Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Compliments from a New Listener » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Compliments from a New Listener
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
eric peterson eric peterson is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 09-07-2003

Compliments from a New Listener Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey guys-

I'm not even exactly sure if I'm on the right board here, but I came into knowledge of Terry S. Taylor's music earlier this year, and I must say:

THIS MAN IS GREAT!!

I dunno if he patrols these boards or not, but I've heard a wide variety of his guitar playing and orchestration, and my jaw is still on the floor. As a guitar player myself, I'm very very glad I found a few releases of his (Thanks to Director/Animator Doug TenNapel); it's some of the most versatile music I've heard.

Kudos to Mr. Taylor for inspiring another musician! Keep up the good work!

Eric Peterson,
Filmmaker and Music-Man.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by eric peterson: 09-07-2003 04:06.

09-07-2003 04:03 eric peterson is offline Send an Email to eric peterson Search for Posts by eric peterson Add eric peterson to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of eric peterson: stringyfilmguy View the MSN Profile for eric peterson
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

RE: Compliments from a New Listener Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Eric,
Nice words, and we all agree with ya! Uncle Terry is the man.
Welcome!
LK-9

09-07-2003 09:25 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Welcome Eric!

Uncle Terry amazes us all. i have just assigned my jaw the role of carpet sweeper.
09-07-2003 10:33 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Terry is brilliant. I encourage you to get your hands on everything he's ever worked on. I noticed that you say you are a filmmaker. What kind of work do you do?

09-07-2003 15:00 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Normal Noggin

Thread Starter Thread Started by eric peterson

I edit commercials to pay the bills. In my spare time I do oddjobs for friends in LA, and my own stuff.

www.badkarmaproductions.com is my website. I'm trying to finish the new version of it today, since I haven't updated that baby for about a year. Check it out later to see my recent stuff.

Terry Taylor actually scored a movie I'm editing. You can catch the teaser for it here .

09-07-2003 15:10 eric peterson is offline Send an Email to eric peterson Search for Posts by eric peterson Add eric peterson to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of eric peterson: stringyfilmguy View the MSN Profile for eric peterson
Grand Encephalon

I'm having a hard time getting the teaser to load. I'll try it again later. Cool stuff though. How did Terry get involved in the movie and do you know when they plan to release it?

09-07-2003 15:38 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Ahhhhhhh... Mothman Smile

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
09-07-2003 15:56 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Normal Noggin

I'm still cutting it. No release date planned yet, but rest assured it well be soon. Very soon. Stay tuned to www.tennapel.com or www.badkarmaproductions.com for info.

Terry's music on it is GREAT.

Audiori- You're familiar with Mothman? It's been around awhile.

Dorf- What kinda system are you viewing it on? I'm reasonably new to web design, so I might've encoded it wrong. I just used standard Sorensen codecs for encoding it. One thing to note though: It preloads, so try waiting a few minutes. I know on standard Windows Internet Explorers, you can tell if it's working by an icon in the lower left of your browser that says "Loading".

09-07-2003 16:37 eric peterson is offline Send an Email to eric peterson Search for Posts by eric peterson Add eric peterson to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of eric peterson: stringyfilmguy View the MSN Profile for eric peterson
Administrator

You can view it with Quicktime. We actually clicked on your link and Saved Target
to the harddrive and loaded it in from there.

Pretty cool trailer! Can't wait for this thing to be out, it's about time. Smile

jason and eric

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
09-07-2003 17:50 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
DrDanAmos DrDanAmos is a male
Dignified Lazar

images/avatars/avatar-628.gif

Registration Date: 09-06-2003

I am very glad to see Mothman is still coming, as I have wondered what happened to this project since I first saw it announced.

BTW, did anybody else think for a moment that Mothman Prophecies might have been the Terry Taylor scored movie? I was disappointed when I learned it wasn't!

upload photos to paste code
09-07-2003 20:35 DrDanAmos is offline Send an Email to DrDanAmos Search for Posts by DrDanAmos Add DrDanAmos to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

quote:
Originally posted by eric peterson
I'm still cutting it. No release date planned yet, but rest assured it well be soon. Very soon. Stay tuned to www.tennapel.com or www.badkarmaproductions.com for info.

Terry's music on it is GREAT.

Audiori- You're familiar with Mothman? It's been around awhile.

Dorf- What kinda system are you viewing it on? I'm reasonably new to web design, so I might've encoded it wrong. I just used standard Sorensen codecs for encoding it. One thing to note though: It preloads, so try waiting a few minutes. I know on standard Windows Internet Explorers, you can tell if it's working by an icon in the lower left of your browser that says "Loading".

I'm going to try it again. I have quicktime. I am really looking foreward to the movie.

Audiori, has anybody sent Terry's CD's to independant film companies? Independant films usually have great music and Terry's stuff is right up their ally. Could you imagine how cool it would be if One More Time made it to a movie soundtrack?

09-07-2003 22:43 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Normal Noggin

Does anyone else here have the Double CD that has all of Terry's work with the Neverhood games?

09-07-2003 22:50 eric peterson is offline Send an Email to eric peterson Search for Posts by eric peterson Add eric peterson to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of eric peterson: stringyfilmguy View the MSN Profile for eric peterson
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by DrDanAmos
I am very glad to see Mothman is still coming, as I have wondered what happened to this project since I first saw it announced.

BTW, did anybody else think for a moment that Mothman Prophecies might have been the Terry Taylor scored movie? I was disappointed when I learned it wasn't!

Yes, i did think that and was disappointed also.
09-07-2003 23:34 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

quote:
Originally posted by eric peterson
Does anyone else here have the Double CD that has all of Terry's work with the Neverhood games?

yes, yes we do. Pleased
09-08-2003 00:04 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Wink Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It does me good to see a biddy smile!
09-08-2003 00:11 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Administrator

The Neverhood games were cool, and the soundtrack was too.

As for sending his music to indipendant film places or whatever,
we'd send some if we have a name and address. That's exactly the kind
of idea or info we've been asking for.

09-08-2003 06:49 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by baxter
It does me good to see a biddy smile!

09-08-2003 20:57 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

Nice teaser. Cool

Roll Eyes

Not you BigDork!!

~Groucho~
09-08-2003 21:27 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

Hi Eric! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Welcome to the Daniel Amos Message Board.........or, as we like to call it, the DAmb Smile

We're always glad to see new converts....................hang around, and visit the off topic side (if you dare)........we're a LOT silly, but we enjoy the banter.

Give a listen to a few of my favorites:
Knowledge & Innocence
Mr. Buechner's Dream

and the Lost Dogs, too Smile

my newest favorite?
Little Red Riding Hood

(I'm kind of a newbie here myself, though............so maybe some of the veterans can give you some interesting leads, too Smile )

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

09-08-2003 21:48 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Grand Encephalon

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
The Neverhood games were cool, and the soundtrack was too.

As for sending his music to indipendant film places or whatever,
we'd send some if we have a name and address. That's exactly the kind
of idea or info we've been asking for.

My brother in law sends his stuff to a lot of independant film companies. I'll start looking up some of them and send you the website addresses. If you think they might like Terry's stuff, they usually have an address to send it to. I think there are huge posibilities there. Tongue

09-08-2003 22:20 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Compliments from a New Listener

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH