Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Choir thread » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Choir thread
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
Try listening to Free Flying Soul and reading C.S. Lewis Peralandra!!!

That is a dare i might take. What an interesting pair!
07-18-2003 16:11 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
Cirle Slide CD
Headphones
Dark Room

Lie on your back, close eyes.

Push Play!

what?

you're still here? Tongue

07-18-2003 16:13 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

I swear I got high off of the combination. There is some kind of strong connection.

07-18-2003 16:14 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
I swear I got high off of the combination. There is some kind of strong connection.

Shocked

what if you play The Choir on one CD and "Screwtape Letters" on the other?

07-18-2003 16:15 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Heres how Dorf gets hi i igh.
07-18-2003 16:17 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Man... I love that song.

I think MBD may be my favorite... even over DFBB! Shocked

07-18-2003 16:18 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Quick! Get Joey a tranquilizer!
07-18-2003 16:19 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

what guys, just a sec... we can talk this over... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

sorry... I didn't mean that!

Don't take me down!

Noooooo! Shocked

07-18-2003 16:20 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

There are some lines you should never cross, Dennis. Even in this DAMB place!
07-18-2003 16:22 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Tongue

I should hit the road.

It's been fun Bax! Smile )

See ya later!

07-18-2003 16:25 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Blessing on your weak end, Dennis!
07-18-2003 16:28 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

cya doc! Pleased

Cool
07-18-2003 16:30 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

quote:
quote:

Shocked

what if you play The Choir on one CD and "Screwtape Letters" on the other?

You could end up having a bad trip. I believe that's what happened to the grand pedobino about 15 years ago.

07-18-2003 16:32 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:

OK, bring it on.... tell me why I shouldn't lump them in the same "painfully overrated" box with Lucinda Williams, Sixpence Nonetheless Pretentious, and Wilco (over & out).... Tongue

Wilco... overrated?

You're hopeless.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-18-2003 16:36 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

quote:
Cirle Slide CD
Headphones
Dark Room

Lie on your back, close eyes.

Push Play!

and fall asleep.... Red Face

Tongue

Cool
07-18-2003 19:18 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
alldaycruz
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 07-20-2003

one good thing about the chior Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

one thing I like about the quire I mean choir is I can always get the cds in the clearence and used sections, but DA cds are harder to find then John Entwistle and uriah heep albums from the john Lawton days.
07-20-2003 08:59 alldaycruz is offline Send an Email to alldaycruz Search for Posts by alldaycruz Add alldaycruz to your Buddy List
Toque Boy Toque Boy is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 12-08-2002

quote:
Originally posted by alldaycruz
one thing I like about the quire I mean choir is I can always get the cds in the clearence and used sections, but DA cds are harder to find then John Entwistle and uriah heep albums from the john Lawton days.

You should check out some of our Canadian stores (such as www.houseofjames.com). We seem to have fewer fans up here than south of the border. A couple of weeks ago I found a sealed Motorcycle CD for $12.00 CDN. (This was a different store than House of James but House of James is on the internet which makes it easier to check out what is in stock and often on sale.)
07-20-2003 12:43 Toque Boy is offline Send an Email to Toque Boy Search for Posts by Toque Boy Add Toque Boy to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by carl

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
quote:

OK, bring it on.... tell me why I shouldn't lump them in the same "painfully overrated" box with Lucinda Williams, Sixpence Nonetheless Pretentious, and Wilco (over & out).... Tongue

Wilco... overrated?

Your hopeless.

My hopeless what? My hopeless WHAT? C'mon, gimme more than two adjectives to work with here.... Tongue

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
07-21-2003 09:50 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Maybe so... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
"painfully overrated"????

I dont think so- there fan club I would describe as
"painfully small"

But:

1) It seems like most everyone on "the cool lists" are ga-ga over them, and I truly can't see the point. Out of the three I bought, Speckled Bird was the only was that wasn't completely lame. (And yet I still gave it to you, right? Big Grin );

2) I don't see Terry or Mike getting nominated for any Grammies -- do you? (although this fact pretty much confirmed everything I've ever thought about the Choir AND the Grammies....)

07-21-2003 09:54 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

quote:
Originally posted by baxmaster-J
i like all of those overrated folks. But then Carl (the one from Joisey) and his alter egos are my favorite posters, so my taste must be totally off.

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
I dont think Carlos has ever been anything but hissef.

Y'r both right.... Big Grin

07-21-2003 09:58 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Pages (5): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Choir thread

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH