Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » A Moment of Zen » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page A Moment of Zen
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jamespop jamespop is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Big Grin A Moment of Zen Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

A couple of weeks ago I was doing supply preaching for a church 2 1/2 hours away. The drive down was depressing. I was in a rental with only a radio. I was surfing through country, oldies, and preaching until my ears picked up on a familar groove (heavy on bass and drums).

You know how when you come across something out of its usual context, it takes you a few seconds to recognize it? Same here. It took the beginning vocals to convince me that I was ACTUALLY HEARING "DARN FLOOR - BIG BITE" ON LOCAL FM RADIO IN THE HEART OF KENTUCKY!!!

I had stumbled across Barry Nothstine's "Soul Frequency" program (usually out of reach of Northern Kentuckt radio. Anyway, he followed up DFBB with "Through the Speakers" (if I remember correctly - I know it was an early AC song) then he played an instrumental from "Michael Roe... the Boat Ashore".

What a lovely surprise.

To add to the day, I learned that the church I was preaching at (a small SB church) taped its sermons for broadcast on the local cable network.

So, ladies and gentlemen, two weeks ago yours truly was featured on the Monday night programming of a samll central Kentucky's cable channel of...

Are you ready?

I laughed, anyway.

TBN.

Yup, I'm not sure what preceeded me or followed, but for one brief moment, I was (hopefully...perhaps) able to add some sanity between Paul Crouch and Benny Hinn. Tongue

I thought it was amusing.

I would appreciate prayers, though. I am currently talking with a couple of churches about going there as student/youth minister. Both of them look like they would be good churches and opportunities. Pray that God will give me the wisdom to see where He is leading.

jamespop
11-07-2003 13:48 jamespop is offline Send an Email to jamespop Search for Posts by jamespop Add jamespop to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool story.

11-08-2003 02:26 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

LOL, I cannot top that one! Good story.
LK-9

11-08-2003 15:45 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

That's fun! Cool

11-10-2003 09:08 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

If we send him money, will we be healed? Confused

Tongue

~Groucho~
11-10-2003 09:31 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Maybe but it will take Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

LOTS of MONEY! $$$$$$$

11-10-2003 09:33 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » A Moment of Zen

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH