Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Are My 2 Pints Working Against Me... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Are My 2 Pints Working Against Me...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Are My 2 Pints Working Against Me... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Have the messages lenghthened across my screen?
LK-9
P. S. Mainly on the "Terry's Conscience" post.

04-27-2002 21:30 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Sheryl
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 04-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

YES, it was happening to me also. It was making it more difficult to read. I thought it was something my computer was doing. With this thread, the screen is back to normal though.

-S
04-27-2002 21:40 Sheryl is offline Send an Email to Sheryl Search for Posts by Sheryl Add Sheryl to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

Thread Starter Thread Started by Lost Canine
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Sheryl
YES, it was happening to me also. It was making it more difficult to read. I thought it was something my computer was doing. With this thread, the screen is back to normal though.

-S

Whew, glad it's happening to you too and not just a result of the Guinness.
LK-9

04-27-2002 21:42 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Sheryl
Dark Steamy Cabbage

quote:
Originally posted by Lost Canine
quote:

-S

LK-9

Ohhh, Guinness sounds good. During my visit to PA I had to buy a case!! of Yuengling's Black and Tan. (PA laws, they can't break a case and I didn't know where to buy a six-pack). I shipped it out to CA and it arrived yesterday. Anyway, that's one of my favorite beers and although I don't drink very much anymore, I did have one last night. Pleased Hopefully it's not a result of that.

Also, concerning the 'Terry's conscience' post - The earring looks good. So Terry, please ignore your conscience! Big Grin

Just trying to bring this back to TST related stuff. Cool

Cheers, S
04-27-2002 22:07 Sheryl is offline Send an Email to Sheryl Search for Posts by Sheryl Add Sheryl to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Earings, et al Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"He's got long hair pulled back in tail
Smells like smoke; don't care if he inhales
He's got a least one ring in his ear
Walks with humilty; he speaks clear"

"T.S. tailors me with every word he pens
T.S. tailors me and he has no idea
T.S. tailors me in the image of the lamb
Who wouldn't want to hang with this man?
I know I'll do it some more if I can..."

(lyrics in part from a tune about Terry)

The thing about Terry is that everybody is a fan until they meet him face to face (or see him in concert) and then they don't want to let him be a real person. Real fans, in the spirit of Christ, meet him just as he is and love him all the more "because" he is real.

Theo-
04-28-2002 10:21 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Disjasked Lerna

I agree 100% with you Theo. Great tune, great stuff.
LK-9

04-28-2002 10:59 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Yuengling's Black and Tan

S.,
What is this? I haven't heard of it. I take it that it's a stout? Sounds really good.
LK-9

04-28-2002 13:06 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

I had a a couple liters of some good German Vice beer this weekend... got a bit drunk... I singing Phil M's song "wicked job" a bit loud at points (going out into the three inches of snow to take a leak at the port-o-potty!
Good timesSmile

04-28-2002 16:01 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Sheryl
Dark Steamy Cabbage

A PA beer... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
Yuengling's Black and Tan

S.,
What is this? I haven't heard of it. I take it that it's a stout? Sounds really good.
LK-9

that's brewed in America's oldest brewery in Pottsville, PA.
Quite frankly, I've never seen it sold outside of PA although the guy at counter where I bought it said it is available in NJ, MD and I think NY as well. I always try to bring some back to CA after a visit to PA. This is the first time I ended up with a whole case. I'll have it for a little while so if ya want to try it let me know. It's similar to a classic black and tan (half Guinness, half Bass ale). They also make a really good lager. Very popular in Lancaster, PA where I grew up.

Sheryl Cool
04-28-2002 19:51 Sheryl is offline Send an Email to Sheryl Search for Posts by Sheryl Add Sheryl to your Buddy List
Kaf-N-8ed Kaf-N-8ed is a male
Luteous Llama

I've had me a Black and Tan (not a "Yuengling's") a few times out at a tavern.

They will pour a dark, stout beer of your choice (I forget if the dark goes on the top or bottom, but I vaguely remember it being the bottom) and then they pour a nice lighter beer, something like a Ballard Bitter or a Wheaten brew of somesort.

So you end up with your pint glass having two colors of beer in it. Dark on the bottom (for instance) and light on the top.

So, that's what I always called a "Black and Tan."

Now let me get to the question:

How can they bottle such a thing? How do ya keep the dark and the light from mixing?

Cheers!
Gus

My beard is parted into three,
For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava
http://www.benjava.com

04-29-2002 11:23 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
Sheryl
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Hey Gus, Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kaf-N-8ed

Now let me get to the question:

How can they bottle such a thing? How do ya keep the dark and the light from mixing?

Cheers!
Gus

The dark side overtakes the lighter side...but that's a different story. The beer itself is actually a dark brew with a beautiful tan head. So, the taste is again very similar to the classic 'black and tan' of Guinness and Bass Ale (or other stoudt/ale combo) but alas without the classic appearance.
Also as you drink a black and tan at a bar the two sides do slowly mix together, esp. when you drink it slowly as I do.
Yuengling Black and Tan was one of the first beers that I had that I really enjoyed plus it was the beer of choice among my friends in PA during my early twenties. So if you're ever passing through PA for whatever reason, stop by a watering hole and have a pint if so inclined. Smile ) Enjoy, whatever ya have.

Cheers, S
04-30-2002 00:11 Sheryl is offline Send an Email to Sheryl Search for Posts by Sheryl Add Sheryl to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

please... no bud liteSmile

04-30-2002 18:00 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

quote:
quote:

-S

LK-9

Cool
03-28-2003 19:19 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

you LOVE that picture, don't you, Joey?

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

03-30-2003 01:33 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

quote:
LK-9

Little did we know....
Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
03-31-2003 07:55 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

THEO.. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I HAVE A TUNE ABOUT TERRY THAT I THREW TOGETHER AFTER SEING HIM (only time) in a lil cofee shop in MPLS
Its called Hey bohemian.
(where did THAT come from.?!?!)
-
)
perhaps I'll post the lyric sometime.
jiminY

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
03-31-2003 11:36 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
I HAVE A TUNE ABOUT TERRY THAT I THREW TOGETHER AFTER SEING HIM (only time) in a lil cofee shop in MPLS
Its called Hey bohemian.
(where did THAT come from.?!?!)

Is it a rhapsody?

Tongue

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
03-31-2003 11:42 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

CS-
NO - BUT IT MENTIONS THE WORD RHAPSODY
would almost have too- one would think.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
03-31-2003 15:54 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

well, POST it, DAmbIt.............

how can you say "i'll post it sometime", and then not follow through? How unChristian of you..............

Smile Smile

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

03-31-2003 16:25 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Ubique Epoque

quote:
LK-9

I could use a few pints! Smile )

03-31-2003 17:15 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Are My 2 Pints Working Against Me...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH