Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Suggestions for new lost Dogs album. » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Suggestions for new lost Dogs album.
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Personally I'd like to see a recording of all new material that moves away from the "organic" (read:toned down) of NCT. The last two have moved in that direction, and while they're good, I find myself listening more to the old stuff and Gift Horse.

Time to rock-n-roll again (I hope...)

- "John Foxe"

02-21-2004 15:00 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
booswain1 booswain1 is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 02-19-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

how bout

everyday another nail is hammered
ba ba ba ba
Mercy Mercy....

some oldies but goodies..love to hear them with a new spin

Jeff
02-23-2004 08:17 booswain1 is offline Send an Email to booswain1 Search for Posts by booswain1 Add booswain1 to your Buddy List
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

quote:
Originally posted by PuP
Apparently they are already doing "Pretend I'm Elvis" in concert. It should be a safe bet to expect that one in the mix.

Hey Pup. Not "already doing", already did! Check the liner notes on Avocado Faultline.

I was gonna say that The Lost Dogs won't cover a Lost Dogs song, but then how would I explain Breathe Deep recurring on Green Room Serenade Pt 1?

-zips by stride rite

August 2005
02-23-2004 09:24 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe
Personally I'd like to see a recording of all new material that moves away from the "organic" (read:toned down) of NCT. The last two have moved in that direction, and while they're good, I find myself listening more to the old stuff and Gift Horse.

- "John Foxe"

Amen! Cool

02-23-2004 09:28 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:
- "John Foxe"

Amen! Cool

dennis - amen & Amen! 8 but...

John Foxe - Yes, I totally agree with you
the last two LD have been "toned down"
I myself also "find myself listening more to the old stuff and Gift Horse."
I & I know you did too really enjoyed the Full band electric LD set
at Cornerstone 03 Cool

however, the reality is

first, I only listen to RMC & NCT with my wife & kids,
which my wife really enjoys & some of gift horse...

and second, sad to say but the "Time to rock-n-roll" will probably only be
every other year or so at Cornerstone

so, I look forward to seeing & hearing the "organic" "toned down"
versions of DA 77s & Choir stuff - Lost dogized on a new CD &
hopefully a new LD tour... I really think the highlights of some of
the BBQ shows I went to (3) & boots I have heard were:

DA - If You Want To
DA - Joel
77s - lust...
77s - "Psychedelic" mercy mercy
TST - Ten Gallon Hat

plus, I will not mention names but I know some
who like the lost dogs,
not because of the lost dogs (inclusive) but because they Love
either DA 77s or Choir or all three...

02-23-2004 14:04 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:

- "John Foxe"

Amen! Cool

Double Amen!

(although I did like the Towel quite a bit.... just wish RMC hadn't preceded it....)

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
02-23-2004 14:28 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Wow, was it '03 where I met you? Seems like a long time ago. Oh yeah, the full band on main stage thing last year was REALLY REALLY nice.

Sadly, I don't plan to be @ '04. I need more persuasion than just the Dogs to justify the time and money. Maybe with a new Eddies recording we can get a tour...

Confused

02-23-2004 14:33 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Maybe they could do a whole album of Choir tunes just for carl!

Wink

02-23-2004 15:37 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Wow, was it '03 where I met you? Seems like a long time ago. Oh yeah, the full band on main stage thing last year was REALLY REALLY nice.

Sadly, I don't plan to be @ '04. I need more persuasion than just the Dogs to justify the time and money. Maybe with a new Eddies recording we can get a tour...

Confused

Smile )

02-23-2004 15:41 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
mindgasket mindgasket is a male
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-18-2003
Location: Just because we're hypnotized that don't mean we can't dance!

How about another Little Red Riding Hood-ish outing? I think that one rocks the best.

ps... anybody heard this yet?:

03-01-2004 16:25 mindgasket is offline Send an Email to mindgasket Search for Posts by mindgasket Add mindgasket to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

My favourite is the alt-rock styles of Green Room Seranade. That would be cool

03-01-2004 17:39 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

RE: Suggestions for new lost Dogs album. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
Following all that, The Lost Dogs plan to do a special album in which we record "Lost Dog"- styled songs that have been previously cut by the 77's, DA and The Choir.

We welcome all your submissions and requests along these lines.

Doctor Love,

before I add any of my submissions or requests...

do The Lost Dogs have a specific purpose, mission or goals as a band?
And if so, what are they?

Sincerely and In Christ, Lur King

03-02-2004 16:50 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
iota
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Songs of the Choir:

The Ocean ....!
Only a Moment in Time (a bit partial to this song, as it was played at my wedding)
Someone to Hold on To (Americanafied)
Hey Gene

D.A.:

Thick Skin
A Kind Word
Pregnant Pause

77s/Mike:

Lutheran Hymn
I dig my heels In
03-02-2004 17:04 iota is offline Send an Email to iota Search for Posts by iota Add iota to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
Originally posted by iota
Songs of the Choir:
The Ocean ....!
Only a Moment in Time (a bit partial to this song, as it was played at my wedding)
Someone to Hold on To (Americanafied)
Hey Gene
D.A.:
Thick Skin
A Kind Word
Pregnant Pause
77s/Mike:
Lutheran Hymn
I dig my heels In

hey, thanks for giving one iota Wink

03-03-2004 12:37 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Shocked D'oh!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe
hey, thanks for giving one iota Wink

You moron! I-ota....

Big Grin Tongue

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
03-03-2004 13:03 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Suggestions for new lost Dogs album.

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH