Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » ten songs... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page ten songs...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by Dr Rich
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BD
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich

oh boo-hoo
Baby

me? boo-hoo?

??????

no, me

Wink

07-22-2002 19:51 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by BD
quote:

oh boo-hoo
Baby

me? boo-hoo?

??????

no, me

Wink

heh heh

BD
07-22-2002 19:52 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

yeah... I am a little babyBig Grin

see?

I am...

Baby

07-22-2002 20:05 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

let the baby have his bottle - homer
07-22-2002 20:08 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by BD
let the baby have his bottle - homer

let me have his bottle -dennis Big Grin

07-22-2002 20:13 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Author of the Post Author of the Post is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

I was driving last night with 10 Songs playing and I picked up my best friend to go have dinner. He was snapping and tapping away to the music. He really liked it on a first listen. It was nice to see that the album had more than just sentimental value but some really good music. Today, of course, it does have that retro feel. It captures the late 80s while still being ahead of its time (some of the instrumentation reminds me of the goth and light industrial music of the early 90s.)

-- TAotP
07-23-2002 08:43 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
Dr. Sticky Dr. Sticky is a male
Mind Peach

all this talk about the reissue has forced me to pull out my original cd version of it and give it a listen. I never really cared for it too much, but listening to it over this past weekend really tore at me. I was in a mood this weekend for some old greats. that even reflected on my radio show this past sunday (which is up at www.greencouchstudios.com). I started the show off with "Sad Face" by The Choir and later played "My Room" from Alarma. I, unfortunately, didn't get to play any old AA, but i played a new 77's and was really in the mood for Mike's solo work. "Hold Dearly to Me" played over and over again on Sunday. Rock!
07-23-2002 09:31 Dr. Sticky is offline Send an Email to Dr. Sticky Homepage of Dr. Sticky Search for Posts by Dr. Sticky Add Dr. Sticky to your Buddy List
kevinf
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 04-30-2002

ten songs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

BTW, the reissue was remastered. Not to put too fine a point on it, how does it sound?
07-23-2002 09:56 kevinf is offline Send an Email to kevinf Search for Posts by kevinf Add kevinf to your Buddy List
Dr. Sticky Dr. Sticky is a male
Mind Peach

quote:
Originally posted by kevinf
Not to put too fine a point on it,

say i'm the only bee in your bonnett
07-23-2002 10:00 Dr. Sticky is offline Send an Email to Dr. Sticky Homepage of Dr. Sticky Search for Posts by Dr. Sticky Add Dr. Sticky to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
BTW, the reissue was remastered. Not to put too fine a point on it, how does it sound?

sounds good!

I haven't played the two versions back to back....

I guess maybe I should?

BD
07-23-2002 10:08 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

fresh retro... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I heard 10 songs for the first time about 1 year ago..
and agree it has a definite 80s sound, but it still sounds fresh.
songs like beat peculiar alone are trophies,
and the other tunes just move-
I wish I had danced to it long ago........
JiMInY
07-23-2002 10:18 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
A Hot Wolly

Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Sticky
quote:

Make a little birdhouse in your soul!

-- TAotP
07-23-2002 10:56 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
A Hot Wolly

quote:
Originally posted by jc
I heard 10 songs for the first time about 1 year ago..
and agree it has a definite 80s sound, but it still sounds fresh.
songs like beat peculiar alone are trophies,
and the other tunes just move-
I wish I had danced to it long ago........
JiMInY

For me the Tenth Song is the real gem. The lyrics alone are haunting, touching, and inspiraional. I love piano, and the goth-type etherial music that comes in after the lyrics finish then followed by a reprise of Babylon....WOW!!! And this was pre-Enigma. Sort of reminds me of This Mortal Coil.

-- TAotP
07-23-2002 11:00 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
kevinf
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 04-30-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Author of the Post
quote:
quote:

-- TAotP

You knuckleheads! Sheesh!
07-23-2002 11:01 kevinf is offline Send an Email to kevinf Search for Posts by kevinf Add kevinf to your Buddy List
A Hot Wolly

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Author of the Post
quote:
quote:

-- TAotP

You knuckleheads! Sheesh!

What? They Might Be Giants rock!! I remember "Little Birdhouse in your Soul" being the most popular song on my first religious retreat. We all sang it non-stop that weekend.

-- TAotP
07-23-2002 11:15 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 06-28-2002

ten songs art... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Author of the Post
So why was the re-release done with a black & white cover. I remember the original begin in color. Right?

Yeah it was...but the purpose of doing it in black and white was to set it apart from the original....it keeps the original, the original..and the re-release becomes it's own thing.

Also, for the guy that was "miffed" about not seeing a track number for the bonus track...well, it would have looked odd to have a record called "Ten Songs" and then list 11 tracks! But really...it's how Greg Lawless wanted it, and I agreed with his thoughts on it, so it stayed hidden. It was either hide the track, or have a second disc with one song, and that would have been lame.

all my best,

jeffrey k.
www.lo-fidelity.com

07-23-2002 11:37 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
A Hot Wolly

quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k.

Also, for the guy that was "miffed" about not seeing a track number for the bonus track...well, it would have looked odd to have a record called "Ten Songs" and then list 11 tracks! But really...it's how Greg Lawless wanted it, and I agreed with his thoughts on it, so it stayed hidden. It was either hide the track, or have a second disc with one song, and that would have been lame.

I said "at first I was miffed." I thought that I'd heard about a bonus track but then there was none. When I found that the bonus track was included, all miffed feelings went away. My miffness was only due to thinking the bonus track did not exist, not that it wasn't listed.

Just wanted to clarify.

I love the CD re-release!!!

And it would be odd to list an 11th track on 10 Song.

-- taotp
07-23-2002 11:42 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
Ubique Epoque

I got the re-issue in the mail on Saturday and I think it sounds great! They did a good job on the re-release.

I don't think it has that strong of an 80's vibe (if anything a little bit of James Brown!)

I really like having the lyrics. Those are some great songs... some really deep songs... and they really jam on that disc.

A must for any adam again fan Smile

BTW... did AA only release 5 records? Confused

07-29-2002 17:41 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:

What can you say, the impossible happens..... Crying

07-29-2002 17:53 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
quote:

What can you say, the impossible happens..... Crying

that's what I thought.

Is Perfecta out of print?

BTW "They might be giants" kicks burro Big Grin

07-29-2002 17:55 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » ten songs...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH