Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » safety net, etc. » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page safety net, etc.
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by tchandler
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Being 40 and having many dead and dying brain cells, my memory is fuzzy. Isn't Melodyland where you guys played that Randy Stonehill tribute show in 1990? I remember it because we were in town recording our second CD for Frontline and we got to come to rehearsals. I even got to sit in on drums for "Walls of Doubt" because Ed was running late. Was that Melodyland or am I on crack?

Jerry, i think you're absolutely right. i think that WAS melodyland. it's amazing they let us back in there. you might still be on crack, though.

(kidding)
10-28-2005 13:46 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
uvulapie uvulapie is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 09-09-2003

Free Tater at the Sizzler Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Congratulations on your second Grammy nomination, you ol' chucklehead! Be sure to wear something sparkely this time so Mariah Carey will notice you.

Seriously - I hope you guys win though I know the marketing odds are against it. THREE CHEERS FOR THE CHOIR!
10-28-2005 14:25 uvulapie is offline Send an Email to uvulapie Homepage of uvulapie Search for Posts by uvulapie Add uvulapie to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of uvulapie: uvulapie
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

whaa??
fill us all in dude.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
10-28-2005 14:28 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

hey jason -- i don't think they've finished voting right? i think they have awhile until they announce the results? if we'd been nominated again, dan would've had it in ten foot high letters on the choir site.
10-28-2005 14:40 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Gabriel Syme Gabriel Syme is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-135.gif

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Davison
Anyways, I only ever saw DA live 3 times. Once in 1986 I think, it was Fearful Symmetry tour and you guys played at a tiny auditorium in Atlanta.

Hi, Tim!

I've only seen DA live... well, never. & I didn't know they had ever played in Atlanta. Crying

The closest thing I have to a concert screw-up story involves Michael Card. He was here in Athens playing outdoors at Legion Field. As he finished a song, the lights dramatically cut out. Except, what actually happened was the power had gone out. After about 45 minutes without being able to get the power back on, he & the band dragged out the bodharans, accordion, mandolin, & such & finished the concert with an acoustic set in the middle of the audience.
10-28-2005 14:49 Gabriel Syme is offline Search for Posts by Gabriel Syme Add Gabriel Syme to your Buddy List
uvulapie uvulapie is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 09-09-2003

This is your Brain on Less Sleep Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just re-read the e-mail from Dan... and you are correct, sir. Perhaps I should have paid attention to the warning presented in the classic "REEFER MADNESS"... I wondered why he made it the second item in the e-mail. OY!
10-28-2005 14:55 uvulapie is offline Send an Email to uvulapie Homepage of uvulapie Search for Posts by uvulapie Add uvulapie to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of uvulapie: uvulapie
Daniel Amos

hi Gabriel! that's a great story. one time (and i think i've told this before) the da road crew guys knocked the stage power completely out at an outdoor festival by driving in too fast and ramming into a bunch of equipment behind the stage.
10-28-2005 14:57 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

thats OK
We can project it!

(think thats in Reefer Madness too..............)

10-28-2005 14:59 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler
hi Gabriel! that's a great story. one time (and i think i've told this before) the da road crew guys knocked the stage power completely out at an outdoor festival by driving in too fast and ramming into a bunch of equipment behind the stage.

That's funny. Was that at SuperFest on some ski slope in California?

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
10-28-2005 14:59 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

quote:

keystone kops.....ahhhhhhhh

10-28-2005 14:59 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Jerry Davison Jerry Davison is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-30-2005

quote:
Originally posted by Gabriel Syme
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Davison
Anyways, I only ever saw DA live 3 times. Once in 1986 I think, it was Fearful Symmetry tour and you guys played at a tiny auditorium in Atlanta.

Hi, Tim!

I've only seen DA live... well, never. & I didn't know they had ever played in Atlanta. Crying

The closest thing I have to a concert screw-up story involves Michael Card. He was here in Athens playing outdoors at Legion Field...

Hey, I didn't know you were in Athens, GA. I grew up there! I LOVE that place! Go Bulldogs! PM me later.

Er, sorry, everyone... as you were...
10-28-2005 15:05 Jerry Davison is offline Send an Email to Jerry Davison Search for Posts by Jerry Davison Add Jerry Davison to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Jerry Davison: Davie Bluff
Daniel Amos

quote:
keystone kops

those guys were hilarious. i still keep in touch with wes leathers who went on to work for pat benatar, foreigner, santana, the greatful dead, etc.
10-28-2005 15:05 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

hey tim,

sorry I don't have any good concert mixup stories; at best if I had really cool parents, I might have remembered a DA show in the late 80s, but then y'all didn't play the east coast much either Frown

Well, my Dad did have some pretty cool music. Lotsa boxes of 45s and some LPs.

Probably one of the best shows I saw in high school was by Eric Gales, who at the time was maybe 16 himself. He sorta got billed as being a newer Hendrix, but he wasn't drugged out and I saw him actually turn down some of the "house girls and substances" after the show, after my friend and I talked to him some outside his tour bus.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
10-28-2005 15:13 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

afternoon tim.....no funny stories from me...not involving you anyway.....

the one funny thing that comes to mind is the choir playing the pterodactyl in atlanta, with bill campbell on guitar, and wayne everett on percussion.....

it was a non-smoking venue, and wayne chain smoked throughout the set.....we laughed at him all night...

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

10-28-2005 15:18 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
freak freak is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-270.jpg

Registration Date: 11-13-2003

c-stone 90 was my first and only time seeing a "true" the gen-u-wine members of DA all playing a set (saw 2001 sans Mr. Chandler; 2002 sans Mr. Flesch)...

but c-stone 90 ended with everyone jumping greg in a real cool brawl... that was FREAKIN' AWESOME!!

What a great time.

I of course would love to see you and the guys out sans a brawl any old time!

Here is hoping.

~f

dit, dit, doo
10-28-2005 15:22 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Homepage of freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
freak freak is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-270.jpg

Registration Date: 11-13-2003

I remember you in '86 touring with Stonehill and Phillips...

You had a big shouldered jacket.

You played messiah college (my alma mater) and during "dancing with danger" you got down and did curley's on the floor...

Pretty nada cool.

great show - I believe it was Raven on Drums, as well.

~f

dit, dit, doo
10-28-2005 15:24 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Homepage of freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

hi Mountain Fan!

hey larryl! yeah, Wayne is a really funny guy. he made that tour a lot of fun.
10-28-2005 15:27 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
hi Mountain Fan!

hey larryl! yeah, Wayne is a really funny guy. he made that tour a lot of fun.

I bet he didn't have the facial expressions of Steve though! Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
10-28-2005 15:28 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

hi freak! yes that would've been Raven on drums. he's the greatest!
10-28-2005 15:28 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

quote:
I bet he didn't have the facial expressions of Steve though!

that's true. Steve's facial expressions are one of a kind.
10-28-2005 15:30 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » safety net, etc.

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH