Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » In response to Jevon and the "Real Label" question... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page In response to Jevon and the "Real Label" question... 2 Votes - Average Rating: 9.002 Votes - Average Rating: 9.002 Votes - Average Rating: 9.002 Votes - Average Rating: 9.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

me too Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I could contact some of the local Christian radio stations. There used to be a saturday night "teens/college/not AC" show on one of the stations around here. They actually played "Ordinary Extraordinary Day." Once. But the guy was open to requests. I've lent out Dogs and DA stuff to some friends. No one was impressed with the dogs though some said they liked it. My one friend heard Miracle Faith and thought it was hilarious...I think another friend might purchase MBD, if I keep on her about it...If the guys ever came around here I would promote it like crazy. But they don't, and I have no money to bring them out myself..
06-07-2004 20:30 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We might talk to the guys and see if we want to print up some
'official' promo material, maybe a sampler CD or something and
flyer/poster type stuff to (a.) give to promoters to use (b.) send
to anyone who has a radio station close by that could pass on the
info.

The promo CD could have a blank area on it so that a promoter
could write the show info on it and send it to any radio station
nearby or anything along those lines.

Have to think on this, there maybe a real useful thing we could
work up. Not sure the best way to organise it.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
06-08-2004 00:35 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
ProdigalDog ProdigalDog is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 05-20-2003

RE: hey Prodigal Dog Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Tweed And Smoke
I'll be at the July 7 concert and am really looking forward to it. Of course, i'm one of those who already buys everything they do, not a new convert. Cool to know you're the pastor of the church. I'll say hello at the show.

Hi Tweed and Smoke. Great to hear that you will be at the July 7 show. I am really looking forward to it. One correction: I did not mean to give the impression that I am a pastor (I am not) when I refered to 'my congregation' - I just meant 'the congrgation I attend'. Didn't mean to misrepresent anything. I guess my perceived spiritual status just slipped a few notches - Oh well! Would still be nice to meet you at the show.
06-08-2004 05:24 ProdigalDog is offline Search for Posts by ProdigalDog Add ProdigalDog to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Cool cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
info.

That sounds like a pretty good idea. I'll see if I can find out if that radio show still exists, and I'll see if he'll play some Dogs stuff, providing we get him the music. You definitely should get that promo material to anywhere a show is going to be.

Also, I remember that when a group was coming to our church, in the youth group they would play that artists music before/after bible study, while people were coming in and hanging out. Maybe people could just kind of "slip some in" with friends and at church to see if it creates interest.
06-08-2004 08:24 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Tweed And Smoke
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 06-18-2003

RE: cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

P. Dawg: I'll look forward to July 7 even if you're not a man of the cloth. Hope it's a packed house. Always fun to the Dogs live.
06-08-2004 08:59 Tweed And Smoke is offline Send an Email to Tweed And Smoke Search for Posts by Tweed And Smoke Add Tweed And Smoke to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
info.

I thought about putting together my own promo CD to hand out around town and actually contacted JT about it before the parting of the ways. It would be soooo hard to pick the songs. This is an artsy town with a small public artsy college and I'm sure I could get them booked... if I only knew who to talk to. I have sent "cold call" emails on a number of occasions. Just doing what I could with the time I had. So far no luck. I believe I will be blessed with the personal contacts necessary to pull something off before too long, though. We are beginning the process of going out to some of the local moderate and trendy bars (staying out of the true "dives"). Maybe we will find someone there. Maybe get in some open mic stuff too.

For promotional purposes, I have settled with getting cassettes (1st 3 LD releases) and The Best of LD CD from Radrockers to give out to people who I think have a little interest. Of course, I direct people to DA.com if they want to buy anything further. Wink I was so sad to see the $5 MBD CDs gone from the choir's website before I could get another order of them to give away. Frown

BTW, I want some bumper stickers!!! Mad
Am I going to have to put something together and get some printed myself?

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
06-08-2004 09:08 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
I thought about putting together my own promo CD to hand out around town and actually contacted JT about it before the parting of the ways. It would be soooo hard to pick the songs.

I had permission from Derek to make up a three song CD to pass out as an invite to our BBQ. I picked Moses, Cry Out Loud and Certain Love. I figured that Moses and Certain Love would have been played live. I also wanted to show that they have a bluesy side too.

quote:
I was so sad to see the $5 MBD CDs gone from the choir's website before I could get another order of them to give away. Frown

Sound and Spirit has it for $3.98

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
06-08-2004 09:36 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by sprinklerhead

I resolved to never order anything from them again after they got sold and became more secular because they made me feel used, like they were trying to take advantage of me and get me to buy more stuff (not because they sold secular music too). I felt after they sold, they quit respecting member preferences to a large degree.

I just may have to sign back up if they don't charge $3.98 S&H too, on top of the CD price. I wonder if they would give S&H discounts if you ordered 20 or something?

Got a few miles left ...

06-09-2004 07:42 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

I will review all DA/Dogs/Eddies/77s releases for MusicTAP Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I mean, I already have done a couple (a "retro" for "Mr. Buechner's Dream" and "Say Your Prayers"), and the editor of the site provided links too. Unfortunately, the money thing has been so bad lately, just getting CDs for myself has been really tough. I've had to rely on the kindness of PR companies and label press departments to supply me... That explains why I haven't ordered the DA1/Jubal disc yet.

But again, I'm always up for putting up a review at MusicTAP to get the word out.

DwD
www.musictap.net
06-12-2004 08:52 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Administrator

quote:
Am I going to have to put something together and get some printed
myself?

We have had DA and 77s stickers for a long time. Do you mean
Lost Dogs?

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
06-12-2004 09:47 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
Am I going to have to put something together and get some printed
myself?

We have had DA and 77s stickers for a long time. Do you mean
Lost Dogs?

In the DA webstore, the "T-shirts, stickers, etc." area has no bumperstickers. The only place I could find any is the CafePress link from "Store Info" at $4 a pop, so I guess I could technically get my hands on some.

But Lost Dogs stickers would be really cool too.

And all should include the web addresses, not just the band name.

I've been thinking some more and I think I would like to have a "Real Men Cry" T-shirt if I could get it reasonable. How do copyrights work on the CD cover? Mike signed mine with a cool "Scuze me while I kiss this sky" signature. I might be able to scan this and get it put on a T-shirt, if that copyright issue could be settled. Thoughts?

Got a few miles left ...

06-14-2004 08:48 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

I have a guitar playing friend at church who has the first two Dogs albums. He was surprised to hear that they are still recording Frown

I've invited him and his family to come to the show in Long Grove, weather or not he'll make the commitment to come is not in my hands Crying

06-14-2004 09:57 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Administrator

quote:

In the DA webstore, the "T-shirts, stickers, etc." area has no bumperstickers. The only place I could find any is the CafePress link from "Store Info" at $4 a pop, so I guess I could technically get my hands on some.

But Lost Dogs stickers would be really cool too.

And all should include the web addresses, not just the band name.

I've been thinking some more and I think I would like to have a "Real Men Cry" T-shirt if I could get it reasonable. How do copyrights work on the CD cover? Mike signed mine with a cool "Scuze me while I kiss this sky" signature. I might be able to scan this and get it put on a T-shirt, if that copyright issue could be settled. Thoughts?

Yeah, we ran out of the DA stickers just recently... we're going
to print some more soon. We might even do different colors. The ones
we print are silver and black... they look really nice. The CafePress ones
are just black and white I think.

We actually started a CafePress page for the Dogs.. right now
we only have scenic routes artwork up, but we could put the
other records up too.

I'm not sure about the copyright thing.. I don't think you'd
run into any problems unless you were mass producing them
and/or selling them.

06-14-2004 16:40 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:

I'm not sure about the copyright thing.. I don't think you'd
run into any problems unless you were mass producing them
and/or selling them.

Hopefully 2 of them isn't mass production, cuz I want a tee with Mike kissin the sky on it too! Big Grin

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
06-14-2004 17:10 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Angry Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:

I resolved to never order anything from them again after they got sold and became more secular because they made me feel used, like they were trying to take advantage of me and get me to buy more stuff (not because they sold secular music too). I felt after they sold, they quit respecting member preferences to a large degree.

I just may have to sign back up if they don't charge $3.98 S&H too, on top of the CD price. I wonder if they would give S&H discounts if you ordered 20 or something?

Mad
I just got off Sound 'n Spirit's website and they have NO Daniel Amos music, NONE! I was gonna try to get multiple copies of MBD for signing up. Guess I waited too long again.

So, now we will be stuck keeping only 1 or 2 extra on-hand and having to be choosy who/when we give them to. Mad Mad Mad

Of course, the music is more than worth the asking price! It's just nice to get some cheap to give to strangers or people you don't know well if you are in fact giving them out.

Maybe we need permission to make CD-R promo CDs for MBD with maybe 5 or 6 songs or something (I think there were about that many at one time on MP3.com). Confused

Crying Crying Crying

Got a few miles left ...

06-18-2004 09:57 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

quote:
quote:
quote:

Mad
I just got off Sound 'n Spirit's website and they have NO Daniel Amos music, NONE! I was gonna try to get multiple copies of MBD for signing up. Guess I waited too long again.

So, now we will be stuck keeping only 1 or 2 extra on-hand and having to be choosy who/when we give them to. Mad Mad Mad

Of course, the music is more than worth the asking price! It's just nice to get some cheap to give to strangers or people you don't know well if you are in fact giving them out.

Maybe we need permission to make CD-R promo CDs for MBD with maybe 5 or 6 songs or something (I think there were about that many at one time on MP3.com). Confused

Crying Crying Crying

I just found out that S&S is discontiuing this title. That is why it is not on the web site anymore. If you are interested in picking it up, the item number is 241275. I don't know how long they will be available though.

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
06-23-2004 15:35 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
Ben Ben is a male
Dignified Lazar

Registration Date: 06-15-2004

I am one of those DA fans that lost touch for about 10years. Bought everything thru Alarma Cronicles - then never saw them again in the christian bookstores. I ran into another DA fan a few years ago and learned that DA was producing albums and had a web site. I now own everything that DA, the Lost Dogs, and the Choir have ever done. I am beginning to put together my 77's collection.

I have found out that promoting is very hard. The ticket sales for the 7th are going slow. (Thank you ProdigalDog for trying to help). But it's worth the financials loss just to introduce these guys to my friend and church members, and to give the other diehard fans like myself an opportunity to see a live performance.

I am part of a three generation DA fan family. My parents will be at the Concert on the 7th (they are in thier 70's - and introduced me to DA back in the late 70's. I am bringing six of my seven my kids (one will be at camp), at least two are big fans. the younger ones love imaginarium and of course Bad indigestion. Several of my brothers are also fans and will be at the concert with several of thier kids.

Thanks to all you fans from the MD/DC/VA area who are coming to Derwood. I want the guys to really feel loved and appreciated.

P.S. - I like the idea of joining together to promote.

DA ROCKS!!!!!!!

Ben
07-01-2004 11:56 Ben is offline Send an Email to Ben Search for Posts by Ben Add Ben to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Ben- Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

HOW COOL IS THAT!

I think most DA fans lost track of them somewhere.
I did from Outdoor Elvis (basically - I do recall the Good Rev as well...) to Songs of the Heart
I love the fact that your parents introduced you!
- be sure to let em swap howdies with Terry.....

I have sort of like two sets of Children- my older boys (in their 30s ) are respectfully reminicent-one is a True Dogs fan still..and my 17 year old daughter is well on board - having gone to a BBQ last year...

You enjoy!! - and as always
WE WANT A FULL REPORT!

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
07-01-2004 12:04 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Mad

Crying Crying Crying

I just found out that S&S is discontiuing this title. That is why it is not on the web site anymore. If you are interested in picking it up, the item number is 241275. I don't know how long they will be available though.

I sent Sound N Spirit's Customer Service and email specifically asking about MBD and this item number and those BOZOS sent me back a form email telling me how I could become a member. I would like to get ahold of them and tell them where they could stick their stupid form email! Mad

There, I feel a little better now! Smile )

Got a few miles left ...

07-02-2004 18:03 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Noooooooooooooooooooooo... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Mad

Crying Crying Crying

I sent Sound N Spirit's Customer Service and email specifically asking about MBD and this item number and those BOZOS sent me back a form email telling me how I could become a member. I would like to get ahold of them and tell them where they could stick their stupid form email! Mad

There, I feel a little better now! Smile )

You're flirtin with the devil! Leave him alone, this instant!!!!!!!!!!!!!Evil

Tongue

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
07-02-2004 21:41 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » In response to Jevon and the "Real Label" question...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH