Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » "Darn Floor Big Bite" quoted in SI » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page "Darn Floor Big Bite" quoted in SI
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

"Darn Floor Big Bite" quoted in SI Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Page 18 of this week's Sports Illustrated (the one with Shaq & the Suns player on the cover) is interesting. In the Scorecard section, a journalist is meeting with the dude who created these designer steroids. Their password was a responsive.....one said darn floor & the other said big bite.

Is that phrase a DA original? I always thought it was. If it is, than either the journalist or the steroid creator is a huge fan.

04-23-2005 10:06 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Aqua Green Toupee Aqua Green Toupee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-19-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Some monkey said it.
04-23-2005 10:12 Aqua Green Toupee is offline Send an Email to Aqua Green Toupee Search for Posts by Aqua Green Toupee Add Aqua Green Toupee to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yup.

04-23-2005 20:13 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ren Periwinkle Ren Periwinkle is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 03-11-2005

Non-sense!
I gave that idea to Terry years ago, in the 70's.
He was over for a visit to my cabin in Lafayette, La. and he went plumb through a bad spot on my termite-infested old floor,which I have since repaired.
Anyway as I was pulling him up out of the floor I remarked to him,"Darn floor. Big bite huh? "
I told him that would be a great title for a song.
I thought he was gonna write a hillbilly tune out of it but their sound soon changed to that hard rock wierdness.
Years later I heard he had made a song called Darn Floor Big Bite. I went out and bought the album only to be shocked and outraged.
I was definitely expecting something along the lines of , "There's a leak in this old building" or something, not that wacko new wave shirt.
Then they made up that ridiculous story about the ape. All smoke and mirrors son all smoke and mirrors.
That's alright now you all know the truth.

04-23-2005 20:47 Ren Periwinkle is offline Send an Email to Ren Periwinkle Search for Posts by Ren Periwinkle Add Ren Periwinkle to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

hillbillies tend to be liars! Tongue

04-24-2005 11:55 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ren Periwinkle Ren Periwinkle is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 03-11-2005

That's real nice.
What makes you think I'm a hillbilly anyway?
Now just because I happen to like hillbilly you assume I must be a hillbilly.
Not so.
Neither do I assume you're a homasexual just cuz you got pictures of homasexshals on your posts there. Tongue

04-24-2005 21:50 Ren Periwinkle is offline Send an Email to Ren Periwinkle Search for Posts by Ren Periwinkle Add Ren Periwinkle to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Roll Eyes Tongue

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dr Rich: 04-25-2005 06:15.

04-25-2005 06:15 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Ren Periwinkle
That's real nice.
Not so.
Neither do I assume you're a homasexual just cuz you got pictures of homasexshals on your posts there. Tongue

I'm not a "homasexshal" because I don't sleep with men.
Why are you not a hillbilly?

04-25-2005 06:17 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:
That's real nice.
Not so.

because he doesn't sleep with sheep or relatives?
04-25-2005 12:51 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Eleanor
quote:
quote:
That's real nice.
Not so.

That's a good answer! Pleased

04-25-2005 16:23 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by my momma Elle
quote:
quote:
That's real nice.
Not so.

That's a good answer! Pleased

Big Grin
04-25-2005 16:33 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

cuz his family tree actually has more than one branch?

cuz he doesn't refer to that guy as "Uncle Dad?"

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
04-25-2005 17:00 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

I looked it up today at the library, and low and behold, there it was!!! Cool, thanks for the tip.

04-25-2005 22:46 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Pfiagra
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-137.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2002

quote:
That's real nice.
Not so.

You wouldn't happen to be a regular guest on the Phil Hendrie show, would you?

04-26-2005 17:53 Pfiagra is offline Send an Email to Pfiagra Search for Posts by Pfiagra Add Pfiagra to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Hey! Somebody else who listens to phil hendrie Smile )

04-26-2005 18:09 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Pfiagra
quote:
That's real nice.
Not so.

You wouldn't happen to be a regular guest on the Phil Hendrie show, would you?

So that show must really suck then? Red Face

04-26-2005 23:26 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » "Darn Floor Big Bite" quoted in SI

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH