Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Darn Floor Big Bite » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Darn Floor Big Bite 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Chrome
unregistered
Thumb Up! Darn Floor Big Bite Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Everything people have said about this cd is right. That it takes a while to absorb just what a gem it is. I liked it right away; but now its really sinking in just what a masterpiece it is.

The sound is so open, yet its so intricate too. An amazing work of production. If every album could have such clear-sounding insturments and lyrics, we'd be in great shape. All the songs are just really solid and focused on that one.

The lyrics come to you over time, and their meaning starts sinking in here and there as they go through your mind.

Its almost like there was some kind of a supernatural force overseeing every touch on that one. Every time I hear it, I'm more and more amazed, and delighted.

I don't know of any other album or sound to compare it to, either. It really just stands out by itself, as a very unique and beautiful work of art. I'm playing it again right now; and the thing is just amazing.

Seems like one of the best-kept secrets in pop-rock history, if you ask me.
-chrome
09-29-2003 22:47
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ok.... on-topic discussion.... here we agree, Chrome.... Big Grin

09-29-2003 22:49 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

RE: Darn Floor Big Bite Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Chrome

Its almost like there was some kind of a supernatural force overseeing every touch on that one. Every time I hear it, I'm more and more amazed, and delighted.

some kind? Big Grin

I don't know of any other album or sound to compare it to, either. It really just stands out by itself, as a very unique and beautiful work of art. I'm playing it again right now; and the thing is just amazing.

Seems like one of the best-kept secrets in pop-rock history, if you ask me.
-chrome

Total agreement Chrome.

I used to think Fearful Symmetry was my favourite but once I had to start voting off DFBB songs in the survivor threads I found how much I love this album.

"Language is weak but I keep on speaking"

09-29-2003 22:53 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Tongue

09-29-2003 23:03 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Tongue
09-29-2003 23:04 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Chrome
unregistered
RE: Darn Floor Big Bite Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Pedantic
quote:
Originally posted by Chrome

some kind? Big Grin

Well, of course God is/was overseeing all their projects; but its almost like the angels were working OT on this one to make sure that it turned out extra-special.
-chrome

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Chrome: 09-29-2003 23:06.

09-29-2003 23:05
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Lamp RE: Darn Floor Big Bite Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Pedantic

"Language is weak but I keep on speaking"

yes, we all keep doing that here........ Red Face

09-29-2003 23:40 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

09-29-2003 23:41 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

09-29-2003 23:42 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Chrome
unregistered

...?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Chrome: 09-30-2003 00:13.

09-29-2003 23:45
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

09-29-2003 23:45 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

amen.

09-30-2003 01:40 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

DFBB is great! Cool

~Groucho~
09-30-2003 08:53 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Monkey wrench Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

DFBB... strong points, weak points:

Strong points: moments of greatness, some timeless songs, great theme
Weak points: choppy music, rampant dissonance

I've been a fan for over 20 years. I consider myself fortunate to have bought the CD when it was first released (it's scratched and battered now - how about a re-release? Wink ) But this one is a tough nut to crack. Right up there with Bibleland.

I'm someone who has great respect for DA for a lot of reasons - in particular creativity, diversity, intelligence, and spiritual depth. But musically I also value pleasing sounding melodies. I think that's why my personal favorites are MBD and MC.

Depends on your tastes, I suppose.

09-30-2003 12:59 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Can Jim ever hope to....
Get it right?
He got it right!

Big Grin

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
09-30-2003 13:38 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

RE: Monkey wrench Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe
DFBB... strong points, weak points:

Strong points: moments of greatness, some timeless songs, great theme
Weak points: choppy music, rampant dissonance

I've been a fan for over 20 years. I consider myself fortunate to have bought the CD when it was first released (it's scratched and battered now - how about a re-release? Wink ) But this one is a tough nut to crack. Right up there with Bibleland.

I'm someone who has great respect for DA for a lot of reasons - in particular creativity, diversity, intelligence, and spiritual depth. But musically I also value pleasing sounding melodies. I think that's why my personal favorites are MBD and MC.

Depends on your tastes, I suppose.

If melody is your muse, I can't help but agree with you on MBD and MC.

But if you can't hear the brilliant melodies in Beat Menace, Strange Animals, Divine Instant,,,,aw heck all of them, then I don't think you're really listening for melody.

Hard strikes on the strings, questioning chords and indigestive bass may be what's putting you off. I would hardly blame the melody.

Still, MBD aside, this is their most creative, cohesive, collaborative and correct album to date.

That said, I'm often right and often wrong but never inconsistent.

I think.

August 2005
09-30-2003 14:09 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Well said, zippy! Where have you been?

09-30-2003 14:14 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

I'll reserve judgement till I have a chance to ask Terry:

Does DFBB have a specific purpose, mission or goal as a recording? And if so, what is it?

its the only original DA CD I have that survived the purge- my kid bought it- and I stole it from him, to make up for 19 yers of room and board.
Fair Trade?

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
09-30-2003 14:18 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

thanks pup.

Glad to be back.

I've been in and out. Busy days here at the office.

Wanna drool? I'm having lunch today with a former member of Daniel Amos! Nothing business, just a friendly visit, but as a fan I feel like I'm going to meet the President, or better, Arnold!!

zip

August 2005
09-30-2003 14:24 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

OK, dish. Which one?

...and yes, I'm jealous!

09-30-2003 15:01 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Darn Floor Big Bite

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH