Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » darn floor big bite » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (6): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page darn floor big bite
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
huha
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 06-13-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by All in the All and All
quote:
Originally posted by BD
joey has gone over to the mugs side Crying

I've got him praying a rosary every day now...

for all of you lost sinners!!!!!!!

huha
07-05-2003 19:31 huha is offline Homepage of huha Search for Posts by huha Add huha to your Buddy List
All in the All and All
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 06-22-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by huha
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by BD
joey has gone over to the mugs side Crying

I've got him praying a rosary every day now...

for all of you lost sinners!!!!!!!

huha

I'm the only one who knows what "huha" means, so nee ner na ner nee noo.

Aren't you just dying to know what it means? Should I tell you? Well...maybe not quite yet. Unless someone's really really interested, maybe then I can at least drop a hint.
AAA
07-05-2003 22:20 All in the All and All is offline Send an Email to All in the All and All Search for Posts by All in the All and All Add All in the All and All to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

It seems to come up in the context of that's a "load of hooey". But sure, drop a hint.

07-05-2003 22:23 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
All in the All and All
Unsullied Affiche

Well, hmmm, I don't know, the word has been a personal secret for over half a year now; and it probably won't win me any friends. Although it was only devised as a coping mechanism for me, not necessarily as a malicious tearing down of anyone.

A hint, eh? Let's see... well, here's two:
1) Your assumption is on the right track.
2) "huha" is an acronym for...some description of how soemone's acting at a given time.
07-05-2003 22:40 All in the All and All is offline Send an Email to All in the All and All Search for Posts by All in the All and All Add All in the All and All to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Shocked

07-06-2003 09:59 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Head Up His burro - Huha

07-06-2003 10:00 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Space Ghost
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-228.jpg

Registration Date: 02-07-2003

"Down to the black bridge of sighs..."

I love that lyric

SG

Makes the color of right

Gravity and distance
Change the passage of light
Gravity and distance
Change the color of right

07-06-2003 11:37 Space Ghost is offline Send an Email to Space Ghost Search for Posts by Space Ghost Add Space Ghost to your Buddy List
El Diablo
Sublime Brain Puppet

images/avatars/avatar-457.gif

Registration Date: 12-15-2002
Location: most of you wouldn't know God if you saw him walking down the street in a green robe.... Kenneth Copeland

Bowed to the father of lies

She hangs on the edge of forever.... Evil

07-06-2003 11:45 El Diablo is offline Send an Email to El Diablo Search for Posts by El Diablo Add El Diablo to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Wow

07-06-2003 11:56 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

More shameless posting brought to you by Mark

07-06-2003 12:54 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
All in the All and All
Unsullied Affiche

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
Head Up His burro - Huha

You're right!!! That's exactly what it meant/means. Sorry BD; that's what you got for going Roll Eyes to everything for a while there. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I figured if someone was just going to roll their eyes at me, write me off, and not talk reasonably to me, I'd just throw up my arms and say he/she had their huha. Beats getting into a tizzy about it.

Like I say, it was/is more of a coping mechanism than a personal attack on anyone.

BTW, huha in advance to any smarty-aleck "huha", "rolleye", etc. responses. Big Grin

Maybe I'll have to think of another mystery acronym, word, or phrase now. Big Grin
AAA
07-06-2003 13:00 All in the All and All is offline Send an Email to All in the All and All Search for Posts by All in the All and All Add All in the All and All to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Big Grin I thought I was right.

07-06-2003 13:50 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
quote:
Head Up His burro - Huha

You're right!!! That's exactly what it meant/means. Sorry BD; that's what you got for going Roll Eyes to everything for a while there. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Roll Eyes

I could tell you what I mean by the rolling eyes, but it's not as nice as your acronym.

Wink
BD

07-06-2003 13:56 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Shocked

07-06-2003 14:03 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

Ok Mugs,

you'll have to give a quick review after only a few listens, then another review 6 months later. I bet they would be a little different. That album seems to grow and grow on you with time.

BD
07-06-2003 14:44 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

It may have originally been one of the harder albums to get into, but it sure is good.

07-06-2003 15:55 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
All in the All and All
Unsullied Affiche

Those usually seem like the best ones; its like it takes time to perceive exactly what the artist was trying to do.

With Phil Keaggy's "Inseperable" cd, I'm still taking "baby steps" with it, because it was such a major shift of sound. But everytime I play it, I pick up on something cool, or deep, that I didn't notice before. Its a pretty deep piece of work.

Those are the kinds of albums where the musician totally sold out to the art, and those types of albums usually stand the test of time pretty well.

Thanks for the warnings though; I'll listen with low expectations and hope to be surprised. From the way Joey is describing it, I was thinking I'd be slain with ecstasy from the first note. Well, from what everyone's saying, I'm sure that the ecstasy with dfbb will at least come sooner or later, anyways.
AAA
07-06-2003 20:18 All in the All and All is offline Send an Email to All in the All and All Search for Posts by All in the All and All Add All in the All and All to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

I haven't heard that PK CD.

DFBB is unlike anything you've ever heard. I can't think of anything else like it, except to say it's an extension of Fearful Symmetry. Other than that I can't think of any other band or album to compare it to.

07-06-2003 20:21 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
All in the All and All
Unsullied Affiche

quote:
I haven't heard that PK CD.

Its ridiculously laid back; and its hard to listen to the whole thing through, becasue you might fall asleep. However there seems to be really neat, though laid back, musical landscapses to all of the songs; and all of the lyrics are pretty deep. It has the feel of like you're in the middle of a very holy cathedral. Definitely an artist hard at work on that one, rather than one of his standard pop/rock/folk/gutitar hero albums.

quote:

DFBB is unlike anything you've ever heard. I can't think of anything else like it, except to say it's an extension of Fearful Symmetry. Other than that I can't think of any other band or album to compare it to.

Hurry up and send it Joey, hurry up!!!!
07-06-2003 20:38 All in the All and All is offline Send an Email to All in the All and All Search for Posts by All in the All and All Add All in the All and All to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

I was thinking this was another PK instrumental. I guees it's not.

07-06-2003 20:39 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Pages (6): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » darn floor big bite

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH