Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Misheard Lyrics » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Misheard Lyrics
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: Bleak human landscape, flat roofed houses, bad breath, vacant lots and murder evidence. God saves and leads a remnant of scraggly, faithless people, in spite of themsleves and just because he feels like it.

Misheard Lyrics Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Bigus Dorkus and I have had a wee chat on the off-topic board and I though we could bring it over here.

What TST lyrics do you keep mishearing?

For example:

"Woo's us like a lover" becomes
Who's a sly gay lover?

And that one from Love grapes about squeezing a bunch of grapes becomes
Squeeze another butt cheek

08-18-2002 18:58 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Now this could be a really cool thread. I'll have to think of some of these and check out the couple you listed.

08-18-2002 19:00 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The earth has holes, the earth has holes......

Big Grin

08-19-2002 11:13 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
jollyholiday
Mind Peach

Misheard Outdoor Elvis

Original:
you can pretty much tell that he's lost weight
from the depth of his footprint

Heard as:
...depth of his buttprint

Isn't that what's really being sung there?
08-19-2002 12:38 jollyholiday is offline Send an Email to jollyholiday Search for Posts by jollyholiday Add jollyholiday to your Buddy List
Author of the Post Author of the Post is a male
A Hot Wolly

Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
"Woo's us like a lover" becomes
Who's a sly gay lover?

And I thought I was the only one who was mishearing this one. I was so confused till I pulled out the lyric sheet.

-- aotp
08-19-2002 13:40 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Location: Bleak human landscape, flat roofed houses, bad breath, vacant lots and murder evidence. God saves and leads a remnant of scraggly, faithless people, in spite of themsleves and just because he feels like it.

Thread Starter Thread Started by Andrew

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.

Big Grin

LOL!!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I kept hearing "The face of St. Paul in this pot roast" but it' turned out to be "The face of St. Paul in this BUTT roast"
08-19-2002 16:05 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
Author of the Post Author of the Post is a male
A Hot Wolly

Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.

Big Grin

That's too cute.

Pleased

-- aotp
08-19-2002 16:43 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
Lucy Lucy is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 05-16-2002

hmmm... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'll be going to the place where they say that they love you and they eat it...
there must be more, I'll have to think more
lucy
08-19-2002 18:11 Lucy is offline Send an Email to Lucy Homepage of Lucy Search for Posts by Lucy Add Lucy to your Buddy List
Lucy Lucy is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

"mana to the left, mana to the right, do the manatee day and night"
Lucy
08-19-2002 18:13 Lucy is offline Send an Email to Lucy Homepage of Lucy Search for Posts by Lucy Add Lucy to your Buddy List
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

OK the lyrics say Chit Chat....

But do you hear grey poop'on Chat...?
08-19-2002 18:34 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
Lucy Lucy is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

yea Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

that one is way obvious & it fits with the vibe of the song too, but You know
I used to think that in the Lost Dogs Tune Red, White, & Blue
the line was
"grey poop'on, I'm Hard as a nail and I'm descended from the blood on my hands"

but Who's Who Here is really obvious in MHO
lucy
08-19-2002 19:13 Lucy is offline Send an Email to Lucy Homepage of Lucy Search for Posts by Lucy Add Lucy to your Buddy List
Lucy Lucy is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Getting closer Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm getting closer and closer to 100 posts, how can all you losers post in the 1000's. I have the wrong job or something.
Oh well
lucy
08-19-2002 19:14 Lucy is offline Send an Email to Lucy Homepage of Lucy Search for Posts by Lucy Add Lucy to your Buddy List
Lucy Lucy is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

here's 90 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

here it is, one more closer, do I get one of them fancy stars at 100?

Huh, Huh
do I, do I
08-19-2002 19:16 Lucy is offline Send an Email to Lucy Homepage of Lucy Search for Posts by Lucy Add Lucy to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Lucy
that one is way obvious & it fits with the vibe of the song too, but You know
I used to think that in the Lost Dogs Tune Red, White, & Blue
the line was
"grey poop'on, I'm Hard as a nail and I'm descended from the blood on my hands"

but Who's Who Here is really obvious in MHO
lucy

for the last time

Chit <-----click here

and I hear the grey poop'on in the Dogs tune too!

BD

08-19-2002 21:11 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

So blow me over cause' my rear is growing from Dance Stop.

08-20-2002 18:52 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Ya'll are coming up with some good ones.

08-20-2002 19:08 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
Ya'll are coming up with some good ones.

What song is that one from???
08-20-2002 20:16 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
Mark Mark is a male

I don't know, but I bet Terry could write a song using that line, like the way the songs on Zoom Daddy were written.

08-20-2002 20:30 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

Brought me to my ever-lovin' knees

I heard

Brought the fever out of loving me

"black gold fever"

08-20-2002 23:43 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

and also from the same song

Well, I cancelled my order when I crossed over
And the train hit the border line

i heard -

Well, the cats got my odor when I crossed over
And the train hit the border line

08-20-2002 23:46 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Misheard Lyrics

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH