Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Lost Dogs concert reports » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lost Dogs concert reports
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Question Lost Dogs concert reports Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well? How are they going?

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
06-24-2005 11:52 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Skemankis
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 03-13-2003

RE: Lost Dogs concert reports Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I went to the one last night in Clayton, IN, and it was GREAT! They did a good mix of old and new stuff and had a lot of fun up there on stage. When they said good night, I looked at my watch and couldn't believe an hour and a half had past. Then they came back out and did some more. This was the first time I had seen all 3 of the Dogs together, and it was pretty incredible what Steve Hindalong can do with a small assortment of percussion pieces.

I would have to say that this was probably the best concert I've ever been to. If you're near one of these upcoming shows, I would highly recommend that you go. The only downside was that I live in Ohio and Indiana is 1 hour behind Ohio time and the show ended about 1115 Ohio time and then I had to drive home a little over 2 hours, but it was well worth it.

Thanks to the Lost Dogs and to the people who own the barn for a really wonderful night.

06-26-2005 20:54 Skemankis is offline Send an Email to Skemankis Search for Posts by Skemankis Add Skemankis to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

great to hear Cool thanks for the report...

so far my lost dogs concert "SaGa" has not been GooD
first I called our local Christian book store ticket outlet(s)
they carry tics for Club 3 degrees...

I called four different stores for tics, 3 of the stores Never heard of
the Lost Dogs or the associated bands... the 4th read the promo
but said no tickets available...

so I called Club 3 degrees they said yes they had tics & were open the
next night... so I went down & got blank stares etc. & had to show
them their own calendar to prove to them the Lost dogs were coming...
finally the ticket "manager" came & said they could not sell me tics,
come back tomorrow.... so I did. same blank stares etc... finally
the Club "manager" said they must be locked in a desk or something...
I gave them my $52 for advance tics... & asked for a receipt.

oh, well Monday night it should be alright...

06-26-2005 21:47 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was just planning on paying at the door. Are you getting the $15 tickets or the $30 tickets? I am getting the $15 tickets myself. It would be nice to get my CD copy of Darn Floor signed by Terry, but I can't justify paying twice the ticket price for the "Meet & Greet."

I hope this was Club 3 Degrees idea and not The Dogs.

06-26-2005 21:51 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I got four tics, bringing my wife & my 2 oldest kids Smile

see ya Mon. night Cool

06-26-2005 21:57 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Cool! Pleased

06-26-2005 22:01 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It was a great show, the band sounded really tight.
A lot of the same jokes, but some new jokes thrown in there as well! Pleased

A good time. Go see the Dogs when they come to your town! Smile )

06-27-2005 23:20 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

YuP Pleased a great show Cool

minneapolis Club 3 degrees:
rainy with thunder storms through out the night...

first there was no opening band Smile ) which was nice thanks to whoever made that choice.

if you want to stated it off... I lost track from there Roll Eyes
I was enjoying the show to much...
bullet train was very well done.
Joel ended the encore set (terry "we knew we were coming back out, so thanks for clapping" or something like that...)

derri mentioned to tip your waiters & waitresses...
mike said "yea, leave a tip or a track... Big Grin

I wonder if people come into a Christian Night Club & leave secular tracks instead of a TiP Tongue

06-28-2005 07:58 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Good Morning everyone...

This just in:
The International Psychic Convention was cancelled due to unforseen circumstances..

Now on to our next story..

The Lost Dogs were in Minneapolis last night and played to a better than expected crowd
(better than I expected anyway given the promotion), and I must say that after seeing them now for the umpteenth time I never get bored seeing them. Like Dennis said (Hi Dennis), yeah, they had some of the same schtick, but added a few new ones. I think that on most of the songs they were as tight as I have ever seen them. It was great to see Derri with them, seeing that it has been two years since I've seen the entire band (Cornerstone, where else?).
Steve Hindalong was great on percussion and had a long talk with him about his plethera of liitle intruments. I may be biased, but, I don't think I've heard as good of harmony since Crosby Stills Nash, & Young, or, (do I dare?) even The Beatles. Well, that's my report.
If any of you are heading to Cornerstone, look me up at The Litho Express Booth and I'll share a lil tid bit of information that Ol' Uncle Terry and I talked about.........
06-28-2005 08:44 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

^ CC a Gold Circle report ?

I was so busy getting my Family to the concert I forgot my camera...

but, thanks to Mark Prinsen a few Pics on the dadl

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/dadl/message/9302

my fav ...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by DaLe: 06-28-2005 09:17.

06-28-2005 08:59 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

Sounds like you guys took the GOOD with the bad, and had a great time, huh?

I'd have loved to have been there, but just couldn't swing it with CORNERSTONE at the end of the week Smile Smile

I'm psyched (even IF the Psychic Convention was cancelled Wink )

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

06-28-2005 12:20 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
luthien1121 luthien1121 is a female
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 06-19-2003

waaaaah! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm very disappointed that so far there aren't any tour dates on the same side of the country with me, let alone in the Portland/Vancouver area....

To be sure, the turnout is always limited to a handful of committed fans, but I'll miss seeing them this time. Crying Frown

06-28-2005 12:32 luthien1121 is offline Send an Email to luthien1121 Homepage of luthien1121 Search for Posts by luthien1121 Add luthien1121 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of luthien1121: luthien1013
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Commander Cote
I think that on most of the songs they were as tight as I have ever seen them.

They were very tight. Very polished. I was impressed! Pleased

06-28-2005 15:32 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe

my fav ...

seems you have to be a member to see these photos Frown Crying

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
06-28-2005 19:16 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by bereal
quote:
Originally posted by DaLe

my fav ...

seems you have to be a member to see these photos Frown Crying

oh.... i knew there was some reason i still subscribe to that .stupid list! Tongue

Cool
06-28-2005 19:52 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Ubique Epoque

Thanks joey! Pleased

Of course, they are all good, but that one of Derri is great! Cool

Smile
06-28-2005 20:01 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

btw, that one of Steve is really good too. He is interesting to watch in concert.

Smile
06-28-2005 20:03 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by Mountain Fan

quote:
btw, that one of Steve is really good too. He is interesting to watch in concert.

His facial expressions are something else! Smile

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
06-28-2005 21:47 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Those are great photos!

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
06-28-2005 22:07 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
quote:

His facial expressions are something else! Smile

yup, he has very expressive eyes.

Smile
06-29-2005 14:48 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Lost Dogs concert reports

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH