Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » From the DA.com home page » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page From the DA.com home page
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

From the DA.com home page Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
"...out of nowhere, Daniel Amos resurfaced with the best album of their career and one of the best alternative-pop albums of 2001 (Christian or otherwise)... As of 2001 Daniel Amos was not only the best band in Christian music but were the best that they had ever been."
- Mark Allan Powell
(The Encyclopedia of Contemporary
Christian Music, Boston: Hendrickson
Publishers, 2002)

Say Wha? Huh?

Alternative POP!

01-15-2003 16:10 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Alternative POP!"

Is that like having a Coke instead of Dr. Pepper?
01-15-2003 16:12 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Pedantic
quote:
"...out of nowhere, Daniel Amos resurfaced with the best album of their career and one of the best alternative-pop albums of 2001 (Christian or otherwise)... As of 2001 Daniel Amos was not only the best band in Christian music but were the best that they had ever been."
- Mark Allan Powell
(The Encyclopedia of Contemporary
Christian Music, Boston: Hendrickson
Publishers, 2002)

Say Wha? Huh?

Alternative POP!

Alternative Pop/Rock is essentially a catch-all term for post-punk bands from the mid-'80s to the mid-'90s.
http://www.allmusic.com

01-15-2003 16:21 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

quote:
Originally posted by BD
"Alternative POP!"

Mmmm... Coke...
01-16-2003 09:52 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by BD
"Alternative POP!"

Sounds more like Vernor's to me.... eeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.....Shocked

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
01-16-2003 09:57 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

Hey now! I like the Vernor's. It's the best Ginger Ale out there.

01-16-2003 12:39 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

No it's not! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's the worst cream soda anywhere and you KNOW it....

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
01-16-2003 12:42 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

I grew up drinking the stuff. It's my dad's favorite.

yummy

01-16-2003 12:45 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

aw... just give me a beer! Pleased

01-16-2003 16:10 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » From the DA.com home page

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH