Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Will I get to see DA live in New York/New Jersey? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Will I get to see DA live in New York/New Jersey?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Lysander
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 04-17-2005

Will I get to see DA live in New York/New Jersey? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

anytime soon? I lived in California for 5 years, and I never heard of them touring - now that I'm back on the East Coast, they are touring Oregon? It must be a conspiracy against me!

How often do they tour? Do they strictly play churches/Christian venues? What is a typical turnout for one of their shows? Aren't the considered pretty much the most famous Christian band, in terms of longevity and popularity (at least, popularity with the musicians and hardcore fan crowd)?

I have heard basically no DA since Darn Floor, Big Bite - am I likely to hear anything from that era? Like the famous Freebird guy, I will probably be the guy standing in the back yelling "Mall! Mall!" Smile
04-21-2005 17:31 Lysander is offline Send an Email to Lysander Search for Posts by Lysander Add Lysander to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Shocked Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Oregon????
When????

i'll leave tomorrow.
04-21-2005 17:39 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

and i will meet you there! time and place.... time and place..... Big Grin

Cool
04-21-2005 17:41 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Lysander
Mind Peach

Thread Starter Thread Started by Lysander
oh, Oregon was last Christmas Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

my bad - I saw the calendar of shows, but the Oregon shows were last Christmas. So are they going to tour at all?
04-21-2005 18:10 Lysander is offline Send an Email to Lysander Search for Posts by Lysander Add Lysander to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's very hard for the guys to do a real tour anymore... largely because they live in different places, have families and regular jobs. They took part in "The Legends Tour" a few years ago along with the 77s, Randy Stonehill and Sweet Comfort Band. It was really only a tour of the major Christian music festivals around the country... Cstone, OneFest, the two Creations, etc.

They'd love to do a show here and there... fly in dates... but it's just so hard to work it out with their schedules *and* get a promoter that will set it up. The best bet is generally Cornerstone Festival in Illinois.

Terry does tour some on his own or with the Lost Dogs. You probably have a good chance to catch the Dogs in your area eventually. The Dogs will be heading out on tour very soon in fact.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-21-2005 18:44 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

See, this is why I keep pushing the idea of a tour with my band. We're not married, we don't have kids (I think), and I guess there's a few who think they're job is a good gig, but I'd rather try to semi-make a living at music.

04-21-2005 23:25 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
Originally posted by arcticsunburn
we don't have kids (I think), ...

LOL Big Grin

04-22-2005 10:00 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Lysander
Mind Peach

Thread Starter Thread Started by Lysander
How many bands in Terry Taylor in??? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
It's very hard for the guys to do a real tour anymore... largely because they live in different places, have families and regular jobs. They took part in "The Legends Tour" a few years ago along with the 77s, Randy Stonehill and Sweet Comfort Band. It was really only a tour of the major Christian music festivals around the country... Cstone, OneFest, the two Creations, etc.

They'd love to do a show here and there... fly in dates... but it's just so hard to work it out with their schedules *and* get a promoter that will set it up. The best bet is generally Cornerstone Festival in Illinois.

Terry does tour some on his own or with the Lost Dogs. You probably have a good chance to catch the Dogs in your area eventually. The Dogs will be heading out on tour very soon in fact.

I assume Terry is a full time musician? How many bands is he in exactly? He must be the hardest working man in show business! Smile
04-22-2005 10:38 Lysander is offline Send an Email to Lysander Search for Posts by Lysander Add Lysander to your Buddy List
Jerry Davison Jerry Davison is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-30-2005

quote:
Originally posted by arcticsunburn
See, this is why I keep pushing the idea of a tour with my band. We're not married, we don't have kids (I think), and I guess there's a few who think they're job is a good gig, but I'd rather try to semi-make a living at music.

Man, if you're gonna do it, do it now. I can tell you from experience touring when you have a family at home is miserable. Not that there aren't great times but it just rips your guts out everytime you have to leave. It creates a lot of stress in the marriage. You don't want that. trust me.
04-22-2005 13:46 Jerry Davison is offline Send an Email to Jerry Davison Search for Posts by Jerry Davison Add Jerry Davison to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Jerry Davison: Davie Bluff
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

RE: How many bands in Terry Taylor in??? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Lysander

I assume Terry is a full time musician? How many bands is he in exactly? He must be the hardest working man in show business! Smile

Yeah, Terry pretty much does this stuff full time. He's doing a Nickelodeon cartoon soundtrack at the moment which sounds a little like having three full-time jobs. Let's all hope he makes a million off of it.

Other than that - he mainly does the Lost Dogs thing. He of course has the Swirling Eddies locked up in his bathroom I think.. they don't get out much these days though. Hopefully, he'll let them out to finish their new record soon. He also did a solo tour with Phil Madeira (the Phil Keaggy band, etc) a few years ago..

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-22-2005 14:07 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool In answer to the original question.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Doubt it. But I did see both Mike & Mark and the Dogs last year. Pleased

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
04-25-2005 11:08 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
mike mike is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-15-2004

RE: How many bands in Terry Taylor in??? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori

Yeah, Terry pretty much does this stuff full time. He's doing a Nickelodeon cartoon soundtrack at the moment which sounds a little like having three full-time jobs. Let's all hope he makes a million off of it.

Other than that - he mainly does the Lost Dogs thing. He of course has the Swirling Eddies locked up in his bathroom I think.. they don't get out much these days though. Hopefully, he'll let them out to finish their new record soon. He also did a solo tour with Phil Madeira (the Phil Keaggy band, etc) a few years ago..

I also heard he was working at the organ bar. Big Grin

m

04-25-2005 11:31 mike is offline Send an Email to mike Homepage of mike Search for Posts by mike Add mike to your Buddy List
eddie p eddie p is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 09-30-2004

That was funny

04-25-2005 21:43 eddie p is offline Send an Email to eddie p Search for Posts by eddie p Add eddie p to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Will I get to see DA live in New York/New Jersey?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH