Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Band Naming Contest..... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 6 7 [8] 9 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Band Naming Contest..... 5 Votes - Average Rating: 10.005 Votes - Average Rating: 10.005 Votes - Average Rating: 10.005 Votes - Average Rating: 10.005 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

....as long as it's one of mine.... Big Grin

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
10-03-2003 07:42 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Commander Cote
Well mister smarty pants, you'll just have to be there to find out. Well, actually,
after we pick a name I will have made a poster by Saturday night, send a file to BD
(BD are you paying attention?) and he will post it soon.

so the other band's name will be on the poster?
Man Saturday is a big day for you, eh? Big Grin

10-03-2003 08:30 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

Wink Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

1. Strange Animals

2. Memory Lane

3. Let's Spin

4. Solar Screams

5. Glory Hounds

6. Lucky Dogs

7. Little Bitty Beggars

Pleased

10-03-2003 12:58 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Lur King
1. Strange Animals

2. Memory Lane

3. Let's Spin

4. Solar Screams

5. Glory Hounds

6. Lucky Dogs

7. Little Bitty Beggars

Pleased

Change yr mind a bit, DaLe? Big Grin Tongue

10-03-2003 13:04 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Well mister smarty pants, you'll just have to be there to find out. Well, actually,
after we pick a name I will have made a poster by Saturday night, send a file to BD
(BD are you paying attention?) and he will post it soon.

uh, now I am... Smile

BD

10-04-2003 12:54 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

1. Glory Hounds
1. Little Bitty Beggars

7. Memory Lane
7. Lucky Dogs
7. Strange Animals
7. Let's Spin
7. Solar Screams

Roll Eyes Tongue

10-04-2003 12:56 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You gotta give it up for DorkBoy.... He not only has a cool real first name, but impeccable taste in band names as well.... Big Grin

10-04-2003 16:24 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

why thank you carl.

you are one hell of a guy. Tongue

Cool

10-04-2003 17:45 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by Commander Cote

Well folks after carefully looking at all the names and deliberating for five minutes
we Have decided on Glory Hounds, which was first submitted by Carl. Sorry BD maybe next time.
10-04-2003 18:10 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

what?

your not gonna send a poster now?

Crying

10-04-2003 19:51 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

Wink Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Well folks after carefully looking at all the names and deliberating for five minutes
we Have decided on Glory Hounds, which was first submitted by Carl. Sorry BD maybe next time.

Dear Glory Hounds

As a long time Daniel Amos Cover band fan this is a very sad day.

However I do have some comments and questions and would appreciate a response.

First, You Let Carl Name your band Shocked

Second, you need to add more piano and acoustic guitar to your sets.

Also forgive me please, I’ve only seen Daniel Amos Cover band in concert once.
Will you be in GV any time soon?

Please keep in mind that some Names were better than others...

Thank you in advance for prompt personal response to my letter.

If you have the time? I would be even more grateful if you heed my suggestions
and start making better names for you band.

Finally, does this Glory Hounds have a specific purpose, mission or goal as a band?

And if so, what are they? Roll Eyes

Sincerely and In Christ,
LuR KiNG Tongue

p.s.
I am sure the name Glory Hounds will grow on me Smile
it was in my ToP SeVeN Big Grin

10-04-2003 20:01 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
Slappedhard
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 07-20-2003

Congratualtions!/Your photo Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You won the contest! Please refer to CDR Cote for your prize.

Also, Carl, your photo makes it difficult for my kids to view what I am doing on the web. I try to be transparent (by not shielding what I am doing) using the web as an example to them. Could you please refrain from using it?

Regards, Tim

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Slappedhard: 10-04-2003 20:49.

10-04-2003 20:44 Slappedhard is offline Send an Email to Slappedhard Search for Posts by Slappedhard Add Slappedhard to your Buddy List
Richard Noggin
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 08-06-2003

Thumb Down! RE: Congratualtions!/Your photo Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Slappedhard

Also, Carl, your photo makes it difficult for my kids to view what I am doing on the web. I try to be transparent (by not shielding what I am doing) using the web as an example to them. Could you please refrain from using it?

Regards, Tim

Roll Eyes

10-04-2003 20:51 Richard Noggin is offline Send an Email to Richard Noggin Search for Posts by Richard Noggin Add Richard Noggin to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

RE: Congratualtions!/Your photo Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
You won the contest! Please refer to CDR Cote for your prize.

Regards, Tim

as much as I like it....

it does seam a bit over the top for a "christian board" if that's what the DAmb is?????

of course you could always turn the sigs off in your control panel, but who wants to do that besides Baxturd?

Roll Eyes

10-04-2003 20:59 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

well- Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was gonna submit
Twitchin Vibes
but I like Glory Hounds
it gives that "We are a rock band with ego" feel...

by the way- I think a disney character cancels out a particular Billboard Mag Ad (Which I like...but can see the point given by SH and others ...)

someone at work commneted on it- and I had some splainin to do........

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
10-05-2003 09:09 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Slappedhard
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 07-20-2003

RE: well- Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
I was gonna submit
Twitchin Vibes
but I like Glory Hounds
it gives that "We are a rock band with ego" feel...

Well, that ego thing was a brief topic of discussion... and we all agreed that just as the Hound of Heaven will seek out His elect, the Glory Hounds are seeking out eternal glory. It departs from the song in that way (which is spelt Gloryhound - one word) regarding the earthly ego trip.
10-05-2003 18:41 Slappedhard is offline Send an Email to Slappedhard Search for Posts by Slappedhard Add Slappedhard to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

quote:

Regards, Tim

(sigh) All right.... no more pictures of Christian musicians it is, then... Crying Crying Crying

Tongue

Big Grin

10-05-2003 19:37 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
Originally posted by carl
quote:

Regards, Tim

(sigh) All right.... no more pictures of Christian musicians it is, then... Crying Crying Crying

Tongue

Big Grin

hey! you put that back! Frown

10-05-2003 19:38 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by Commander Cote

After reading Lur King's message with all the questions I may or may not go into hiding
and not read any more letters.

Are we coming to GV soon? In your dreams

Do we have a specific purpose or meaning? Yes

As for the answers to the rest of your questions, show up on November 1
and I will do my best to answer them.
10-05-2003 19:44 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Cool So.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

....what exactly did I win here?

10-05-2003 19:46 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 6 7 [8] 9 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Band Naming Contest.....

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH