Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » It's All About YOU.... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 5 6 [7] 8 9 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page It's All About YOU.... 5 Votes - Average Rating: 10.005 Votes - Average Rating: 10.005 Votes - Average Rating: 10.005 Votes - Average Rating: 10.005 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Posts in this Thread Author Date
« Previous Page
 RE: It's All About YOU.... Matt K 01-25-2008 12:48
 RE: It's All About YOU.... dennis 01-25-2008 15:57
 RE: It's All About YOU.... THX1136 01-25-2008 17:39
 RE: It's All About YOU.... dennis 01-25-2008 17:44
 RE: It's All About YOU.... Matt K 01-26-2008 09:27
 RE: It's All About YOU.... dennis 01-26-2008 09:42
 RE: It's All About YOU.... dennis 01-26-2008 10:57
 RE: It's All About YOU.... sondance 01-26-2008 16:41
 RE: It's All About YOU.... dennis 01-26-2008 18:34
 RE: It's All About YOU.... dennis 01-26-2008 16:15
 RE: It's All About YOU.... dennis 01-27-2008 10:42
 By the way... dennis 01-27-2008 11:46
 RE: It's All About YOU.... dennis 01-28-2008 19:32
 RE: It's All About YOU.... bereal 01-29-2008 10:57
 1980s dennis 01-29-2008 17:05
 RE: It's All About YOU.... bereal 01-30-2008 09:44
 RE: It's All About YOU.... dennis 01-30-2008 16:52
 RE: It's All About YOU.... Mountain Fan 01-31-2008 09:54
 RE: It's All About YOU.... Mountain Fan 01-31-2008 09:59
 RE: It's All About YOU.... Ron E 01-31-2008 10:24
Next Page »

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Matt K Matt K is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 05-03-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

No kidding...! Now, I have seen videos online of Entwistle playing "Baba O Riley" and "Won't Get Fooled Again" with the rest of the band muted out, does the DVD have more tunes in that fashion?
01-25-2008 12:48 Matt K is offline Send an Email to Matt K Homepage of Matt K Search for Posts by Matt K Add Matt K to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Matt K: xxthundrrblt67xx YIM Account Name of Matt K: scrapbrain_409
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

No, that's pretty much it.

Still a very cool movie, fun to watch over and over. Cool

01-25-2008 15:57 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
THX1136
unregistered

Matt, would Amazing Journey be worth buying in your estimation? What Dennis said about TKAA is on the mark. Excellent film. I just wish there was a bit more of Entwistle interview wise. Obviously Pete is featured the most. I was fortunate enough to see the Who in 76 before Keith died and they were great. Toots and the Maytels opened and I felt sorry for them. The audience was not into the reggae they did as you can imagine.
01-25-2008 17:39
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

I wish there was more of Entwistle too.

I also am curious about the Amazing Journey.

01-25-2008 17:44 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Matt K Matt K is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 05-03-2002

I would say it is worth buying, yes.

Basicly it's a lot like the Beatles Anthology going back to the childhood days (cue black and white photos with a Glen Miller tune playing in the background) to the birth of the band right to the present. There's quite a few good concert clips, and some great stories. As I mentioned earlier the celebrity interviews are kinda silly (Sting, Eddie Vedder, Noel Gallagher) they pretty much all say the same thing.... "Man, that band is soo effing awesome. I effing love their effing music, great effing musicianship etc etc etc". My favorite quote was from Noel, to the effect of:

"Man, what the eff was up with Entwistle's skeleton costume? I mean, what the eff was up with that?"

What's really cool is the 2nd disc which contains a full concert of the band when they were known as "The High Numbers." Very very very cool and historical footage.

The Best Buy version comes with a 3rd disc containing a concert recorded in 1979 but I have yet to watch that one.

As a disclaimer however, I haven't yet seen the Kids are Alright doc, so the Amazing Journey might all out suck compared to TKAA.
01-26-2008 09:27 Matt K is offline Send an Email to Matt K Homepage of Matt K Search for Posts by Matt K Add Matt K to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Matt K: xxthundrrblt67xx YIM Account Name of Matt K: scrapbrain_409
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
What's really cool is the 2nd disc which contains a full concert of the band when they were known as "The High Numbers." Very very very cool and historical footage.

That is very cool. Cool

quote:
The Best Buy version comes with a 3rd disc containing a concert recorded in 1979 but I have yet to watch that one.

I may have to go to Best Buy today! Cool

quote:
As a disclaimer however, I haven't yet seen the Kids are Alright doc, so the Amazing Journey might all out suck compared to TKAA

I am sure it does not suck at all! Pleased

01-26-2008 09:42 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Name: Dennis Rich

Birthday: July 12, 1968

Birthplace: Providence, RI

Current Location: Saint Paul, MN

Current Occupation: Social Services

Dream Occupation: I Wanna Rock!

Eye Color: Blue

Hair Color: Brown

Height: My Driver's Licence say 5'10" Wink

Right Handed or Left Handed: Right

Your Heritage:italian irish french native american canadian scottish german

Your Biggest Weakness: Half Price Books

Your Fears: Missing a great find at HPB!

The Perfect Pizza: One from Imo's pizza in St Louis.

Goal You Would Like To Achieve This Year: Loose some weight.

Your Most Overused Phrase or word: "it's uh..."
Morning person or Night Owl: Both.

Your Best Physical Feature: Bald spot

Your Most Missed Memory: My Mom.

Pepsi or Coke: Cream Soda

Favorite Fast Food: White Castle (In-N-Out is better, but there are none in MN Frown )

Can You Cook: Sure.

Chocolate or Vanilla: Yes, please.

Cappuccino or Coffee: Yes, please.

Three Stooges, Abbot and Costello or the Marx Brothers: Laurel and Hardy

Number of hours that you normally watch TV in a single day: a lot

Favorite type of movie (Drama/comedy/action/documentary/etc): Really good movies have all of those elements.

Letterman or Leno: Conan

Do you Smoke: Not amymore.

Do you Sing: Do I have to? Shocked

Do you Dance: When I'm drunk.

Most unusual talent: Read minds and see though walls.

You like to regularly challenge yourself by: Telling lies

Do you get Motion Sickness: Not if I'm driving.

Are you a Health Freak: No.

Do/did you get along with your Parents: Yes.

Do you like Thunderstorms: Yes.

Do you play an Instrument: Yes. Bass Guitar.

Have you ever Stolen Anything: Yes.

Have You Ever been Beaten up: Yes.

What do you want to be when you Grow Up: I'll let you know when I grow up.

What country would you most like to Visit: The U.K. (Three countries for the price of one!Tongue )

Number of CDs I own: Counting vinyl and cassttes, about 2000.

Number of Piercings: None.

Number of Tattoos:None.

Number of Message Board Alliases: A few.

The Greatest Rock Band in History Is: Beatles & The Who.

The Album I Wore Out Growing Up Was: AC/DC ~Back in Black

This post has been edited 6 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 02-12-2008 20:00.

01-26-2008 10:57 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

quote:
Originally posted by dennis

bass players unite!
God only gave us four fingers and an opposable thumb for a reason.

Psalm 119:83
01-26-2008 16:41 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by sondance
quote:

bass players unite!
God only gave us four fingers and an opposable thumb for a reason.

Amen! Cool

I don't count those bass players who really want to play guitar!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 01-26-2008 18:34.

01-26-2008 18:34 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

"Your Biggest Weakness: Half Price Books
Your Fears: Missing a great find at HPB!"

I bought a bunch of vinyl really cheap at HPB.

Pink Floyd ~Animals

Woodstock Soundtrack

The Who ~Tommy (Decca Version)

Black Sabbath's Greatest Hits

AC/DC ~Flick the Switch

Queen's Greatest Hits

01-26-2008 16:15 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

"It was the eighties..."

This is always a good telltale sign the story being told is about to go wrong.

Horribly wrong. Shocked

01-27-2008 10:42 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

By the way... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Welcome manskow!

01-27-2008 11:46 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

I like "The Zeros" Pleased

01-28-2008 19:32 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

we are much cooler in the zeroes than we were in the 80s. Big Grin

yea, back in the 80s, i wore leg warmers and braided barrettes in the early 80s, and went to another extreme with the big hair in the late 80s. i though guys with big hair (not just long, i still like that) and makeup were soooooooo good looking. i think i got into every trend in the 80s. what were we thinking? Shocked Red Face Roll Eyes

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
01-29-2008 10:57 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Thumb Up! 1980s Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

01-29-2008 17:05 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

no, this was my heartthrob in the 80s

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
01-30-2008 09:44 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Thumb Down! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Stevie Ray Vaughan is dead, and we can't get Jon Bon Jovi in a helicopter!
~Denis Leary

Tongue

01-30-2008 16:52 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Stevie Ray Vaughan is dead, and we can't get Jon Bon Jovi in a helicopter!
~Denis Leary

Tongue

excellent quote! Pleased

the 2 musicians that first come to mind that I took personal pause when I heard of their deaths when they happened were Stevie Ray Vaughan and Rich Mullins

i was too young to really know what was going on when elvis and lennon died, but if i wasn't they wouldn't have quite rated as pauseworthy as vaughn and mullins in my personal book. i remember them covering elvis' death on tv and thinking of the footage "it's a fat guy in a gold suit, why are all those girls screaming?". I remember thinking of lennon "a funny-looking long-haired guy with sunglasses". (and yes, I had heard some of their records.)

i wasn't into CCM when Heard died, either and due to ongoing life events didn't find out about Gene Eugene until some time after his death.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
01-31-2008 09:54 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

i didn't quite buy the 80's hair (although br's hair in high school was pretty killer). the most i did to try to look cool was get a tie-dye hendrix t-shirt with stonewashed jeans.

a guilty pleasure for me is some of the 80's melodic hard rock in the glam vein. I really liked Dokken (as much George Lynch as anything) and still do. it's hit or miss for me. Bon Jovi, RATT, Poison were just OK to me - if they were on the radio I wouldn't change it.

before it got too bad I started listening to older music and got hendrix, zeppelin, etc. I think I was born a generation later than I should have been Red Face Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
01-31-2008 09:59 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

For some reason my highschool mostly listened to Zeppelin Doors etc, and I was there from 85-90. I remember the first time I heard REM, it gave me hope for the new music, that and U2 I guess, but REM seemed to come out of nowhere, though now I know better.

01-31-2008 10:24 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 5 6 [7] 8 9 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » It's All About YOU....

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH