Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » AUDIORIs Of GOD » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page AUDIORIs Of GOD
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

AUDIORIs Of GOD Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm listening to the Orphans Of God tribute to Mark Heard. Did you fine fellows have anything to do with this swell release? I know your love for Mark equals or eclipses your love for Danny Amos (hence your name) so I wonder if you'd worked your magic there before.

-Fripple

August 2005
08-20-2003 18:26 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

zip.. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I love MH - and was a fan "before hand" - well- before second hand....
but have not heard the heard tribute. (sorry...)
Its on my list- but not my short one ...yet.

I think its interesting that DA dedicated 2 projects to mark- Motorcycle and Zoom Daddy.
MH was very involved with the Choir.. and of course MH was involved with LN - and the Sam Phillps connection is the sweetest of all......the tangled web is a wonderful weave.
JiminY

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
08-20-2003 19:08 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Thread Starter Thread Started by zippetydoodaddy
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's not on your short one? It should be.

Tribute albums are a great way to find great music that, in this case, has been an influence on your own favorites. This one is especially great because of the heavy mix of Christian and Secular artists.

It's almost like a big fat game of Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon. Who knew The Call was cool after the 80s? If you'd never heard of Tonio K before you would now be looking for his dirty little albums. And what about the inimitable Victoria Williams. She and her Jayhawk husband turn a Heard heavy into a backyard BBQ of the piggy squealing kind. And now, I see all these guys as part of a family of great musicians.

It's especially interesting to see how Terry and the boys can swipe the spotlight from the likes of Bruce Cockburn. They cover the same song and it's obvious who makes a better record. Seriously, it's worth the price just for the DA cover and when you consider the value of the musical introduction you get from the other participants you really can't get a better bargain.

-zip

and you gotta love that bildo mallonee

August 2005
08-20-2003 19:39 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

RE: AUDIORIs Of GOD Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We didn't have anything to do with the two tribute discs. I can't remember what year we first started doing stuff for Fingerprint, but I think it was a little after those releases.

Its a cool tribute.. a few songs I usually skip, but most of them are pretty good. A lot of great bands.... Chagall Guevara, DA, The Choir, Stonehill, Ashley Cleveland, Tonio K, Carolyn Arends, Bruce Cockburn, VOL, The Call, Victoria WIlliams, Julie Miller, etc, etc.... we actually wanted to get some of those for the DA store.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
08-20-2003 22:22 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Orphans Of God is the single greatest tribute CD ever recorded and released in the history of music.

08-21-2003 07:56 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
ToryNotion
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 07-27-2003

RE: AUDIORIs Of GOD Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by zippetydoodaddy
I'm listening to the Orphans Of God tribute to Mark Heard. Did you fine fellows have anything to do with this swell release? I know your love for Mark equals or eclipses your love for Danny Amos (hence your name) so I wonder if you'd worked your magic there before.

-Fripple

Please forgive my ignorance, but what is the connection between the word 'audiori' and DA and/or Mark Heard? I'm not a true fan, ya see and....

08-21-2003 09:40 ToryNotion is offline Send an Email to ToryNotion Search for Posts by ToryNotion Add ToryNotion to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Please forgive my ignorance, but what is the connection between the word 'audiori' and DA and/or Mark Heard? I'm not a true fan, ya see and....

yer not alone there bud
..and its NOW on my short list....

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
08-21-2003 10:05 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
ToryNotion
Mind Peach

Who is Giovanni Audiori?
Who is Gilbert Grape, for that matter.
And 'Bring me the Head of Alfredo Garcia' while you're at it.

08-21-2003 10:22 ToryNotion is offline Send an Email to ToryNotion Search for Posts by ToryNotion Add ToryNotion to your Buddy List
ToryNotion
Mind Peach

I'm guessing that Giovanni Audiori was a psuedonymn Mark Heard used.
I noticed that he did a lot of work with Pat Terry. I saw the Pat Terry Band play in Tulsa, OK in '78 or '79. Wonder if Mark Heard was with him then.
Maybe to early.

08-21-2003 11:10 ToryNotion is offline Send an Email to ToryNotion Search for Posts by ToryNotion Add ToryNotion to your Buddy List
ToryNotion
Mind Peach

Found on the web (how did I ever live w/o google):

To purchase the reissue of Mark's first album Setting Yesterday Free (recorded with the group Infinity Plus Three), or the reissue of Mark's selftitled first solo album, both albums released on CD, contact Fingerprint Records or Giovanni Audiori, PO Box 5, Wentzville, MO 63385-0005 (Checks/money orders payable to "Eric Townsend").

Ok so, Giovanni Audiori is a pseudonym for Eric T, aka, audiori?

08-21-2003 13:42 ToryNotion is offline Send an Email to ToryNotion Search for Posts by ToryNotion Add ToryNotion to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by ToryNotion
Found on the web (how did I ever live w/o google):

To purchase the reissue of Mark's first album Setting Yesterday Free (recorded with the group Infinity Plus Three), or the reissue of Mark's selftitled first solo album, both albums released on CD, contact Fingerprint Records or Giovanni Audiori, PO Box 5, Wentzville, MO 63385-0005 (Checks/money orders payable to "Eric Townsend").

Ok so, Giovanni Audiori is a pseudonym for Eric T, aka, audiori?

No, actually Giovanni Audiori is a name Mark Heard used occasionally. Back when we did those releases for Fingerprint, we were putting out a small paper called "The Giovanni Audiori Catalog" - titled in honor of Mark. It was a paper that included ads from folks like Stunt Records, Solid Rock, Fingerprint and other small labels + lots of record collectors selling off their collection. The above address should have said "Giovanni Audiori Catalog".

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
08-21-2003 14:13 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
ToryNotion
Mind Peach

So do you have any extra copies of the early VOL releases on Fingerprint laying around? Actually forget the VOL. If you could just somehow get DA web store order #3046 of 7/7/2003 and Lost Dogs web store order #3353
of 7/26/2003 into my mailbox I'd be most appreciative.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by ToryNotion: 08-21-2003 14:36.

08-21-2003 14:23 ToryNotion is offline Send an Email to ToryNotion Search for Posts by ToryNotion Add ToryNotion to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by ToryNotion
So do you have any extra copies of the early VOL releases on Fingerprint laying around?

Nope. Fingerprint might.

quote:

Actually forget the VOL. If you could just somehow get DA web store order #3046 of 7/7/2003 and Lost Dogs web store order #3353
of 7/26/2003 into my mailbox I'd be most appreciative.

Think we already talked to you about reshipping them, didn't we?

08-21-2003 14:58 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
ToryNotion
Mind Peach

Thats right. We had an email exchange the middle of last week and you said you'd resend them. Open the box and put the Lost Dogs (SR,NCT)
in w/ the DA. Send HD when you had more stock.

08-21-2003 15:03 ToryNotion is offline Send an Email to ToryNotion Search for Posts by ToryNotion Add ToryNotion to your Buddy List
Administrator

Yeah, ok.. thought I was thinking of the right person.

BTW, finally heard back from Solid Rock.. guess the new shipment of HD should be on its way.

08-21-2003 15:38 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
ToryNotion
Mind Peach

My posting got interrupted by 'Real Life'... Could you send me an email or PM with the latest info about my order. I'd really, really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Mike Byers

08-21-2003 16:51 ToryNotion is offline Send an Email to ToryNotion Search for Posts by ToryNotion Add ToryNotion to your Buddy List
El Diablo
Sublime Brain Puppet

images/avatars/avatar-457.gif

Registration Date: 12-15-2002
Location: most of you wouldn't know God if you saw him walking down the street in a green robe.... Kenneth Copeland

yes, privately... the rest of us don't care..... Roll Eyes

08-21-2003 16:54 El Diablo is offline Send an Email to El Diablo Search for Posts by El Diablo Add El Diablo to your Buddy List
ToryNotion
Mind Peach

quote:
Originally posted by El Diablo
yes, privately... the rest of us don't care..... Roll Eyes

Get thee behind me.... Shocked

08-21-2003 17:50 ToryNotion is offline Send an Email to ToryNotion Search for Posts by ToryNotion Add ToryNotion to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » AUDIORIs Of GOD

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH