Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Ed! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Ed! 2 Votes - Average Rating: 9.002 Votes - Average Rating: 9.002 Votes - Average Rating: 9.002 Votes - Average Rating: 9.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Both Ringo & Paul are very good drummers.

05-04-2004 17:12 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Vox Robotica
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpg

Registration Date: 06-19-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I read somewhere a long time ago that Ringo was one of the few drummers who could play a track multiple times and they could splice together various takes with no timing issues whatsoever. And that's close to impossible.

Plus, wasn't Ringo the guy who invented "rock drumming", whereas he held both sticks in his fists instead of the traditional drummer position (resting on the forefinger and held by the thumb)?

Also, I heard the Violent Femmes on the way to work, and couldn't believe how awesome their drummer was/is.

As for Christian Rock Drummers, I don't think we should leave out Robert Sweet.

~ Vox

"The systems fail
All the circuits blown
And the message lost in this machine oh

05-04-2004 17:16 Vox Robotica is offline Send an Email to Vox Robotica Homepage of Vox Robotica Search for Posts by Vox Robotica Add Vox Robotica to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Vox Robotica: jeremyszehr YIM Account Name of Vox Robotica: jeremyszehr View the MSN Profile for Vox Robotica
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Vox Robotica
I read somewhere a long time ago that Ringo was one of the few drummers who could play a track multiple times and they could splice together various takes with no timing issues whatsoever. And that's close to impossible.
~ Vox

wow.
awesome. Pleased

05-04-2004 17:20 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Rabbi John Paul Ringo
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-27-2004

My friend Sol.

05-04-2004 17:31 Rabbi John Paul Ringo is offline Send an Email to Rabbi John Paul Ringo Search for Posts by Rabbi John Paul Ringo Add Rabbi John Paul Ringo to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Ringo Starr is looked down upon because
people immediatly think of the "She loves You, yeah yeah yeah"
time period. Early on drummers basicaly just kept beat.
He was doing pretty much what all drummers of the
period were doing. Goofy simple time keeping.
Heck, a few years earlier some 'rock' acts did't even
use a drummer.

But in the Beatles later music you can hear a lot
more of his more interesting work. "Tomarrow Never Knows"
and even on something like "Strawberry Fields".
The White Album, Abbey Road, etc. You know they
actually recorded a 30+ minute version of "Helter Skelter"?
Any wonder where the "I got blisters on my fingers!"
comes from?

Ringo is a drummer who has a distinctive style that a lot
of drummers try to emulate or are asked to. But generally
you don't get to see or hear his more interesting work.

I knew a kid at work once told me, Oasis is like the
Beatles only better. I laughed. How many bands you
know go around bragging they are better than Oasis?
For bands to brag that, it means they know it's the ultimate
to achieve. We are bigger than the Beatles! The very
proclomation proves it not to be so.

I am not saying Ringo is the best, but some like to under-rate
him because they only think of his very early work.
I bet if you asked a lot of famous drummers who they
wanted t be like, Ringo's name would come up a lot.

also keep in mind that the beatles sold lots and lots of records... Cool

05-04-2004 17:56 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

and my friend jared.

05-04-2004 17:56 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

my friends danny & sean

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 05-04-2004 18:54.

05-04-2004 18:53 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ringo's drumming on "Strawberry Fields" is indeed awesomePleased

05-04-2004 18:54 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

I'll cast a vote... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

...for Skinny Hindalog and Robert Sweet. What was the Stryper line about Bobby again, "Visual Timekeeping"?
05-05-2004 12:20 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Thumb Down! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

robert sweet? Roll Eyes

no soup for you! Tongue

05-05-2004 13:13 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Thread Starter Thread Started by PuP

How about Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz? How many different styles can this guy play?

05-06-2004 22:03 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Ed!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH