Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Motorcyle. » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Motorcyle.
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Author of the Post Author of the Post is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by ™

LK baby, please explain to me what I'm not getting about Songs for (of?) the Heart because I'm definitely NOT getting it!

Motorcycle rules!!!

Songs of the Heart is the story fo Bud and Irma Akendorf following their first meeting "Can't Take My Eyes off of You" till Bud's passing "My Hand to God."

One of the great things about this album is the instrumentation. They use acordion!! And it actually works, it blends in beautifully into the music.

The cover of "Can't Take my Eyes..." alone make buying the CD worth it. But the real gems are the two last tracks "When Everyone Wore Hats" and "My Hand to God." This album showed that Daniel Amos really knew how to used their instruments (and this was perfected on MBD.)

Bibleland was one of my least favorite Daniel Amos albums (with the exception of few choice songs) and SOTH was an excellent comeback.

-- taotp
07-24-2002 08:56 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Motorcycle is definitely one of my favorite DA CD's.

07-24-2002 17:25 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
Originally posted by ™

LK baby, please explain to me what I'm not getting about Songs for (of?) the Heart because I'm definitely NOT getting it!

Motorcycle rules!!!

Motorcycle good, Songs of the Heart better!

Big Grin

(MBD even better, but of course DFBB best!)

07-24-2002 17:30 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by Dr Rich

quote:

Originally posted by Author of the Post
Bibleland was one of my least favorite Daniel Amos albums (with the exception of few choice songs) and SOTH was an excellent comeback.

Bibleland is pretty great if ya ask me Wink

07-24-2002 17:49 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by Dr Rich

quote:
Originally posted by arcticsunburn
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
Have I ever spoke I word that may have hinted this album is sub-par?
I have?

That all I can say is I was wrong and I suck Crying

I played that one in the car twice today and each time I was blown away by how good it is. Maybe it's too good! ( Confused )

What can I say?

I was wrong.

It is a work of genius. Big Grin

It is pretty darn good.

You mean you used to think it wasn't?

I like "Grace is the smell of rain", "Banquet at the world's end", "Hole in the world", "Motorcycle", and "Wise Acres." Dang, you're right, the whole album is good. Pleased

I used to think Motorcycle was over-produced and maybe a bit on the bland side.

However I just was not giving it the proper chance. It is great all the way through. Maybe too great Wink

07-24-2002 17:52 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
Maybe too great Wink

heh Big Grin

maybe for it's own good!

BD
07-24-2002 18:57 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

Motorcycle Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That's the only problem with Motorcycle... It's so good all the way through you barely notice... Shocked

07-25-2002 02:07 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
A Hot Wolly

Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

quote:
Originally posted by arcticsunburn
That's the only problem with Motorcycle... It's so good all the way through you barely notice... Shocked

Yes, Motorcycle seems to be one of those seamless albums, like Briefing for the Ascent. It all flows, one song into the other. I don't know half the names of songs and sometimes can't tell exactly whena new song starts.

-- taotp
07-25-2002 09:17 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
Dr. Sticky Dr. Sticky is a male
Mind Peach

[/QUOTE]

Bibleland is pretty great if ya ask me Wink
[/QUOTE]

it's funny. the first disc i got by DA was Motorcycle and loved it. Then i picked up Zoom Daddy (not knowing it was DA related--it just had a cool cover and the song titles were crazy) took it home and loved it. Put the two together, discovered that Terry Taylor was heavily involved in both groups and decided that he must be cool. Went out and bought Bibleland and hated it. It's grown on my over the years, but it's still my least favorite album. I think there are some great songs on there, but as a whole the album fails to have a unifying thread for me. I do, however, think it is Ed's best drumming along with MBD.
07-25-2002 09:32 Dr. Sticky is offline Send an Email to Dr. Sticky Homepage of Dr. Sticky Search for Posts by Dr. Sticky Add Dr. Sticky to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Sticky
Went out and bought Bibleland and hated it.

are you from dallas?

Wink Tongue
07-25-2002 11:16 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by BD
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dr. Sticky
Went out and bought Bibleland and hated it.

quote:

are you from dallas?

Wink Tongue

I'm getting my money back tomorrow! Mad

Big Grin

07-25-2002 11:25 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
A Hot Wolly

I'd never want my money back on anything DA. I have to have it all.

-- taotp
07-25-2002 11:40 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

and... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

...I'm sick of having to make an effort to like any of your music...
Big Grin

07-25-2002 11:41 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by Author of the Post
I'd never want my money back on anything DA. I have to have it all.

-- taotp

Dude, go to DA's page at mp3.com and play the "Wacky Fan Letter" and you will get the joke. Pleased

(and I've never even been to Dallas.....)

07-25-2002 11:43 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

sorry to say that your music has become mediocre and I'm spewing it back to the store!
07-25-2002 11:47 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
A Hot Wolly

ah, now I get it. I've been meaning to download that track and burn it CD.

-- taotp
07-25-2002 11:53 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Will you be playing in Dallas anytime soon??? Confused

Evil

07-25-2002 12:04 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

as a long time daniel amos fan....this is a very sad dayFrown
07-25-2002 12:06 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
A Hot Wolly

I think I'm getting lost.

-- taotp
07-25-2002 12:12 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

motorcycle Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i like motorcycle(but it is not my favorite). it sounds like the beatles....keep in mind the beatles sold lots of albums.

07-25-2002 12:33 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Motorcyle.

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH