Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » TST Music with Female Vocals » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page TST Music with Female Vocals
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Author of the Post Author of the Post is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

TST Music with Female Vocals Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've been listening to the new Lost Dogs' CD "Island Dreams" and the only vocals are from a woman (only on a few tracks.) I found the departure a pleasant surprise, but I was wondering if there are any other TST recordings (LD, SE, DA) that use female vocals. I was thinking it over, and I can't think of any other instances.

In either case, I love "Island Dreams." Not what I was expecting, but very well done, relaxing, mellow music!

-- AOTP
07-03-2005 22:27 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
AchentoDayz
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 07-03-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Ghost of the Heart" (Alarma!) features a prominent female background vocal.

The following were not DA, SE, TST or LD recordings; but they were songs penned and recorded by DA/TST and also recorded separately by these female artists.

"Father's Arms" from The Boones (Debby and her sisters) album "First Class"

"Only One" from Wild Blue Yonder's (Crystal Lewis) album "Wild Blue Yonder"

In addition, there are these at-least-in-part TST penned songs recorded by females:

Several on "Surfonic Water Revival" - Plumb is the best ("I'll be your surfer girl...")

Several by Riki Michelle
Far, Far
Ghost in the Rain
In The Calling
Light of the World
Love Life and Dance

Some of Terry's kids albums probably have some female/girl vocals. Cool

I'm sure I am missing some.
07-03-2005 23:46 AchentoDayz is offline Send an Email to AchentoDayz Search for Posts by AchentoDayz Add AchentoDayz to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The DA Tribute CD has a few. Smile

07-04-2005 00:22 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

On the Miracle Faith album, Terry does that Wild Blue Yonder song with Crystal Lewis' background vocals still there.
07-04-2005 07:25 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

RE: TST Music with Female Vocals Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Author of the Post
I've been listening to the new Lost Dogs' CD "Island Dreams" and the only vocals are from a woman (only on a few tracks.) I found the departure a pleasant surprise, but I was wondering if there are any other TST recordings (LD, SE, DA) that use female vocals. I was thinking it over, and I can't think of any other instances.

In either case, I love "Island Dreams." Not what I was expecting, but very well done, relaxing, mellow music!

-- AOTP

i suppose it is credited on the CD, but the woman in question is christine glass-byrd....wife of marc byrd(common children, glassbyrd, the choir) Big Grin

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

07-05-2005 08:17 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

JimIny and I listened to Island Dreams on the way home from our adventure.........I LOVED it Smile The kind of music you can listen to while dozing in a hammock with a cool beverage.................

and yeah, those female voices on the DA tribute albums are pretty darn good, don't you think Wink

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

07-05-2005 10:31 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Tongue

07-05-2005 10:50 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
NonProphet NonProphet is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

more female vocals Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

...I don't know if you'd consider this a "vocal" per se, but on "Doppelganger," one of the translators is female.

"Monogramierede mogendetektor, sie mochtet zwei kaufen."

(my spelling is probably off and I can't figure out how to type an umlauted "o"... Chandler, can you offer any help?)

Also, Crystal Lewis did BGVs on Fearful Symmetry's "When The Moonlight..." & "Beautiful One"
Sharon McCall sang & arranged BGVs on "Motorcycle"

Don't have time to research more...

07-05-2005 11:26 NonProphet is offline Send an Email to NonProphet Homepage of NonProphet Search for Posts by NonProphet Add NonProphet to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Shape of Air Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Terry's lovely wife sings in the group backing vocals.
07-06-2005 12:22 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i have a bootleg from c-stone 97 i think.... and riki michelle sings an awesome backup to Ghost of the heart..... (.shut-up carl! Tongue )
i still want to hear her version of in the calling... i've only heard the version on damb-it.....
i have a couple of her solo albums, and they are awful.... but not the one with in the calling.. i'd like to hear that... Red Face

Cool
07-06-2005 12:33 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
Originally posted by joey
i have a bootleg from c-stone 97 i think.... and riki michelle sings an awesome backup to Ghost of the heart..... (.shut-up carl! Tongue )
i still want to hear her version of in the calling... i've only heard the version on damb-it.....
i have a couple of her solo albums, and they are awful.... but not the one with in the calling.. i'd like to hear that... Red Face

Okay, I've never heard riki michelle sing solo, so I can't comment on that. But she is a very nice woman. I met her at the Choir CD release party in May. She is expecting another baby, but I can't remember when. I was still in the midst of the new baby fog. It's a wonder I even went. I must be .insane. Big Grin

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
07-06-2005 15:04 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

quote:
Originally posted by AchentoDayz
"Ghost of the Heart" (Alarma!) features a prominent female background vocal.

The following were not DA, SE, TST or LD recordings; but they were songs penned and recorded by DA/TST and also recorded separately by these female artists.

"Father's Arms" from The Boones (Debby and her sisters) album "First Class"

"Only One" from Wild Blue Yonder's (Crystal Lewis) album "Wild Blue Yonder"

In addition, there are these at-least-in-part TST penned songs recorded by females:

Several on "Surfonic Water Revival" - Plumb is the best ("I'll be your surfer girl...")

Several by Riki Michelle
Far, Far
Ghost in the Rain
In The Calling
Light of the World
Love Life and Dance

Some of Terry's kids albums probably have some female/girl vocals. Cool

I'm sure I am missing some.

I just want to say that this is a very random post for someone to register to make and then never come back. Confused
10-10-2019 09:48 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » TST Music with Female Vocals

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH