I say get the new stuff while it's fresh and get the older stuff if you can.
BD
Sounds like a good policy
quote:
First, lately you seem to throw out albums every year without practicing adequate quality control in regards to what gets put on your CDs. Fans want to hear the good music that you write, not everything that pops into your mind.

07-29-2002 20:18 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Zoom daddy

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH