Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Most influential album cover.... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Most influential album cover....
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

VH has a cool cover as does FS.

06-12-2003 08:59 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

SCHOOLS OUT Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

the desk (I still got it)
has little legs that fold down as well
what I have no more is the pink paper panties that were stretched over the vinyl
It actually had a little sticker that said
"do not wear- for display purposes only"
Alice has always had my best interests in mind.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
06-12-2003 09:07 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

LK9 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

SA-
it DOES look like something from a King Novel-
and the billowy clouds add a nice touch
Plus the black and white gatefold info-yeah!

That pic on the back however.....
Hey Boys, 1977 called- they want their denim back!

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
06-12-2003 09:10 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

DG is maybe the most important DA record art wise and music wise. It's not my favorite, but it's one of the most important records ever made.

06-12-2003 12:26 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
HEMISPHERICALHEADS HEMISPHERICALHEADS is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-07-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by HEMISPHERICALHEADS

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
I have no more is the pink paper panties that were stretched over the vinyl

Being and old record collector awhile back , I can tell you , that album in MINT condition with the pink panties is worth a considerable amout of money. If you had the blue ones it would be slightly less as they made more with blue...
06-12-2003 15:07 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
DG is maybe the most important DA record art wise and music wise. It's not my favorite, but it's one of the most important records ever made.

Why in your opinion is this true?
Trust me , I'm not disagreeing with you , only curious as to what others think about various DA LPs..I just recently got the ALARMA! bookset , so I was just introduced to it. Right now I see the entire ALARMA! Chronicles as an amazing and important piece of art that I wish I knew about when it came out. Unfortunatly back in those days Daniel Amos did not appeal to this former Phychedelics indulger...
06-12-2003 15:11 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by rob 3.0
I would have to say Songs of the Heart as well. It was the first DA cd I ever bought. I picked it up because I liked the cover.

Really? Am I the only one who actually was "scared" of the cover?
06-12-2003 15:12 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
Dr. Sticky Dr. Sticky is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

oh yeah, great cover. great album.

I'd have to say "Fearful Symmetry" moved me and frightened me. I didn't understand it, but it called to me. i'd love to find that as a poster.
06-12-2003 15:59 Dr. Sticky is offline Send an Email to Dr. Sticky Homepage of Dr. Sticky Search for Posts by Dr. Sticky Add Dr. Sticky to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Sticky

i'd love to find that as a poster.

Make one.. Cool
06-12-2003 16:05 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

quote:

I'd have to say "Fearful Symmetry" moved me and frightened me. I didn't understand it, but it called to me. i'd love to find that as a poster.

Yeah, gotta love the nude guy doing situps...

Big Grin

06-12-2003 18:57 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Gamgee
quote:

Big Grin

I'm a moderator at this other Board and someone came on one day and claimed that Creed used that album as an inspiration for thier "My own Prison" album. I think that's the one...
Let me see if I can find the link and post it..You guys would get a kick out of it...... Big Grin
06-12-2003 19:01 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
Bulldog Bulldog is a male
Unsullied Affiche

The problem with the covers on CDs, it doen't have the impact that the old lp's had. Nothing beat the old 12 inch albums, I know that CD's sound better and easier to store, but I still miss albums.
06-13-2003 07:29 Bulldog is offline Send an Email to Bulldog Search for Posts by Bulldog Add Bulldog to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by HEMISPHERICALHEADS
quote:

Why in your opinion is this true?
Trust me , I'm not disagreeing with you , only curious as to what others think about various DA LPs..I just recently got the ALARMA! bookset , so I was just introduced to it. Right now I see the entire ALARMA! Chronicles as an amazing and important piece of art that I wish I knew about when it came out. Unfortunatly back in those days Daniel Amos did not appeal to this former Phychedelics indulger...

I think about the line in real girls "What is a real life?" which seems to sum up a lot of Terry's work and seems to me to be the heart of the Alarma Chronicles. Plus the artwork, package and music all fit together so well. There is a lot of adventure on that record, some very brave moments. The chord change at the end of "I didn't build it for me." "Real Girls" is a very brave song. "Autographs for the sick," where did the idea for that song come from??? The intro song "Hollow Man" is so dark and wonderful. It's mind blowing that is on a Christian record.

06-13-2003 08:51 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:

I think about the line in real girls "What is a real life?" which seems to sum up a lot of Terry's work and seems to me to be the heart of the Alarma Chronicles. Plus the artwork, package and music all fit together so well. There is a lot of adventure on that record, some very brave moments. The chord change at the end of "I didn't build it for me." "Real Girls" is a very brave song. "Autographs for the sick," where did the idea for that song come from??? The intro song "Hollow Man" is so dark and wonderful. It's mind blowing that is on a Christian record.

.I hear you. I've had Disc two from the bookset in my multidisc player for the last month or so, so I've really been listening to it. Would you believe I have this good friend who is self employed. He makes a pretty reasonable sum of money. (It really helps 'cause he still lives at home at 38 yrs. old.!) He can generally buy any music he wants, whenever he wants. He bought the Bookset about two years ago , and has only cracked the first disc! He loves DA. We go see the various Taylor incarnations whenever they come to Michigan. So it really amazes me that he has not cracked the other two. I even email him sometimes mentioning a song of the Chronicles that really spoke to me ,and try to encourage him to listen...Whenever I get a new disc , I generally have the wrapping of before you can shake a stick. It's in the player faster than you can snap your fingers...Maybe he's waiting for me to "burn" him a copy so he does not have to open his Big Grin

Also: I fully agree with you on Hollow Man. Very intense.
06-13-2003 12:21 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
He bought the Bookset about two years ago , and has only cracked the first disc! He loves DA. We go see the various Taylor incarnations whenever they come to Michigan. So it really amazes me that he has not cracked the other two. I even email him sometimes mentioning a song of the Chronicles that really spoke to me ,and try to encourage him to listen...Whenever I get a new disc , I generally have the wrapping of before you can shake a stick. It's in the player faster than you can snap your fingers...Maybe he's waiting for me to "burn" him a copy so he does not have to open his Big Grin

Also: I fully agree with you on Hollow Man. Very intense.[/COLOR]

Does he own the CDs in orginal format maybe?? If not he needs to crack those babies open! Evil

Hollow Man is awesome.Pleased
There is a version of "Hollow Man" where it is word for word T.S. Eliot's poem, but the T.S. Eliot Estate would not give permission to use the poem, so Terry paraphrased it. It's fun to compare the two, to get a glimse of Terry's creative process.

06-13-2003 13:42 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Stuart Pedasso

In terms of albums, I remember being 14 and seeing the sticky fingers album for the first time. You know the Stones with the zipper? What was behind that zipper? I had to know ... but dang it was covered in plastic ... what lurked beneath?

I always wondered that too. Then remember in '84 the LP the Stones did "Undercover" i think. It had Jane Mansfield on the cover naked with stickers stratigicaly placed. I bought it and still have it sealed. All the stickers intact, because of that darn cellophane. Does anyone now what was under those stickers? I wonder if it'sworth anything?

On the stones cover it's wacky things... not Jane's parts!Tongue

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 12-18-2004 11:30.

12-18-2004 11:29 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog
The problem with the covers on CDs, it doen't have the impact that the old lp's had. Nothing beat the old 12 inch albums, I know that CD's sound better and easier to store, but I still miss albums.

I bought a few DA record on vinyl not too long ago. All the iAlarma! records and dfbb. It's great to have Vox Humana on record to really enjoy the artwork! Pleased

12-18-2004 11:33 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Gamgee
quote:

Big Grin

I'm a moderator at this other Board and someone came on one day and claimed that Creed used that album as an inspiration for thier "My own Prison" album. I think that's the one...
Let me see if I can find the link and post it..You guys would get a kick out of it...... Big Grin

That's cool! Cool

12-18-2004 11:34 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Kissin
Another great cover is Randy Stonehill's "Wonderama", a terrific Taylor-produced album.

I need to get this one at some point.

12-18-2004 11:35 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by rob 3.0
I would have to say Songs of the Heart as well. It was the first DA cd I ever bought. I picked it up because I liked the cover.

I didn't buy that one when it first came ou because of the cover!Shocked

12-18-2004 11:36 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Most influential album cover....

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH