Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » 9/25/2003 was Concert, Car Cruise and BBQ » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 9/25/2003 was Concert, Car Cruise and BBQ 3 Votes - Average Rating: 7.003 Votes - Average Rating: 7.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Brett!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

WE WANT A FULL REPORT- AND AS FAR AS "AFTERGLOW"
(FROM THE SHOW-NOT THE CARS!....DUH!)

You'll bask in it for quite some time- I know I STILL AM.
ViVa La BBQ!!!!

Give us all the details!!!!
jiminy

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
09-25-2003 12:17 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Mind if I appropriate that for my new motto?

"Viva la BBQ!!!"

09-25-2003 12:26 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

it was there fer the takin...

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
09-25-2003 14:56 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
bret bret is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 08-08-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by bret
RE: Bret!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Had a blast. Mike & Terry were great. Commercially, the concert was a flop, as was the car cruise, but that is fine. Only one guy that wasn't from my church that brought a hot rod. I took a pretty good loss on the night, but I have refocused that, looking at it as an investment. (my wife, on the other hand, considers it a LOSS)

More importantly, SIGNIFICANT things happened. I got to meet and hear Mike & Terry. Mike did "The Lust..." for us, which was a highlight of the evening for several of the folks that attended.

Our new pastor, who has only been with us for about 5 weeks, was able to attend. He had a blast and really liked Mike & Terry, the music, the great "comedy" between the two of them, and is ready to see our church jump in and do it again. He is really wanting to see it succeed, and become a major event for our church (the whole car cruise, concert thing)

Our church board members (which I am one of 7) all showed up and pitched in the work, and had a great time. I know that a few are now real converts. I actually saw one of the more conservative ones at the product table buying a CD. (Remember, this is an A/G church that I attend!)

I took the liberty to post my pictures of the event on Driver8's "Jimson Weed" web site(most of which sucked because of it being so dark and not real well lit, and I shot most of them too far back. (we were scrambling at the last minute to throw together some lighting)

I forgot to get the obligatory "photo with Mike & Terry" but I did get something special. As mentioned earlier, I am considering my financial loss as an investment. I bought an inexpensive acoustic guitar with my birthday money for about $100, and now it is personalized and autographed by Mike & Terry, so I have considered the value of that guitar to be worth (at least to me) the original purchase price, plus the cost to get the autographs!

Another positive thing, the GM of the hotel that I put the guys up in, is a friend of mine who came tonight (he also goes to our church) and told me he was going to comp the rooms for me, so that lowered my "investment" a pretty good chunk!

Would I do it again??? Heck yes!

Stylin' in my buddy's '34 Ford Roadster

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by bret: 09-26-2003 13:03.

09-26-2003 01:26 bret is offline Send an Email to bret Homepage of bret Search for Posts by bret Add bret to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of bret: forty dlux
HEMISPHERICALHEADS HEMISPHERICALHEADS is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-07-2003

RE: Bret!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That sounds great man!
I noticed you even cropped the name of the guitar out of the picture.. Big Grin Still a very , very cool thing..Good to see you gave a full report. These guys have some very dedicated fans...
09-26-2003 03:57 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
bret bret is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 08-08-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by bret

quote:
Originally posted by HEMISPHERICALHEADS
That sounds great man!
I noticed you even cropped the name of the guitar out of the picture.. Big Grin Still a very , very cool thing..Good to see you gave a full report. These guys have some very dedicated fans...

The cropping thing was just bad photography! It's a Johnson JG 620 guitar that came in the Guitar/Mandolin package from MusiciansFriend.com. What is funny is that I bought the package for the mando, but I the guitar sounds so much better than my Alvarez that I prefer to play it!

I gotta run and go tear down the stage and finish the clean up over at church. Then I gotta do all my month end reports for work and leave around 2pm for a Men's retreat.

Catch all y'all later!

Stylin' in my buddy's '34 Ford Roadster
09-26-2003 07:13 bret is offline Send an Email to bret Homepage of bret Search for Posts by bret Add bret to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of bret: forty dlux
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Sounds great! Glad you enjoyed it.

Adding to the faithful one BBQ at a time...

09-26-2003 07:13 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Smile Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's good to hear you had a BLAST in spite of the finances. God bless your motel friend!
09-26-2003 20:39 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool! Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by EdHead: 09-26-2003 23:08.

09-26-2003 23:07 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » 9/25/2003 was Concert, Car Cruise and BBQ

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH