Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Historic Early Da Recordings To Be Released! *Updated!* » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (8): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Historic Early Da Recordings To Be Released! *Updated!* 4 Votes - Average Rating: 9.504 Votes - Average Rating: 9.504 Votes - Average Rating: 9.504 Votes - Average Rating: 9.504 Votes - Average Rating: 9.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah there is more songs like that.

There is talk of those and other songs to use as extras
on some things....there are discussions and rumblings
as to what to release and how and what extra tracks to
include... thats exactly why I am looking for input.
We are going to be talking to Terry later about this very
subject.

And it probably got lost in here, but Terry recently unearthed
some once thought lost recordings... so there will be those
tracks to be brought out into the sun and air.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-21-2004 14:20 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey, what if Terry listened to each of the classic albums and got inspired to write a new track for them. You know, kind of like "Soon" or WEWH.

I would re-buy every album for a re-imagined or re-visited versions.

August 2005
05-21-2004 15:07 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
And it probably got lost in here, but Terry recently unearthed
some once thought lost recordings... so there will be those
tracks to be brought out into the sun and air.

Whatever you decide will be great! We don't have any of the older stuff on CD, so I would look forward to any of those early songs being rereleased! As for those "lost recordings"~can't wait to hear 'em!

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
05-21-2004 15:16 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Administrator

No idea, Terry told us he wants to talk to us about
these future plans so we think he has some things in mind.

Any idea like this, we will pass along.

There is kinda like 3 or 4 different threads of ideas that
are being tossed around. The reissues will be happening I
believe, in what exact format...that is what is in the planning
stages.

I am sure Terry and the band has ideas, we have some
ideas, Tom Gulotta has some ideas, you guys have ideas...
all of that will go into the final outcome.

We are formulating plans.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-21-2004 15:16 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

quote:
Yeah I still have my old Computers. And like a million
floppy discs...ehe..

After this album.....which album do you think is the next most
requested reissue? Smile

DFBB!!!!!

05-21-2004 15:28 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Administrator

Yeah Darn Floor should be done soon. That one
goes for waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much on ebay.
There has been recent talk of Darn Floor reissue, but not
entirely sure how far the talk went.

05-21-2004 16:07 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

J & E
I guess I'm hoping that something like the 10 songs would be kept together as one cd, and, maybe have Terry write some liner notes as to what that whole thing was about.
05-21-2004 16:21 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Hey commander,

what are you talking about. Did Terry record an album's worth of music and never release it?

05-21-2004 16:25 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Commander Cote
J & E
I guess I'm hoping that something like the 10 songs would be kept together as one cd, and, maybe have Terry write some liner notes as to what that whole thing was about.

There has been some talk about what to do with those...
not sure what will be decided yet, but I'm sure something
will happen.

The Commander is refering to the Horrendous Disc era
demos.. songs like "UFO," "She Gets to Me," "Talk," etc...
all crazy HD sounding things and all still unreleased.

We had suggested a release on it's own of that type material
but then there was another idea tossed around.

They need to be out and I think real soon they will be.

05-21-2004 16:25 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Tongue

05-21-2004 21:32 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Dfbb! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I liked the idea I saw around here awhile ago; re-issuing DFBB,re-mixed, and adding another CD to that of new versions of the songs (having DA re-record that classic album in a style like what they've been doing recently). I think that would be awesome! But basically, I'll take anything new and shiny from the band, even if it's old Tongue
05-22-2004 14:38 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Administrator

There are current discussions to do reissues in the format of the
first one...the one we are doing now; "Daniel Amos/Jubal's Last Band"

This first one will have the second disc with the Demo Tape,
live tracks and various other pre-DA stuff.

If the process continues, there maybe other deluxe reissues in the
future under the same format.

05-22-2004 22:53 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
There are current discussions to do reissues in the format of the
first one...the one we are doing now; "Daniel Amos/Jubal's Last Band"

This first one will have the second disc with the Demo Tape,
live tracks and various other pre-DA stuff.

If the process continues, there maybe other deluxe reissues in the
future under the same format.

Cool

05-28-2004 12:48 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Commander Cote
J & E

Yeah! Cool

05-28-2004 13:05 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
[The Commander is refering to the Horrendous Disc era

That would be cool!Cool

05-28-2004 13:05 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
freak freak is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-270.jpg

Registration Date: 11-13-2003

quote:
[The Commander is refering to the Horrendous Disc era

This is some of the most exciting news I have heard in a while...

Regarding the HD stuff I have heard rumors about it, of mythical recordings (enough to fill out a complete release) from the HD post Maranatha! pre-Solid Rock era and enough speculations and "facts" that I am completely intrigued and well dying to hear the true stuff - this is something I have longed to hear for 15 years or so...

May it see the light of day (soon would be great)...

~f

dit, dit, doo
05-28-2004 14:30 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Homepage of freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

All in favor of the HD unreleased stuff being the next release (Of course it's up to Terry)say ME!...........Alright I'll start...ME!
05-28-2004 14:36 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
freak freak is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Uh, Commander - should I call you Sir?

Uh, Sir...

I believe I have made my intentions and desires regarding the HD historical recordings... but, just to be clear...

ME!

dit, dit, doo
05-28-2004 14:43 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Homepage of freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
Administrator

There is talk about this going on right now. Masters and tapes
are being looked at. As we stated before Terry unearthed some
once thought lost tapes and recordings. He has been digging
through some archival material.

We are going to be getting together with Terry and Tom
to cross-refrence what we all have, to pick the best source
material.

We've been told that there is a multitrack of Shotgun Angel
played live with an orchestra somewhere. There is the original
recording of Horrendous Disc that was recorded for Maranatha!
before Norman's involvement. There are the 'big 10' HD era
demos. There are various other oddities.

Since we are currently working on the first album reissue,
and trying to decide how far back in recordings to go with the
bonus material... (possibly as far back as the Cardboard Scheme
and then on to Good Shepherd and into the Jubal's Last Band
era and ultimately Daniel Amos.)

And Shotgun Angel is currently in print, the next album to be
visited will probably be Horrendous Disc. Not that the direction
is to go in chronological order, but it just seems like a good
place to start.

05-28-2004 15:03 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
freak freak is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

thanks Audiori...

it is the "Big Ten Songs"... that is most intriguing to me... of course it all sounds fantastic...

appreciate the update.

~f

dit, dit, doo
05-28-2004 15:16 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Homepage of freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
Pages (8): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Historic Early Da Recordings To Be Released! *Updated!*

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH