Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » I'm just a little proud of myself » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page I'm just a little proud of myself
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Dr. Sticky Dr. Sticky is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

I'm just a little proud of myself Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm at the radio station doing my show and i just played two songs together that i'm really proud of. Since i didn't get Making God Smile like I was supposed to (Fed-Ex lost the package and then found it three days later on Friday), I played "Wouldn't It Be Nice" from Pet Sounds and then followed that up with "Lovely Lilly Lou" from "Little, Big". It was perfect. I do believe God smiled on that one.

I really didn't care much for Little, Big when I first listened to it (except that the arrangement on the title track is brilliant), but it's really starting to grow on me...in the 24 hours that i've had it.

07-28-2002 09:50 Dr. Sticky is offline Send an Email to Dr. Sticky Homepage of Dr. Sticky Search for Posts by Dr. Sticky Add Dr. Sticky to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yes, its different. But I think I like it just because
I know who some of the songs are about.. actual people Terry knows.. actual real life experiences of his.

A song about Rob Watson and his wife, I can almost picture
Terry going up to see them and probably working on songs
or joking around and talking.

Then the songs about his family, I can relate. Very simple songs, and sort of glimpses into Terry's everyday life.
That makes me appreciate them even more, since it makes me
think about my own everyday circumstances.

jason t

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-28-2002 21:15 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Dr. Sticky Dr. Sticky is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by Dr. Sticky
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori

That makes me appreciate them even more, since it makes me
think about my own everyday circumstances.

yes, i totally agree with that. i listened to the last song while i was out driving and it made me want to go home and kiss my wife.

I deal with depression alot and Terry has an incredible talent for writing depressing songs that sort of make me sad, but it's not a hopeless-sad. It's more of a make-me-appreciate-my-life sad. (does that make sense) The song that comes to mind is "My Hand to God", which i still can't listen to. It still makes me cry. "Papa Danced" is another one.

Terry is an incredible songwriter and plays with an incredible group of musicians who are talented enough to bring life to his music. Even if i don't completely enjoy something he does, i appreciate the honesty in the music. I will never spew back his music to the bookstore.
07-29-2002 06:58 Dr. Sticky is offline Send an Email to Dr. Sticky Homepage of Dr. Sticky Search for Posts by Dr. Sticky Add Dr. Sticky to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » I'm just a little proud of myself

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH