Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Larry - Lucy I'm In Love » Got a Note from Marty .... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Got a Note from Marty ....
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Got a Note from Marty .... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

They are finnished with the CD they have been working
on and are looking to get it mastered soon. They are looking
to see who is still interested....

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
01-17-2005 18:01 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool Cool

01-17-2005 18:20 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

has he seen this section of the board lately? Shocked

Cool
01-17-2005 18:24 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Grand Encephalon

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

If you see this marty don't mind me. Tongue

01-17-2005 18:40 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

groovy! Pleased

Are you gonna sell it in the webstore? Confused

01-17-2005 19:45 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

it's about damb time!!!!

Wink Tongue
01-21-2005 19:40 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

those demos... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

they are both great songs... remind me of Mathew Sweet more than a little bit! Pleased

Good stuff! Smile )

I burned them on to cd-r and they are great fun to hear in the car! Smile )

Can't wait for the whole CD! Cool

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 01-21-2005 19:53.

01-21-2005 19:52 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

good news!

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
01-31-2005 10:42 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

RE: Got a Note from Marty .... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
They are finnished with the CD they have been working
on and are looking to get it mastered soon. They are looking
to see who is still interested....

You got a note from Marty? He'll need more than that to finish a CD, won't he?

(Unless he sings like me. I'm going to sing this one note until I get it right!)

02-09-2005 22:58 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

what happens next?

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
02-23-2005 16:04 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

The next note?

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
02-23-2005 16:08 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

I'd buy a copy.

04-16-2005 13:38 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

marty sent us the cover pic...and said we should have some
CDs for the store soon. 2/3rds of us are out of town this
weekend though.

04-16-2005 22:40 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

woo-hoo! Pleased

04-17-2005 02:03 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

I'd buy his if he even LISTENED to mine (jk)
Yes - I would

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
04-17-2005 07:59 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

Poor bastard should put a song on sediment ...

05-14-2005 22:56 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Big Grin Tongue

05-15-2005 02:05 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Marty's CDs are here, we are working on an official announcement,
but they are here.

05-16-2005 09:59 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Marty D
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 05-15-2002

What's up?? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey y'all. Where's the 10 people who said they'd buy one of my CD's? Here I made 10 CD's and only Mark bought one! What's up with that? I'm not sure what to do with the remaining 9. Any suggestions? My wife said we could use them as table coasters, my daughter said we could go to the beach and throw them at the seagull's, or at each other, but I think there's a bunch of cool songs on there for your critic and discussion.

I'm curious to hear what you think....It either sucks', or it's worth listening to. Rip away!
06-07-2005 01:46 Marty D is offline Send an Email to Marty D Search for Posts by Marty D Add Marty D to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I have gotten a chance to listen to it a couple of times, but not enough to do a real in depth review at this point.

It's more straight ahead rock than DA, or perhaps more Americana. You know DA always sounds a little "different".

Personally, I like DA better, but that's because I always thought ya'll sound better as a band, plus I love Terry's lyrics. That said I really like the lyrics to "Maybe Someday" that you wrote Marty. The lyrics of that song is like a Psalm from David crying out "Why Oh Lord" type of thing. Very cool. I would not classify all the lyrics as being spiritual. They are more about real life things.

I'm not really sure what to compare this to. Perhaps this weekend I'll have a better chance to give more feedback.

Oh yes, Marty, I am really impressed that a 5 year old did the artwork. I don't think my 6 year old could draw that well.

06-07-2005 21:46 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Larry - Lucy I'm In Love » Got a Note from Marty ....

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH