Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Avocado Club » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Avocado Club
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Mine better be at home when I get there or I'm gonna scream!!!!!Evil

or i'll just wait until tomorrow.

Hey Anne! it is nice to see ya here. It's way too lame with just me and Joey doing all the posts. at least my post are lame.

BD

04-09-2002 19:48 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork

or i'll just wait until tomorrow.

Hey Anne! it is nice to see ya here. It's way too lame with just me and Joey doing all the posts. at least my post are lame.

BD

Well, some of the folks who sometimes have something really deep to say like LK-9 are still posting on the OLD board only... Roll Eyes

04-10-2002 12:14 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
jc
Luteous Llama

ol me Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I cant even get to the old board....
i did not save a shortcut to it- and I know of no other way....
CMON lk-
we need ya to saddle up here!
JiMiNy
04-10-2002 14:24 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

ok jc, for the 1000th time... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jc
I cant even get to the old board....
i did not save a shortcut to it- and I know of no other way....
CMON lk-
we need ya to saddle up here!
JiMiNy

shortcut to the old board... Confused

04-10-2002 14:55 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork

BD

I just called my wife and it's THERE!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Won't hear it until I get home though...

04-10-2002 17:11 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: Bleak human landscape, flat roofed houses, bad breath, vacant lots and murder evidence. God saves and leads a remnant of scraggly, faithless people, in spite of themsleves and just because he feels like it.

Calling home Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.

I just called my wife and it's THERE!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Won't hear it until I get home though...

I was about to call home and see if it is there except for two reasons...

1) it will take longer to get from Missouri (or where ever) to NZ than Missouri to soem where inthe USA

2) I live alone and no-one will answer the phone.
Confused
04-10-2002 17:51 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
quote:

I was about to call home and see if it is there except for two reasons...

1) it will take longer to get from Missouri (or where ever) to NZ than Missouri to soem where inthe USA

2) I live alone and no-one will answer the phone.
Confused

Dude, but you live in New Zealand, how cool is that??? After seeing LOTR I want to move there! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

04-10-2002 17:59 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Location: Bleak human landscape, flat roofed houses, bad breath, vacant lots and murder evidence. God saves and leads a remnant of scraggly, faithless people, in spite of themsleves and just because he feels like it.

quote:
Dude, but you live in New Zealand, how cool is that??? After seeing LOTR I want to move there! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Actually the AC disk has been a bit of an anomaly.

Quite often I was getting the goods before everyone else.

Except for MBD. That took a month to get to Canada and then a couple weeks from there to get to me.

But oh yeah LOTR shows just some of our incredable scenery. The inhabited bits they couldn't film look good too. and those huge statues... Big Grin
04-10-2002 18:52 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
quote:

Actually the AC disk has been a bit of an anomaly.

Quite often I was getting the goods before everyone else.

Except for MBD. That took a month to get to Canada and then a couple weeks from there to get to me.

But oh yeah LOTR shows just some of our incredable scenery. The inhabited bits they couldn't film look good too. and those huge statues... Big Grin

Yeah, I remember when I first signed up for the da-dl, you had got C2K before everybody else and people were getting mad about that. What a group... (of nuts) Big Grin

04-10-2002 19:19 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

NP: I'll Stop Loving You
AC Volume I

wooo hooooooo

04-10-2002 19:22 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
anne
A Hot Wolly

hey bd Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

it's nice, isn't it. a little more country twang (neverrrrr... everrrr...) than i usually go for, but that's ok. i'm digging thief quite a bit.
04-10-2002 22:15 anne is offline Send an Email to anne Homepage of anne Search for Posts by anne Add anne to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Yep, I really like it, uh, all 15 mins of it that is.....Smile )

04-11-2002 11:31 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Scrimshaw Nick Scrimshaw Nick is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-387.jpg

Location: "Bad news, Mom. I promised my soul to the devil this afternoon." "Oh? That recently?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

Thread Starter Thread Started by Scrimshaw Nick
very nice Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I agree that it is a bit more country twangy than I was expecting. But then, I don't really know what I was expecting. I like it a lot.

Somebody cured my political apathy but I'm not allowed to say who it is in a signature on the Message Boards
04-11-2002 16:10 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

AC vol #1 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'll Stop Loving You: Good song. It made me think of REO Speedwagon reinvented country style and Terry influenced.

Real Men Cry: The only song that has surfaced before. Terry does a great job with this as demo. It has a great forlorn ambiance to it.

I Like It Like That: This sounds like a pre-Three Legged Dog demo. This one would be a hoot in concert.

Your Thief: Retro original Daniel Amos country sound.

Olley Olley Oxen Free: This would be a great sing along in concert. I could even see Terry selling this song to a Top 20 country performer that needs a hit.

Terry's country songs are great. I have been surprised that he doesn't sell them to mainstream artists.

04-11-2002 17:16 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Thank you Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just a quick thanks to all: (of course) Terry, Audiori's, JT, whoever else is involved.

We really appreciate your work on this little labor of love to the (comparatively few) DA hardcore.

04-12-2002 06:45 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

thanks everyone! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i only wish i had mine.

no sign of the disc in so. cal.

...yet

04-12-2002 15:31 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

it arrived today Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

woohoo!

04-13-2002 12:58 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Avocado club Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just got mine today.

I like.

Certanly a country twang there

Can't talk - full sentences.

Me esculant eskimo now.

04-18-2002 21:03 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Time to go back into Billy Martin mode.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Terry's country songs are great. I have been surprised that he doesn't sell them to mainstream artists."

Uhhh... that's what he was TRYING to do here originally, I believe....

Anyway, good analysis on the songs. I heard the "Three Legged Dog" thing on "I Like It Like That" too....

I'm not a big fan of Country Terry, but these tracks definitely have a charm to them that I don't get out of, say, Avocado Faultline & Real Men Cry. Way less polished, but by being so actually allows the songs themselves to come through....

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
04-19-2002 08:08 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
jc
Luteous Llama

SPOSE... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

its a bit to late to jump on the AC wagon?
sounds like I missed something rather cool here.
(and Im not even scottish!-just cheap)
JiMiNY
04-19-2002 09:05 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Avocado Club

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH