Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The New Lost Dogs record » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The New Lost Dogs record
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thumb Up! The New Lost Dogs record Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Both Mike and Terry have expressed they are very happy
with the way the recording went. The fact that they are both
happy with it says a lot, they usually are fairly critical of their own
work.

Personally we can't wait to hear it. Hearing the Dogs perform,
in studio, some of the 77s, Choir, DA and Adam Again stuff will
be very strange I think.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
06-02-2004 15:27 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Pleased

06-02-2004 15:27 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

can't wait
06-02-2004 15:45 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

I know people have speculated what songs they chose,
and I am not even sure I want to know until I hear it.
But it will be strange, it's strange to think about.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
06-02-2004 15:55 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Pope John Paul Ringo
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 04-03-2004

I make a guest appearance. I am the Beat Menace.

06-02-2004 16:13 Pope John Paul Ringo is offline Send an Email to Pope John Paul Ringo Search for Posts by Pope John Paul Ringo Add Pope John Paul Ringo to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

CooL ! Cool

06-02-2004 16:35 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Question speculate Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
I know people have speculated what songs they chose,
and I am not even sure I want to know until I hear it.
But it will be strange, it's strange to think about.

Speculate! Speculate! Speculate!

The Dogs should put it out with no track listing and let it be a total mystery right through until we've listened to it.

Of course, I'm pretty sure they would have recorded the songs they've been doing in concert anyway.
06-02-2004 16:55 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Pope John Paul Ringo
I make a guest appearance. I am the Beat Menace.

Actually, y'r the Beatification Menace.... Tongue

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
06-02-2004 16:58 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Can't wait for the release! Pleased

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
06-02-2004 17:30 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

I ordered mine! Pleased
06-02-2004 18:26 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
Platyhelminth

no, not really Red Face
06-02-2004 18:26 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

I liken it to Disneyland. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Down in southern cal we don't where shoes we lay it waaaaay back.

We also live a culture that is indellibly marked by Walt Disney's hand. For nearly 50 years we've had the Magic Kingdom in our backyard and for some reason we hold it up as our strange heretical standard to live by. We go there often. So often, in fact that we get very defensive and critical if anything's changed. The discussions of what they're doing at the park (new rides, closed rides) often creeps into conversations that can be quite heated. In fact if you want a Californian to yell at you, tell him you love what Eisner's done with the place.

What does this have to do with Lost Dogs doing DA, Choir, 77s, Adam Again?

I imagine the new Lost Dogs album will be like an Anaheim native visiting Orlando. I've never visited Walt Disney World, but friends who have describe it as the same as Disneyland, but strangely different. They say it's like a dream, where you recognize where you are, but some details are missing and others are exaggerated. Some things you miss, (like the flaws and the intimacy) while others are greatly improved upon. Some things are so different that you lose your orientation and get lost trying to find the familiar again.

In other words, imagine your childhood backyard; the place where you lived some of your greatest adventures. Now imagine that Trading Spaces has the bright idea to build it for you again in your adulthood in another state and culture. They do their best to recreate it, cutting corners here, improving on it there. Then they present it to you and it's good. It brings you back and your nostalgia is overwhelming, but something ain't quite right.

That's what I expect from the new Dogs album.

- (isitanywondertheycallme)ZippetyDooDaddy

August 2005
06-02-2004 19:12 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

hey! where did the "voyage through inner space", brought to you by the people of monsanto, go? Mad

oh, that's right....they took it out and put in "star tours". damb eisner.

06-02-2004 19:54 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

I'll be buying it at the concert Cool

06-03-2004 08:44 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
Originally posted by wes berlin
hey! where did the "voyage through inner space", brought to you by the people of monsanto, go? Mad

oh, that's right....they took it out and put in "star tours". damb eisner.

"There's miracles from molecules." c'mon everybody! Join in!

"miracles from molec... oh nevermind.

August 2005
06-03-2004 09:47 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Platyhelminth

quote:
Originally posted by Driver8

If it's done by then.... Red Face

Let's hope and pray! Smile )
06-03-2004 09:54 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Frown Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i don't want Terry, Mike, and Deri to sing Look For the Bear Necessities or Chim Chim Cherie.
06-03-2004 20:18 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Woolly Eggwhisk

Take the California Aqueduct on down to Disneyland!!

August 2005
06-04-2004 11:20 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
Originally posted by Driver8

I'll have it before you D8! Tongue

But you'll have it soon enough! Besides, you get to open for them! Smile Cool

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
06-07-2004 11:52 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
freak freak is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-270.jpg

Registration Date: 11-13-2003

RE: I liken it to Disneyland. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by zippetydoodaddy
Down in southern cal we don't where shoes we lay it waaaaay back.

We also live a culture that is indellibly marked by Walt Disney's hand. For nearly 50 years we've had the Magic Kingdom in our backyard and for some reason we hold it up as our strange heretical standard to live by. We go there often. So often, in fact that we get very defensive and critical if anything's changed. The discussions of what they're doing at the park (new rides, closed rides) often creeps into conversations that can be quite heated. In fact if you want a Californian to yell at you, tell him you love what Eisner's done with the place.

What does this have to do with Lost Dogs doing DA, Choir, 77s, Adam Again?

I imagine the new Lost Dogs album will be like an Anaheim native visiting Orlando. I've never visited Walt Disney World, but friends who have describe it as the same as Disneyland, but strangely different. They say it's like a dream, where you recognize where you are, but some details are missing and others are exaggerated. Some things you miss, (like the flaws and the intimacy) while others are greatly improved upon. Some things are so different that you lose your orientation and get lost trying to find the familiar again.

In other words, imagine your childhood backyard; the place where you lived some of your greatest adventures. Now imagine that Trading Spaces has the bright idea to build it for you again in your adulthood in another state and culture. They do their best to recreate it, cutting corners here, improving on it there. Then they present it to you and it's good. It brings you back and your nostalgia is overwhelming, but something ain't quite right.

That's what I expect from the new Dogs album.

- (isitanywondertheycallme)ZippetyDooDaddy

great little bit of creative thinking and writing...

thoroughly enjoyed it and a great metaphor for approaching Mutt...

~f

dit, dit, doo
06-07-2004 13:28 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Homepage of freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The New Lost Dogs record

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH