Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Festival Incarnations » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Festival Incarnations
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Festival Incarnations Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just saw a post from a very upset person regarding Lifest and the incarnations of DA/SE/TST/77s/MR etc. My friend Larry and I kidded a little amongst ourselves when we saw this at the fest, but it wasn't a huge problem for us. Really.

Is the frustration not seeing Ed and Greg? We all know they have things that have kept them from the fests in the past, so it's certainly understandable (and BTW it was really cool to have Tim back!)

Is it that our groups had too much overlap? Maybe they did, but I wasn't disappointed. I was happy as a pig in mud just to see them again. (And at C-stone you can take that literally!) To me it's a gift every time it happens.

Were the groups not as tight as they could have been? Maybe, but they did pretty well given the amount of practice time.

Was it a problem that Terry busted a string or three? Sadly unavoidable - stuff happens.

Was it the shortness of the sets? Yeah, I understand a little where this gentleman is coming from. But I also understand that most of it was beyond the boys' control. I don't doubt for a minute that the Lifest people played a part. I'm really trying hard not to judge wrongly, but at the same time I feel they really deserve some blame here.

Many of us (including me) drove a long way to see the boys. I went there and returned on a high note. The goofs and gaffs this year won't prevent me from going the next time (if there is one.)

Peace

07-17-2002 13:26 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Lucy Lucy is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 05-16-2002

yea Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey John-I agree with you. It was fine by me. I rarely get to go see shows at all let alone Terry in any of his incarnations, it's all good with me. Yea The Lifest folks were a bot annoying, but if the boys came back I'd go no questions asked, even if it were just Terry doing a solo show. You are right it is always a gift.
Jonny/lucy
07-17-2002 14:57 Lucy is offline Send an Email to Lucy Homepage of Lucy Search for Posts by Lucy Add Lucy to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

I agree Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am sort of used to certain members of the bands
not being able to make it to the fests.. if Tims there,
Greg is not.. if Greg is there Tim is not.. Derris missed
Dogs shows before as well. Unfortunatly, they all have to keep their regular jobs which makes it hard.

But, even with that this Lifefest show in my mind was something special in the sense that it was a first
in many ways.. Mike Roe has never played with DA, the
Swirling Eddies or VOL before. Mike Stand did a really
cool job with the Swirling Eddies in my opinion. And Steve Hindalong, what can ya say? Even though he doesn't like to jam or do solos, the guy can play.. and I love seeing him play. It was a bizarre mixture that will probably never happen again. A once in a lifetime event.
I really enjoyed seeing the guys out of their element,
jamming away and almost making up the songs on the spot.
There were several times when I actually laughed outloud
at the expressions of the band members durring the Eddies set. And I though the extended experimental versions of the songs were interesting to hear.

I can understand people being irritated after driving to see the individual bands and seeing these strange incarnations, but I guess from my perspective.. I know how much work went into even getting this show done. Terry and the guys could easily have said, well all the guys can't be there.. we are tired from Cornerstone.. we didn't get a good time to rehearse.. lets call it off.
But instead they went ahead and tried to do a good interesting show despite the circumstances.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-18-2002 11:18 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Zeke Luedtke
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Great Stuff Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This was like a dream band for me, only Derri and Gene were missing. Well, maybe Gene was there in a way...
07-18-2002 13:40 Zeke Luedtke is offline Send an Email to Zeke Luedtke Search for Posts by Zeke Luedtke Add Zeke Luedtke to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Zeke Luedtke
This was like a dream band for me, only Derri and Gene were missing. Well, maybe Gene was there in a way...

I like to think that Gene was there.

I like all the weird groupings... it was funny I thought to see different band names on the signs and the same dudes getting up on stage time after timeBig Grin

The 77's and VOL was great... I have seen the 77's a few times before, but that was a fun loose set of mostly covers, with two 77's songs (Mercy Mercy & The Lust, The Flesh, etc...)

I was a little bummed derri & greg and Ed or Dave were not there... but it was a lot of fun and a very special night.

who can french about that?
not me Smile )

07-18-2002 16:53 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Lucy Lucy is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 05-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"It was a bizarre mixture that will probably never happen again. A once in a lifetime event."

Hey -considering this...I know you guys videotaped all the shows. Is there any chance of the audio or the actual video being sold in the future? I would be STOKED to get a copy no matter the quality. Whatever it takes!!
Jonny/Lucy
07-18-2002 17:06 Lucy is offline Send an Email to Lucy Homepage of Lucy Search for Posts by Lucy Add Lucy to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Lucy

"It was a bizarre mixture that will probably never happen again. A once in a lifetime event."

Hey -considering this...I know you guys videotaped all the shows. Is there any chance of the audio or the actual video being sold in the future? I would be STOKED to get a copy no matter the quality. Whatever it takes!!
Jonny/Lucy

I expect a DVD of The Eddies at the very least Smile
I just hope the sound came out good on the video.

07-18-2002 17:09 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Festival Incarnations

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH