Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Historic Early Da Recordings To Be Released! *Updated!* » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (8): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Historic Early Da Recordings To Be Released! *Updated!* 4 Votes - Average Rating: 9.504 Votes - Average Rating: 9.504 Votes - Average Rating: 9.504 Votes - Average Rating: 9.504 Votes - Average Rating: 9.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
(It was actually them that mentioned the pizza.....)

this: or this :

you make the choice Cool

no pressure... Roll Eyes

Big Grin

05-19-2004 14:29 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

RE: I know I'm going to regret this in the morning... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jollyholiday
I have succumbed to DaLe's DAMB SPAM...
-jolly

I know I'm going to regret this in the morning...

hey, you know that in 10 years you will be able to sell
this stuff for $50-$100 per disc on Smile

so its an investment Cool

05-19-2004 14:34 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
I mean- there were two spooky lookin guys in nice suits and
sunglasses standing by my office door when I came back from
lunch- since they let me back in - I thought it best to just comply.

Eric and I do what we gotta do. Thats why I said "keep
a slight eye to the door and an ear to the wall.."

And basically, we know a lot of people already have the
album, thats another reason we want to keep the price down.
Basically look at this release as buying the special disc and
getting a copy of the first album free.

Or if you don't have the first album, you are buying it and getting
the special disc free. Wink

Either way, we are going to try and make the thing worth while.
Terry also said there are more recordings from the time period,
so it might be a really cool project before this is over.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-19-2004 15:18 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

I ordered! Pleased

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
05-19-2004 22:54 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

RE: Waiting for Imaginarium Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by uvulapie
I'll unfortunately have to wait until the next credit card cycle to hit before I can order.

Someone posted that a copy of Imaginarium hit the big bucks on eBay. Now I know it's difficult to pony up the bucks up front, especially if you've lost the name of the original manufacturer, but it seems like money spent this way would have long-term payback. But since I don't have the numbers in front of me and the brothers Audioris do, I'll bow to your greater mathematical abilities.

I saw it go for something like $60 not too long ago! Crying

05-20-2004 13:07 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Pedantic
I picked up the original, Shotgun Angel and Horrendous Disk on LP for 50 cents in total.

About a year before the CD re-issue of HD I was given another copy of HD by someone who hadn't played it in 15 years - perfect condition.

So I swapped it with someone - they gave me John Wayne and Surfonic Big Grin A year later Larry comes to the party and we have it on CD Big Grin

I picked up HD for 80 cents at good will. Terry signed it for me to "Dennis" and everything! Cool

It is now framed and hung up in my basement! Smile )

05-20-2004 13:10 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Thumb Up! RE: daniel amos Spam from DaLe :-) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe
I sent this e-mail to some friends Tongue

http://www.danielamos.com/store/

2004 The Eddies triumphant return! Preorder
$20

Daniel Amos Deluxe Reissue / Jubal's Last Band
At this time, this release is expected to be a
Deluxe reissue of DA's first album plus
Rare and never before heard recordings
from the DA archives..
$15

in the words of Jiminy "I ordered."
"Cmon- you can't get a decent Pizza for that price..."

I ordered MiNe - DaLe

Cool

Glad I am on your "friends" list! Pleased

05-20-2004 13:11 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Administrator

Imaginarium is something that definately needs to be in print.
Maybe soon. The ex-manager gave us the name of the company
that supposedly manufactured it, but when we contacted
them they said no they didn't. Not sure what happened there.

Anyway, we can have it manufactured somehwere else, it
just costs more.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-20-2004 13:18 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

I love that CD(s)!

I am glad I bought it a few years ago!

05-20-2004 13:23 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Administrator

There is somethng so bizzare and unique about it.
It's not like listening to a serious album, and generally
I wouldn't be interested in game music or something like
that... but there is something really odd and catchy about it.

I wonder how many other out of print games have people
scrambling to find the soundtrack?

05-20-2004 13:29 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Few I would guess.

It reminds me of Tom Waits playing "circus music!" Cool

I kinda like the music to Tetrus, but would NEVER buy the soundtrack! Roll Eyes

05-20-2004 13:32 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Administrator

Yeah, Leon Redbone somewhat...

05-20-2004 13:35 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Thumb Up! Yeah!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Yeah, Leon Redbone somewhat...

That's it! Cool

05-20-2004 13:37 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Eis Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I actually read an article a few weeks back in Entertainment Weekly about bands who did video game music. Note for note reproductions of classic video game tunes...
05-20-2004 14:24 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

RE: Eis Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Eis
I actually read an article a few weeks back in Entertainment Weekly about bands who did video game music. Note for note reproductions of classic video game tunes...

cool... I think! Pleased

05-20-2004 14:59 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Did you ever have a Commodore 64?

Press Play On Tape

05-20-2004 22:02 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Administrator

Yup with Dataset before the old 1541 disc drives.

05-20-2004 22:45 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Then you really need to check that link out.

Or this one: http://remix.kwed.org/

It's amazing what some of these people can do with those songs.

05-20-2004 23:04 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Administrator

Yeah I still have my old Computers. And like a million
floppy discs...ehe..

After this album.....which album do you think is the next most
requested reissue? Smile

05-21-2004 13:48 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

How about the 10 songs from around the HD era? I've heard most if not all, and I think this would be a fabulous addition to add to my, I mean everyones collection.....
05-21-2004 14:04 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
Pages (8): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Historic Early Da Recordings To Be Released! *Updated!*

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH