Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » question » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page question
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
questionit
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 07-24-2002

question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Okay, I don't want to start a huge discussion, but I have a question. I used to be a fundie (15 years...wow Smile however, now-I am an atheist....don't stone me! However, I still love DA's stuff. I stopped listening around Darn Floor Big Bite...I just bought Mr. B's dream...and, wow..how great is that disc.?!?!? I just wany some guidance (not spiritual Smile ) on what to get next. My favorite discs are Horrendous Disc and the new Lost Dogs discs...what else should I get? Plese don't take this as a topic for discussion on atheism...I just want some guidance since amazon doesn't help much...thanks for your help....Chris
07-24-2002 22:14 questionit is offline Send an Email to questionit Search for Posts by questionit Add questionit to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think I saw your review on Amazon.com and I almost brought it to the attention of the message board, but decided against it.
Anything by Lost Dogs is sure to please- there is a great deal of talent in that group. I'm no expert, but I just got Green Room serenade and Little Red Riding Hood this evening. I haven't heard LRRH yet, but Green Room Serenade is outstanding.
I polled the message board and the consensus I got was that of the Daniel Amos CDs- Mr Buechner's Dream is a very good one to get and it's still widely available. The rest of the group on this board surely knows more than I, but I'll find you some links others sent me in a minute.

07-24-2002 22:36 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: Bleak human landscape, flat roofed houses, bad breath, vacant lots and murder evidence. God saves and leads a remnant of scraggly, faithless people, in spite of themsleves and just because he feels like it.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by questionit
Okay, I don't want to start a huge discussion, but I have a question. I used to be a fundie (15 years...wow Smile however, now-I am an atheist....don't stone me! However, I still love DA's stuff. I stopped listening around Darn Floor Big Bite...I just bought Mr. B's dream...and, wow..how great is that disc.?!?!? I just wany some guidance (not spiritual Smile ) on what to get next. My favorite discs are Horrendous Disc and the new Lost Dogs discs...what else should I get? Plese don't take this as a topic for discussion on atheism...I just want some guidance since amazon doesn't help much...thanks for your help....Chris

The best advice is to go into the danielamos.com and lostdogs.com webstores and buy everything you can :-)
Especially Zoom Daddy by the Swirlng Eddies

I'd also suggest 77s.com - Golden filed of radioactive crows is freakin' brilliant.

Try also thechoir.net some good stuff there - especially Flap your wings.

And after that repent sinner! :p Smile

07-24-2002 22:37 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
Disjasked Lerna

From Bowling Pin
quote:
As for where to start with DA, Mr. Buechner's Dream is a very good place. Especially since it's still pretty new. I would recommend some of their earlier stuff, especially The Alarma Chronicles, but it sounds like a lot of people here have troubles finding other DA material. I still don't get that. But if you don't have that problem by you, I'd definitely go pick that bookset up. Or buy the individual CDs (Alarma, Doppelganger, Vox Humana, Fearful Symmetry) if the cost of the whole set is too prohibitive (but it is 4 CDs for the price of 2, if you think about it that way).

The Lost Dogs albums (which feature Terry Taylor, Mike Roe of the 77s, Derri Daugherty of The Choir and until recently "the late, great" Gene Eugene of Adam Again) are very accessible as well, especially the first two (Scenic Routes and Little Red Riding Hood). Best Of is a very good place to start, since it has a lot from both of those CDs.

07-24-2002 22:39 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Disjasked Lerna

From TM
quote:
when it comes to the skinny on TST (Terry Scott Taylor) here it is;

Mr. Buechner's Dream - DA

Gift Horse - Lost Dogs

Zoom Daddy - Swirling Eddies

Motorcycle -DA

Dr. Edward Daniel Taylor - ?

Outdoor Elvis - Swirling Eddies

Let's Spin - Swirling Eddies

Darn Floor, Big Bite (DFBB) - DA

Vox Humana - DA

and I oughta know! I work at a Christian bookstore-

07-24-2002 22:41 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Disjasked Lerna

From jc
quote:
Don't sell short
Kalhoun- its probably one of the 'prettiest' albums,
Flowing glowing guitars
PLUS- I am really getin into Bibleland- its been a bit underrated-
Till I recently read that the whole thing is recorded LIVE in the Studio, mostly on first takes!!!!!!.
See if you and your friends can turn on the mikes, plug things in, start the tape
And get anything CLOSE to the beauty of Broken Ladders, or blow the roof of the joint
Like Out in the Cold..or Burst your Bubble?
Everyones NOT wearin hats-cuz I took mine off for this one!!
JiMINy

07-24-2002 22:42 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Disjasked Lerna

Finally from me- One fantastic deal that you may want to look into is the boxed set from the Choir. 8 CDs for like $40 (I got mine for $26 from BMG). The title of it is Never Say Never. I think Derri Daugherty really has a beautiful voice and the Choir are terrific. He's also in The Lost Dogs along with Terry Taylor (the front man for Daniel Amos), Michael Roe (from the 77s) and the late Gene Eugene (from Adam again).
Now as to the atheist thing, there is a God and He rocks. If you seek Him, you'll surely find Him.

07-24-2002 22:53 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

An atheist who listens to DA? That's cool. I'm a Christian and I listen to Ozzy. Pleased As far as where to buy the stuff, that's been answered. Just a quote for you dude "I like Jesus, but I'm not so sure about his fan club..." Don't let all the bullsh*t that goes on in the name of God keep you from God. You will find some folks here who have learned that. Good luck on your eh... search. Smile )

07-25-2002 01:16 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

Get Outdoor Elvis.

07-25-2002 02:05 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
anne
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

i think, da-wise, you should most definitely get MOTORCYCLE. but it's kinda hard to tell for sure what you'd like without knowing more about your musical tastes....?
07-25-2002 02:08 anne is offline Send an Email to anne Homepage of anne Search for Posts by anne Add anne to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

quote:
Originally posted by anne

i think, da-wise, you should most definitely get MOTORCYCLE. but it's kinda hard to tell for sure what you'd like without knowing more about your musical tastes....?

yep, motorcycle would be my choice as well

BD
07-25-2002 11:18 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Motorcycle
Little Red Riding Hood

07-25-2002 11:27 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Author of the Post Author of the Post is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

Try Terry Scott Taylor's "A Briefing for the Ascent." It's possibly his most overlooked album, but truly a gem. The whole album is seemless connected with footsteps as a man walked through an art gallery looking at pictures, each room is a new song. Truly profound.

-- taotp
07-25-2002 11:44 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

quote:
Originally posted by questionit
I just bought Mr. B's dream...and, wow..how great is that disc.?!?!?

...I just want some guidance since amazon doesn't help much...thanks for your help....Chris

yep chris- mbd is awesome. here are some others i'd suggest.....

kalhoun (i think ebay or radrobbers...err i mean radrockers)
john wayne (available at the webstore)
zoom daddy (at the webstore as well)
songs of the heart (webstore)

peace,
-john

07-25-2002 12:44 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

You could also try the following:

www.blastbeats.com

www.crossingmusic.com

07-25-2002 12:49 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » question

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH