Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » New release feedback » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New release feedback 4 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

New release feedback Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Folks,

We'd like to get your opinions on some ideas. For a while now, we've
been preparing a couple of DA video releases.... we're trying to get
the first of these released before the end of the year. Pretty much
the only thing standing in our way at this time is funding. We've been
coming up with as much of it ourselves as we can - but its been
a pretty tight year for all of us. One of our plans with this release is
to establish a "DA Webstore production fund" - something that we
can draw from any time throughout the year to release something
new. In the past, we've always tried to keep as little in the DA store
account as possible - so that more of it could go on to DA. WHenever
possible, we were putting things out at our own expense, or with
some sort of outside funding, but this last year has been pretty difficult
and has shown us that we need to change this arrangement a bit. DA
will still be getting nearly 100% of the money, but we will keep enough
around to allow us to fund new releases easier than before.

So heres the thing. How many of you be open to "preordering" (gasp!)
the first video release, which is a live concert video, if you were told that
it was already ready to manufacture? (In the past, most of the "preorder"
delays were caused by trying to get something finished by a certain
deadline and then everything goes wrong...) This would also be allowing
us to set up our production fund so that preorders would most likely not
be necessary in the future and we might be able to keep new releases
coming out on a semi-steady schedule.

Would it affect your position one way or the other if, by preordering,
your name was listed in the "Thank you"s in the video credits?

Let us know your thoughts on the subject.

Keep in mind - that this is not yet the plan... we are still trying to
fund the project ourselves, if possible. But, we were bouncing this
idea around as a last resort if our other plans don't pan out. One way
or another, we want to have this video out asap and set up the fund
before the new year.

Your feedback might influence what we ultimately decide to do
in this situation.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
10-22-2003 13:13 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I would pre-order Big Grin DAmb straight Cool Name in the credits Big Grin DAmb Cool Cool
But could it be our real name and user name on the DAmb Confused

Roll Eyes

I guess the answer is yes Big Grin

why not start a poll Smile

10-22-2003 13:18 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Speaking as myself "Jevon" I would support such a plan. In the past any confusion or irritation over the pre-order product has come from either a lack of clear information which often led to unrealistic, or uninformed expectations.

I believe that if the scope is clearly defined, and the money requested up front will have a definite payoff for the investor (customer) then all sides win.

The extra bonus of being featured in credits while appealing to ego, is not necessary.

There are a number of project and business savy type on the board, not to mention the front office with JT who could vet the requirements prior to asking for funds to ensure that the DA store is covered and that the fans coming up with the cash know realistically what they're up for.

The weirdness would come if there's a shortfall in expected money, but that would just mean a longer wait, not that it's gone. I could live with that so long as their is personal communication between all parties.

In short, rock on lads and where do I send my money? Do it soon, cause the Canadian dollar is trading high lately.

Sincerely,

Jevon

10-22-2003 13:22 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
Administrator

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

I created a poll. We still want more detailed feedback in this
thread though. Please vote and post.

We're with ya on all of those points Jevon . In the past, the
poor communication on our side about preorder delays was
usually caused by us not knowing what was going on either.
For example - the Prickly Heat thing... I really don't know what
all of the delays were there. We posted everything we could
on the news page. In situations where we were involved with
the release (like the Alarma! book set), our part of the work was
done before any delays happened - so we still didn't have a lot
of information to give people.

In this situation, it'll be our thing completely - so if something
goes wrong we'd be able to tell you exactly what was happening
at any moment.

It would be a problem if we didn't make enough on preorders to
print the thing - but I really cannot imagine that happening, in
this case. There is very little production expense involved since
what we're releasing is an already completed video. It would
surprise me if we didn't make enough for manufacturing in this
case within a few days of preorder sales.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
10-22-2003 13:38 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Uncle Ralph
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-608.jpg

Registration Date: 04-15-2002
Location: "I intend to live forever - so far, so good." Steven Wright

sounds good to me! Cool

10-22-2003 14:04 Uncle Ralph is offline Send an Email to Uncle Ralph Search for Posts by Uncle Ralph Add Uncle Ralph to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

Big Grin Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I agree with the whole communication breakdown thing...

While long delays will always be intolerable to some people... most are OK if they know why.

An email anouncment list - like the Yahoo one - could be set up for all pre-order funders. This way even if it is on time then it's easy to let them know. You could even put on special pre-order only download URLs on the email.

The comment you made that the project is ready to go now is a good comment and would need to be communicated up front. Calm those fears before they arise...

I suppose my short answer is - tell me where to send the money?

10-22-2003 15:06 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

At the risk of causing a communication breakdown, I'm willing to preorder.

10-22-2003 15:52 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
Originally posted by Driver8
I would pre-order Big Grin DAmb straight Cool Name in the credits Big Grin DAmb Cool Cool

I Agree with D8,

I guess the actual co$t could deter me some,

$15 Smile yes! $20 Confused probably, depends...
$25 Confused maybe, probably not... $30 what, for a DVD! Evil Tongue

I guess if it was from an era or concert I am not that hot on I would also pass... Red Face

but, most likely I would Pleased

10-22-2003 16:03 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Official Impasto

Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe uReViG
not... $30 what, for a DVD! Evil Tongue

I guess if it was from an era or concert I am not that hot on I would also pass... Red Face

but, most likely I would Pleased

Useing my highly tuned sences of perception I would say it is of the Cornerstone 2000 concert. They have been asking for film on it lately.

Also I remember the liner notes to Mr Beauchners Dream said look out for the making of video....

10-22-2003 16:14 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

yeah, that's my question, what era? C2K? ehhh.....
but i would love to see a dfbb era dvd! Cool

10-22-2003 16:34 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

I would be willing to preorder. It would be great to have our names in the credits, but it would not be a deal breaker were that not possible. I agree with the others who have said they don't mind waiting for merchandise, as long as we are kept somewhat informed as to the status. Most companies say they will ship orders within 6-8 weeks. Seems it never takes that long, but when the shipment comes earlier, you have a happy customer instead of an irritated one. Maybe you guys should do the same. When can we expect specifics on the dvd, cost ect?

One more thing. Can we get Terry to hand deliver the dvds to us when they are done? Red Face Tongue

How about signed copies? Cool

~Groucho~
10-22-2003 16:37 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
Official Impasto

quote:
Originally posted by Squidzit

One more thing. Can we get Terry to hand deliver the dvds to us when they are done? Red Face Tongue

How about signed copies? Cool

That would make it quite an expensive Pre-Order.... air tickets to New Zealand would be about $US1500 minimum - just to dleiver my one...

Lets go for it! Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Captain Pedantic: 10-22-2003 17:15.

10-22-2003 17:08 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Oh yeah Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Even though we waited a long time for DEDT Deux, we did get it. I don't know why there would be a matter of trust because you do deliver, near as I can judge, the best you can.

Count me in. Sounds wonderful, credits or no credits. And I don't need to be offered a free teeshirt or anything else.

Personally, I'd still like to see a special web site, maybe to encourage Avocado Club membership, where member-only items are available.

Thanks, guys. I really do appreciate you.

10-22-2003 17:11 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

No brainer for me. I like pre-orders and the credits idea. Heck most of us still like to mention where our names are on Mike's "It's For You" CD... just look back to the NP thread from last week. Tongue It's a fun way of keeping the fans connected with the project.

I say go for the Pre-orders again, it all works out in the end.

BD

10-22-2003 19:11 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Administrator

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
yeah, that's my question, what era? C2K? ehhh.....
but i would love to see a dfbb era dvd! Cool

The first DVD release will be a Doppelganger tour
concert from 1985, shot by Dave Perry. It's a video
that DA's had sitting around for a while. It's a little
rough around the edges - not as clean looking as
the Lost Dogs video - but a good multi-camera 90
minute pro shot video nevertheless.

We're still doing some work on the making of Buechner's,
the Cstone 2000 show, a good compilation, and some
other things. Those will be later on... they require a heck
of a lot more work.

10-22-2003 19:23 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Vox Robotica
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpg

Registration Date: 06-19-2003

I would pre-order, if the price was right.

I'd love my name to be in the credits - that would be cool.

And the idea of a special web site to encourage membership in the AC is very cool. It'd be a cool place to put bonus MP3's and stuff. It might actually push me over the edge and make me buckle down and join.

~ VR ~

"The systems fail
All the circuits blown
And the message lost in this machine oh

10-22-2003 20:34 Vox Robotica is offline Send an Email to Vox Robotica Homepage of Vox Robotica Search for Posts by Vox Robotica Add Vox Robotica to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Vox Robotica: jeremyszehr YIM Account Name of Vox Robotica: jeremyszehr View the MSN Profile for Vox Robotica
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Lamp Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Vox Robotica
And the idea of a special web site to encourage membership in the AC is very cool. It'd be a cool place to put bonus MP3's and stuff. It might actually push me over the edge and make me buckle down and join.

~ VR ~

yes.... i would need to hear some previews before renewing my AC membership.... very disappointed... Frown
no, not in the webstore service, just the songs seemed like throwaways that weren't good enough to put on a "real" album..... Red Face

and no, i am not from dallas.... Cool

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Joey T.: 10-22-2003 21:30.

10-22-2003 21:29 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

I would pre-order in a minute. You betcha!!!

10-22-2003 22:33 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

I joined the AC recently just to see what it would be like. I'm looking foreward to anything...even terry singing in the shower Tongue

10-22-2003 22:35 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
I joined the AC recently just to see what it would be like. I'm looking foreward to anything...even terry singing in the shower Tongue

that would probably be better than the first 2 AC disks.. at least it would be funny! Tongue
no, really... the first AC disks were mostly songs that were written for BMG to maybe be picked up by a major artist/label... it just seemed like he kinda changed his style and tried to write stuff that would "sell.." maybe that's why i didn't like it.....
i liked the bar-b-q cd, at that seems like it was written more spontaneously, not like he cared about how many people bought it......... Red Face

10-22-2003 22:39 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » New release feedback

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH