Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » \"Sanctuary\" » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page \"Sanctuary\"
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
skykinglvr
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

\"Sanctuary\" Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This is my first posting. I enjoy reading this message board though it does puzzle me at times. It's really hard to pick my favorite DA song, but I remember how blown away I was by "Sanctuary" when I first heard it. It's sparse lyrics & moody but driving music gave a real impression of divine protection while the storm howls all around. If not my favorite, it's at least in my top ten.
08-16-2002 22:19 skykinglvr is offline Send an Email to skykinglvr Search for Posts by skykinglvr Add skykinglvr to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Welcome Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Welcome to posting, bud!
Songs from that album were the first to hook me into DA--really hook me. I bought a compilation ablum that had "Home Permanant" on it (Rock Around the World). I was zapped! Later, when I was able to hear the entire album, each and every song won me over; including Sanctuary.
08-16-2002 22:28 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Welcome,

We're glad to have you. Sanctuary is a great song that does have kind of a different feel from some of the other songs on VH.

08-16-2002 22:46 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Welcome to the board. Sanctuary is a great song indeed...
08-17-2002 12:06 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I just saw part of that movie Logan's Run from 1976 again. They were trying to get to Sanctuary.

08-17-2002 13:03 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
I just saw part of that movie Logan's Run from 1976 again. They were trying to get to Sanctuary.

heh heh logans run...

Smile

08-17-2002 13:07 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

The Sandmen and the Runners

08-17-2002 14:07 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
skykinglvr
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by skykinglvr

Thanks for the welcome. Glad to be a part of the family. I've followed Daniel Amos, DA, Swirling Eddies, Lost Dogs, Terry Taylor throughout their careers (not always easy) For some strange reason I didn't find it hard at all to adapt with them through their country pre-HD stuff to Alarma and beyond.
08-17-2002 16:17 skykinglvr is offline Send an Email to skykinglvr Search for Posts by skykinglvr Add skykinglvr to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

All the various incarnations are great.

08-18-2002 12:07 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Lucy Lucy is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 05-16-2002

that's it Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Welcome, and that's the whole point I think! That Terry can jump from country to pop to new wave to oddball alt stuff and always come across as genuine. That's just beautiful. The fitst DA I ever heard was VH, I was on a youth trip and the one skate punk kid in the group had it and played loudly over and over again. especially Dance Stop! To this day that tune just gets me going.
lucy
08-23-2002 18:15 Lucy is offline Send an Email to Lucy Homepage of Lucy Search for Posts by Lucy Add Lucy to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » \"Sanctuary\"

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH