Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » I GOT IT! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (6): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page I GOT IT!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-21-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That's true, but now that they've put out a DVD, they'll need to write some new jokes.
07-09-2003 16:42 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The jokes are so old!

they do new jokes all the time but the old ones still crack me up for some reason.

"we used to play the big rooms" ok, that one I don't laugh at anymore. Roll Eyes

07-09-2003 17:35 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

oh, I am playing the DVD while I type....

Big Grin

07-09-2003 17:35 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
beatlenut
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Must have DA and 77's DVD Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Got the DVD in Illinois today. Jeffrey K. you are the greatest! This is so cool. Now all we need is a 77's DVD and a Daniel Amos DVD and it would be a perfect world.
07-09-2003 17:40 beatlenut is offline Send an Email to beatlenut Search for Posts by beatlenut Add beatlenut to your Buddy List
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Hey Burd! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by brd2yrmother
I sure hope mine comes today. I'll be in LA all day tomorrow visiting some schools, so it'd be nice to watch it tonight as a pick me up.

Will you be anywhere near Burbank? If you want to stop by Dick Clark Productions we could meet, get pumped up for the show and I'll give you the quick tour.

-ZZZZZip

August 2005
07-09-2003 17:40 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-21-2003

That would be cool, but I'll be with my boss and we'll be in the bad part of town (Watts and Pico and Union). I'll probably be back before long though.
07-09-2003 17:55 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

shoot me an email when you want to come by.

August 2005
07-09-2003 17:58 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by beatlenut
Got the DVD in Illinois today. Jeffrey K. you are the greatest! This is so cool. Now all we need is a 77's DVD and a Daniel Amos DVD and it would be a perfect world.

uh nevermind

07-09-2003 18:15 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Thanks for the info AOTP. How've you been doing? You haven't been here much lately.

07-09-2003 19:31 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 06-28-2002

thanks... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

First off...thanks for the kind words about the DVD. I am thrilled people are enjoying it as much as they are.

To answer some questions...there was over 2 hours of footage from the concert. The guys played many many songs, but some had mistakes, some had a sound issue here and there, and really, had we used the entire show it would have been REALLY long and I think the film would have suffered. Many of the songs they played were of the quiet slow type, and watching the raw footage it became apparent to me that if we used all of it people would lose interest halfway through. That isn't to say that the band isn't or wasn't entertaining, but it's one thing to sit in a room while it happens live, it's another to sit on your couch and be totally captivated by something for more than an hour or so. Personally I think the flow of the film is the best it could have been, and it's really enjoyable to watch in it's edited form.

As far as between song screwing around, to be honest there wasn't a lot of it that night. I think the guys were conscious that they were being filmed, and kept the horsing around to a minimum. We left in the stuff that made sense, but you have to understand, we were trying to push past the "fan film" thing and create something...more. Maybe that sounds pretentious, but it isn't meant to. I just wanted something that would make the guys look like the pros that they are, but still show their heart and humor, but in a totally artistic and beautiful way. Anyway...

Enough from me...I'm totally caught up with filling orders, so I thought I'd just drop in and see what condition my condition was in...or something like that.

All my best,

jeffrey k.
www.lo-fidelity.com

07-09-2003 22:43 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
anne
A Hot Wolly

just popping in to say... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

...hey kids Cool

fun to read about the great time some of you had at cstone this year Smile

instead of going to cstone last week, i had to move to florida. i've been working very hard at not thinking about how depressing that trade-off was. (yep, it's all about repression.)

i did order the dogs DVD, though... can't wait to see it!!!

peace -
07-09-2003 23:03 anne is offline Send an Email to anne Homepage of anne Search for Posts by anne Add anne to your Buddy List
tafkak-9
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 03-19-2003

quote:
Originally posted by anne
...hey kids Cool

fun to read about the great time some of you had at cstone this year Smile

instead of going to cstone last week, i had to move to florida. i've been working very hard at not thinking about how depressing that trade-off was. (yep, it's all about repression.)

i did order the dogs DVD, though... can't wait to see it!!!

peace -

Anne,
Great to hear from you and to have you back, for a moment.
God's Blessings,
LK-9
07-09-2003 23:04 tafkak-9 is offline Send an Email to tafkak-9 Search for Posts by tafkak-9 Add tafkak-9 to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k.

Enough from me...I'm totally caught up with filling orders, so I thought I'd just drop in and see what condition my condition was in...or something like that.

All my best,

jeffrey k.
www.lo-fidelity.com

Thanks Jeff, the DVD is wonderful!

BD
07-09-2003 23:36 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
anne
A Hot Wolly

thanks LK9 Pleased
i hope to be able to visit more often now that i've got the internet connection set up in my new apartment...
...you guys post so much that it's impossible to catch up (hello to the pages of unread threads!) -- but maybe i can at least slow the rate at which i'm falling behind, eh Wink
07-10-2003 02:55 anne is offline Send an Email to anne Homepage of anne Search for Posts by anne Add anne to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Yo anne! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

Yeah, but you were moving out of OHIO.

NORTHEAST Ohio too, for crying out loud. That's GOTTA balance it all out.... Tongue

Anyway, nice to see that you could take a break from yr liberal-brainwash sessions and pay us a visit....Big Grin

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
07-10-2003 07:25 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

AGREED!
Nice to hear from you Anne dear
Ferget about all you missed- it twerent much.

(Oh except for the "accidental" death...or was it?)

Pop in and say howdy any old time
As far as LD- Chicago- man I wanna see it- am waiting fer the BBQ- may have to just dive in before that..
lata
JimInY

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
07-10-2003 07:43 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
tafkak-9
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 03-19-2003

quote:
thanks LK9 Pleased
i hope to be able to visit more often now that i've got the internet connection set up in my new apartment...
...you guys post so much that it's impossible to catch up (hello to the pages of unread threads!) -- but maybe i can at least slow the rate at which i'm falling behind, eh Wink

Just hit "clear all forums" and start afresh! That's what I do when I've been gone forever.
LK-9
07-10-2003 07:46 tafkak-9 is offline Send an Email to tafkak-9 Search for Posts by tafkak-9 Add tafkak-9 to your Buddy List
beatlenut
Esculent Eskimo

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
quote:
Originally posted by beatlenut

uh nevermind

I think I know where you're coming from. I meant "recent" concert footage from DA and the 77's. I'm happy to get the "older" stuff, if you know what I mean. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink.
07-10-2003 07:55 beatlenut is offline Send an Email to beatlenut Search for Posts by beatlenut Add beatlenut to your Buddy List
anne
A Hot Wolly

cleveland to tallahassee: a step up, or a step down?
ok, it's debatable...
but they have really big bugs here...

happy surprise: i got my dogs dvd today -- super fast service, jeffrey k! the quality is fantastic. i'm thoroughly impressed.

must get back to my liberal brainwashing now...
07-10-2003 18:33 anne is offline Send an Email to anne Homepage of anne Search for Posts by anne Add anne to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k.
First off...thanks for the kind words about the DVD. I am thrilled people are enjoying it as much as they are.

To answer some questions...there was over 2 hours of footage from the concert. The guys played many many songs, but some had mistakes, some had a sound issue here and there, and really, had we used the entire show it would have been REALLY long and I think the film would have suffered. Many of the songs they played were of the quiet slow type, and watching the raw footage it became apparent to me that if we used all of it people would lose interest halfway through. That isn't to say that the band isn't or wasn't entertaining, but it's one thing to sit in a room while it happens live, it's another to sit on your couch and be totally captivated by something for more than an hour or so. Personally I think the flow of the film is the best it could have been, and it's really enjoyable to watch in it's edited form.
As far as between song screwing around, to be honest there wasn't a lot of it that night. I think the guys were conscious that they were being filmed, and kept the horsing around to a minimum. We left in the stuff that made sense, but you have to understand, we were trying to push past the "fan film" thing and create something...more. Maybe that sounds pretentious, but it isn't meant to. I just wanted something that would make the guys look like the pros that they are, but still show their heart and humor, but in a totally artistic and beautiful way. Anyway...

All my best,

jeffrey k.
www.lo-fidelity.com

jeffrey k.

I know others are thinking it, so I will say it...
what are the chances of any of the RaW footage seeing its way on to say a "BooTLeG" VHS or DVD, i.e. Crowd footage, more solo stuff, more in between talking etc...

I know a few people that would be interested in that...

LaTeR

DaLe

07-11-2003 07:09 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Pages (6): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » I GOT IT!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH