Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Slandering Berger's Good Name Behind Berger's Good Back! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Slandering Berger's Good Name Behind Berger's Good Back!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Berger Roy Al
Swirling Eddies

Registration Date: 02-14-2003

Slandering Berger's Good Name Behind Berger's Good Back! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well this is just great. While recently listening to my Foghat boxed-set and surfing the internet, I stumbled onto a private but vast website dedicated to "TheEddiesandDA." (wwww.theeddiesandda.org/bergerisinsane/reallyinsane/noreally/iamnotkidding
.html) There were quite a number of messages on this private messageboard, and several of them had a common theme. I'll give but a few examples:

"Dear Dan,

You guys and Sandy Patty are my favorites! I really love the way your bass player Ted Chandler plays bass (I'm a bass player myself!) I also like The Swhirling Eddies, but find that their bass player, Royale With Cheese, does not seem to know what he's doing. I mean, what happened on "Hide the Beer?" Listen to all those wrong notes. He kind of glows with warmth."

"Dear Sirs

I am Romanian fan of The Daniel Amoses and the Sweating Eddies. In old country I play records of The DA and Eddies. The DA is sound good.

Sweating Eddies not so good. Because, is being sound like something wrong. Bass player sound like sick in head. How come bass player play like that? Sick in head!

Thank you"

"To Camarillo--

Hi. You don't know me but I'm a big fan of you and the guys. I have just one problem. Hi. You don't know me but I'm a big fan of you and the guys. I was just recently released from Bellvue State Hospital and you don't know me but I'm a big fan of you and the guys. I was recently released. Please tell your bass player, Berger Roy Al, to stop sending me secret messages through his bass parts. On one song, (I believe it was the bass part to "Snowball") he said, "I had some really spectacular pants in Pittsburg!!" What the hell does THAT mean? Is he insane? You don't know me but I'm a big fan of you and the guys and I really need you to tell Berger to stop sending me secret messages! Make it stop! Please make it stop!!"

Well. Can you folks see what's going on here? Hmm? Do you suppose that all these messages are from real people? Hmmmm?

NO, OF COURSE THEY'RE NOT! It's that dirtbag Chandler pretending to be different people so that he can slander my good name!! "The Daniel Amoses and the Sweating Eddies"? Oh please. And how pathetic, pretending to be someone else! Listen to me, Chandler. I HAVE ABOUT HAD IT WITH YOU. YOU ARE ABOUT TO ENTER A WORLD OF PAIN, MISTER!!

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Berger Roy Al: 05-13-2004 15:08.

05-13-2004 10:27 Berger Roy Al is offline Send an Email to Berger Roy Al Homepage of Berger Roy Al Search for Posts by Berger Roy Al Add Berger Roy Al to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Berger Roy Al: I_am_not_insane! YIM Account Name of Berger Roy Al: I_AM_not_insane! View the MSN Profile for Berger Roy Al
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Mad Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i would never disagree with a Romanian in any matter concerning the bass guitar!
05-13-2004 10:34 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

From BASS magazine:

"On a jazz/Latin gig, another tester used a 50-year old Romanian hybrid flatback with D'Addario Hybrids in what he says was the muddiest room he ever played. With his SWR SM-900 set flat, he kept adding more bridge pickup to enhance clarity, eventually blending out the body pickup entirely. He commented, "Beautiful sound" better than my bass sounds naturally, even for arco!"
05-13-2004 10:44 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Berger -

Rou Yule!!!!!!

August 2005
05-13-2004 10:51 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Why should he feel sorrow about Christmas?
05-13-2004 10:55 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool RE: Slandering Berger's Good Name Behind Berger's Good Back! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Berger Roy Al
"Dear Sirs

I am Romanian fan of The Daniel Amoses and the Sweating Eddies. In old country I play records of The DA and Eddies. The DA is sound good.

Sweating Eddies not so good. Because, is being sound like something wrong. Bass player sound like sick in head. How come bass player play like that? Sick in head!

Thank you"

This wasn't Vlad Theimpaler, by any chance, was it? Big Grin

At least it'd explain why his alter ego used Chandler instead.... Tongue

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
05-13-2004 10:56 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Originally posted by baxter
i would never disagree with a Romanian in any matter concerning the bass guitar!

Or an 8'4" Ukranian either!
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe/05/...reut/index.html

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
05-13-2004 11:15 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Cool RE: Slandering Berger's Good Name Behind Berger's Good Back! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Berger Roy Al
Well this is just great. While recently listening to my Foghat boxed-set and surfing the internet, I stumbled onto a private but vast website dedicated to "TheEddiesandDA." (www.theeddiesandda.org/bergerisinsane/re...notkidding.html) There were quite a number of messages on this private messageboard, and several of them had a common theme. I'll give but a few examples:

"Dear Dan,

You guys and Sandy Patty are my favorites! I really love the way your bass player Ted Chandler plays bass (I'm a bass player myself!) I also like The Swhirling Eddies, but find that their bass player, Royale With Cheese, does not seem to know what he's doing. I mean, what happened on "Hide the Beer?" Listen to all those wrong notes. He kind of glows with warmth."

that was me! Pleased

05-13-2004 11:26 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

quote:
This wasn't Vlad Theimpaler, by any chance, was it?

is vlad the only guy who talks like that? and he's romanian? (i wouldn't have known.) but maybe it *was* him!

and berger, it wasn't me that posted those messages to that website. i have no idea what you're talking about. Red Face
05-13-2004 11:36 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
quote:
Originally posted by baxter

Or an 8'4" Ukranian either!
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe/05/...reut/index.html

Wow! Shocked

I'd really seem small next to that man (at my diminutive height of 5' 3.5")! And I thought my Dad was tall at 6' 1 or 2".

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
05-13-2004 11:39 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

05-13-2004 12:12 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Barger.... is it better to slander your good back in
front of your bad front?

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-13-2004 14:48 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Berger Roy Al
Swirling Eddies

Thread Starter Thread Started by Berger Roy Al

Well that's even better now, isn't it? Now even the audioriences or whatever are making fun of Barger. I mean Bugger. I mean Berger.

05-13-2004 15:06 Berger Roy Al is offline Send an Email to Berger Roy Al Homepage of Berger Roy Al Search for Posts by Berger Roy Al Add Berger Roy Al to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Berger Roy Al: I_am_not_insane! YIM Account Name of Berger Roy Al: I_AM_not_insane! View the MSN Profile for Berger Roy Al
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Isn't Berger always complaining about his bad back and his cauliflower elbow? He can't have it both ways.
05-13-2004 15:07 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Shocked Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Bugger?
05-13-2004 15:08 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Berger Roy Al
Swirling Eddies

That's "sweetpotato arm," pal!

05-13-2004 15:10 Berger Roy Al is offline Send an Email to Berger Roy Al Homepage of Berger Roy Al Search for Posts by Berger Roy Al Add Berger Roy Al to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Berger Roy Al: I_am_not_insane! YIM Account Name of Berger Roy Al: I_AM_not_insane! View the MSN Profile for Berger Roy Al
Administrator

It's a simple question, Bogger...

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-13-2004 15:12 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

i'm sorry. Was it cauliflower thighs?
05-13-2004 15:12 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Berger Roy Al
Swirling Eddies

And what's next? "Booger?" Mad ggk gxk ggggk!

05-13-2004 15:14 Berger Roy Al is offline Send an Email to Berger Roy Al Homepage of Berger Roy Al Search for Posts by Berger Roy Al Add Berger Roy Al to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Berger Roy Al: I_am_not_insane! YIM Account Name of Berger Roy Al: I_AM_not_insane! View the MSN Profile for Berger Roy Al
Administrator

Booger Boy Al?

Booger Boy... isn't that a brand of jeans?

05-13-2004 15:15 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Slandering Berger's Good Name Behind Berger's Good Back!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH