Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Spittle and Phlem » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Spittle and Phlem
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Lucy Lucy is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 05-16-2002

Spittle and Phlem Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey all-
Dr. Rich bought Spittle at Lifest and it has got to be Bar non one of the wierdest things I've ever seen, I mean really! It did give a better idea of the concept and attitude behind the Eddies but MAN, I mean I've seen some strange stuff befroe, but that was probably the strangest. If you don't own, be warned it's REALLY FREAKIN OUT THERE. I think if I was in a different mind so to speak I might be able to get it, but even then I doubt it .
anyway just MHO
Lucy AKA Jonny Edwards
07-15-2002 16:49 Lucy is offline Send an Email to Lucy Homepage of Lucy Search for Posts by Lucy Add Lucy to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Be forewarned! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There are definitely some spots you wouldn't show your Mom, but you have to agree it's original.

The video I would describe as...

- extremely weird (mouth-in-mouth of "I've Got An Idea")
- very funny (Lets Spin with Tim at the front end)
- a little boring (all those Eddies tryouts)
- offbeat, humorous (Camarillo apology, Terry & Pat R.)

I played the Lets Spin portion for the church youth a while back, and they loved it.

Not playable in your church social parlor to those sweet old ladies, yet worth every penny...

07-15-2002 17:02 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
jc
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

agreed Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

my daughters actually got creeped out by
I've got an Idea- and its so
" 80s MAC" with the video affects-
how bout that lounge singer????????
I DO wish that there was more "In England" Concert Video-
they just get started
now SOMEONE must have videoed the lifest show......
(ahem!)
JiMIny
07-16-2002 07:53 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Author of the Post Author of the Post is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'd seen the video before (have it on VHS), but had to get it on DVD (As a collector.) I've still not watched all of it, but I did play part of it for a friend. He now thinks I'm weirder than he originally thought. Smile I think concert footage would have been a great extra.

-- The Author of the Post
07-16-2002 08:52 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
Dr. Sticky Dr. Sticky is a male
Mind Peach

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

is there any bonus concert footage on the DVD? I thought there was going to be XXX-tra material on it? Is it just the original video put onto DVD?
07-16-2002 09:11 Dr. Sticky is offline Send an Email to Dr. Sticky Homepage of Dr. Sticky Search for Posts by Dr. Sticky Add Dr. Sticky to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

More stuff Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

In addition to the original, there is a hilarious 7-8 minute segment where Terry is walking around Cornerstone with a life-size Par Robertson.

Definitely worth seeing.

07-16-2002 09:15 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

I'm still waiting for my copy to come in the mail!!!

07-16-2002 11:14 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
anne
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
In addition to the original, there is a hilarious 7-8 minute segment where Terry is walking around Cornerstone with a life-size Par Robertson.

nada! i want to see that, but not enough to buy the dvd (not when i already own the video). i remember SEEING terry dragging the lifesize pat around at cstone, and thinking, "what the....?" Big Grin
07-16-2002 11:20 anne is offline Send an Email to anne Homepage of anne Search for Posts by anne Add anne to your Buddy List
Author of the Post Author of the Post is a male
A Hot Wolly

Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe

Definitely worth seeing.

Hmmm...I missed that part. Will have to stick it in tonight and look for it.

-- The Author of the Post
07-16-2002 12:19 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
Woolly Eggwhisk

Pat on the end Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Pat Robertson's segment is at the very end of the DVD.

A must-see...

07-16-2002 13:10 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by jc

I DO wish that there was more "In England" Concert Video-
they just get started
now SOMEONE must have videoed the lifest show......
(ahem!)
JiMIny

yes Jason did, as well as Lost Dogs, 77's ands DA Smile )

I also wish they showed more of the England show Crying

07-16-2002 13:14 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:

Definitely worth seeing.

where is that part? is that on the DVD? Confused

07-16-2002 13:14 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

It is definitely very out there. I had never seen the video, but had to get the DVD. Very strange.

07-16-2002 15:10 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Who is he? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Maybe I have too much time on my hands if I can ask this question.

Maybe I'm a little dense or getting blind in my old age. Just who is that guy playing their manager (Morty Allen?) on S&P?

Anyone know?

07-16-2002 17:19 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Woolly Eggwhisk

Oops, did we cross? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

where is that part? is that on the DVD?

Sorry, Dr. Rich. I'm not sure if I responded to your last question. If you haven't seen it already...

The DVD has three sections: the main one (also on VHS), the apology video, then the Pat R./Cornerstone segment.

07-16-2002 17:25 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Ubique Epoque

quote:
where is that part? is that on the DVD?

Sorry, Dr. Rich. I'm not sure if I responded to your last question. If you haven't seen it already...

The DVD has three sections: the main one (also on VHS), the apology video, then the Pat R./Cornerstone segment.

I fugured it out when I got home & I rushed the DVD into the player and made Patti watch it with me... with what the women puts up with Wink

thanks for pointing that out for me... it was very funny Big Grin

07-16-2002 19:48 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

quote:
then the Pat R./Cornerstone segment.

that's the main reason I'm getting the DVD, I have the video, but it's too much FF and RW just to see the live stuff at the end.

BD
07-16-2002 19:53 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by BD
quote:
then the Pat R./Cornerstone segment.

that's the main reason I'm getting the DVD, I have the video, but it's too much FF and RW just to see the live stuff at the end.

BD

I like the SE "tryouts" part of the DVD as well, it reminds me of watching bad stuff on cable access (sp?) and making fun of it... another habit of mine that drives Patti nuts Pleased

07-16-2002 20:11 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

or the part when they dub Camarillo's voice over that lounge singer. I forgot what song he sings.....but it was perfect Big Grin Big Grin

BD

07-16-2002 20:17 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by BD
or the part when they dub Camarillo's voice over that lounge singer. I forgot what song he sings.....but it was perfect Big Grin Big Grin

BD

"don't ask me how I feel"

ya... I like that whole section Big Grin

07-16-2002 20:25 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Spittle and Phlem

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH