Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » radio radio....the Lost Dogs need your help.... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page radio radio....the Lost Dogs need your help....
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 06-28-2002

radio radio....the Lost Dogs need your help.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hey everybody...

lo-fidelity and the Lost Dogs will soon be taking a crack at radio with Mutt... details will soon follow as to what the single will be and all that, but for now as we are assembling a list of stations that will be serviced, it would be great to get some input on the stations in your areas of the country. But we are looking for specific kinds of stations. Typically they fall in a format called Adult Album Alternative or AAA and the kind of music they play is pretty much anything you would find advertised and written about in magazines like No Depression, Paste, and Harp. This isn't about metal, hard rock, oldies, or classic rock stuff.

Now if you live in an area where there is a station like this, something with some freedom in it's programming, and would like to help out, this is what I need emailed to me at jeffrey@lo-fidelity.com :

Name of the station:
Place on the dial:
Station mailing address:
Studio request phone number:
Web Address:

In terms of Christian stations.....if you live in an area where there is a station that currently plays the Lost Dogs, or that has played the Lost Dogs in recent years and that currently has a format that is at least open to playing a wider variety of music other than teen pop or adult ccm, please email me the station info in the same format as above.

In the end, not all suggestions will get used, but each station suggestion submitted will be looked into. and the submission is appreciated.

Thank you for all of your emails and ideas and support.

All my best,

jeffrey k.
support independent music
www.lo-fidelity.com

06-08-2004 21:17 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I always wondered how the Dogs would go over on A Prairie Home Companion.

06-08-2004 21:58 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

RE: radio radio....the Lost Dogs need your help.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k.

Name of the station:
Place on the dial:
Station mailing address:
Studio request phone number:
Web Address:

In terms of Christian stations.....

Don't know why, but I never felt pursuing this radio station would be a good investment of time, but it just might be. They are NPR affiliated and have both folk and bluegrass programs in addition to more alternative sounding things, so I think they would be open to the Dogs. They have recently gone through some type of reorganization related to them being located on the campus of a community college and the board wanting them to be more independent and less of a time management burden to the college, but I think most of the dust has settled now.

WNCW
88.7 - Spindale, NC is where I get it from, but they also have:
100.7 - Charlotte, NC/SC, a very large city
97.3 - Greenville, SC, a sizeable city but not as big as Charlotte
92.9 - Boone, NC another small-to-moderate-size mountain college town

P.O. Box 804
Spindale, NC 28160

Phone
Business: 828-287-8000
Studio: 828-287-8080

Request a Song
request@wncw.org

http://www.wncw.org/

From their FAQ list (entire list has other suggestions related to getting on their play list, too).
http://www.wncw.org/fyi/news.cfm#FAQs
Q: How do I get my recording played on WNCW?
A: You're welcome to send us a CD of your music. Please send TWO compact discs (no cassettes or tapes, please) to: WNCW Programming Department, 286 ICC Loop Road, Spindale, NC, 28160. Be sure to include a "one-sheet" with brief bio info and contact information. Due to the high volume of discs we receive weekly, we can't promise that your submission will receive airplay, but our Programming Department reviews all CDs submitted.

Here is their top 100 CDs for 2003. I think the Dogs would fit in just fine.
The Top 100 CDs of 2003
1. ACOUSTIC SYNDICATE - Terra Firma
2. GILLIAN WELCH - Soul Journey
3. JAYHAWKS - Rainy Day Music
4. LUCINDA WILLIAMS - World Without Tears
5. EMMYLOU HARRIS - Stumble Into Grace
6. BEN HARPER - Diamonds On The Inside
7. DEL McCOURY BAND - It’s Just The Night
8. SAM BUSH & DAVID GRISMAN - Hold On, We’re Strummin’
9. RODNEY CROWELL - Fate’s Right Hand
10. TIM O’BRIEN - Traveler
11. BE GOOD TANYAS - Chinatown
12. JACK JOHNSON - On & On
13. JIM LAUDERDALE & DONNA THE BUFFALO - Wait Til Spring
14. BELA FLECK & THE FLECKTONES - Ten From Little Worlds
15. LYLE LOVETT - My Baby Don’t Tolerate
16. ROSEANNE CASH - Rules Of Travel
17. WIDESPREAD PANIC - Ball
18. SCRUGGS/SKAGGS/WATSON - 3 Pickers
19. JOHN HIATT - Beneath This Gruff Exterior
20. RY COODER & MANUEL GALBAN - Mambo Sinuendo
21. ROBERT EARL KEEN - Farm Fresh Onions
22. CHIEFTAINS - Further Down The Plank Road
23. CRACKER & LEFTOVER SALMON - O Cracker Where Art Thou?
24. ZIGGY MARLEY - Dragonfly
25. ANI DIFRANCO - Evolve
26. ALLMAN BROTHERS - Hittin’ The Note
27. GALACTIC - Ruckus
28. JUNE CARTER CASH - Wildwood Flower
29. VAN MORRISON - What’s Wrong With This Picture?
30. STEVE EARLE - Just An American Boy
31. AL GREEN - I Can’t Stop
32. DAR WILLIAMS - Beauty Of The Rain
33. WARREN ZEVON - The Wind
34. NATALIE MERCHANT - House Carpenter’s Daughter
35. PATTY GRIFFIN - A Kiss In Time
36. JOAN BAEZ - Dark Chords On A Big Guitar
37. DRIVE BY TRUCKERS - Decoration Day
38. JOE JACKSON - Volume 4
39. LITTLE FEAT - Kickin It At The Barn
40. STEELY DAN - Everything Must Go
41. RICKY SKAGGS - Live At The Charleston Music Hall
42. RICKIE LEE JONES - Evening Of My Best Day
43. DEREK TRUCKS BAND - Soul Serenade
44. ROBERT RANDOLPH & THE FAMILY BAND - Unclassified
45. NEIL YOUNG - Greendale
46. BRUCE COCKBURN - You’ve Never Seen Everything
47. DARRELL SCOTT - Theatre Of The Unheard
48. RICHARD THOMPSON - The Old Kit Bag
49. TAJ MAHAL & HULA BLUES - Hannepepe Dream
50. JOE STRUMMER & THE MESCALEROS - Streetcore
51. BLUE HIGHWAY - Wondrous Love
52. SHELBY LYNNE - Identity Crisis
53. MICHAEL RENO HARRELL - Closer Home
54. BURNING SPEAR - Freeman
55. CAITLIN CARY - I’m Staying Out
56. KELLER WILLIAMS - Home
57. SCOTT MILLER & THE COMMONWEALTH - Upside Downside
58. MALCOLM HOLCOMBE - Another Wisdom
59. MICHAEL FRANTI & SPEARHEAD - Everyone Deserves Music
60. KATHLEEN EDWARDS - Failer
61. YONDER MOUNTAIN STRING BAND - Old Hand
62. EDIE BRICKELL - Volcano
63. DAVID CHILDERS & THE MODERN DON JUANS - Room 23
64. EASTMOUNTAINSOUTH - Eastmountainsouth
65. KELLIN WATSON - Paper Bird
66. ROBINELLA & THE CC STRING BAND - Robinella & The CC String Band
67. MOE - Wormwood
68. CHIS SMITHER - Train Home
69. PETER MALLICK GROUP w/ NORAH JONES - New York City
70. VARIOUS - Just Because I’m A Woman: Songs Of Dolly Parton
71. DAMIEN RICE - 0
72. PATTY LARKIN - Red = Luck
73. TOWNES VAN ZANDT - In The Beginning
74. JOHN LEE HOOKER - Face To Face
75. WILLIE NELSON - Crazy: The Demo Sessions
76. STRING CHEESE INCIDENT - Untying The Knot
77. SONNY LANDRETH - The Road We’re On
78. ROBERT CRAY - Time Will Tell
79. IGUANAS - Plastic Silver Nine Volt Heart
80. SONS OF RALPH - Mountain
81. MAVERICKS - The Mavericks
82. BOTTLE ROCKETS - Blue Sky
83. RUFUS WAINWRIGHT - Want One
84. DAVID GRISMAN - Life Of Sorrow
85. JAY FARRAR - Terroir Blues
86. DELBERT McCLINTON - Live
87. TONY FURTADO - Live Gypsy
88. NORTH MISSISSIPPI ALLSTARS - Polaris
89. FLAMING LIPS - Fight Songs
90. JOSS STONE - The Soul Sessions
91. DERAILERS - Genuine
92. ERIN McKEOWN - Grand
93. SNAKE OIL MEDICINE SHOW - The Love Album
94. KATE CAMPBELL - Monuments
95. AVETT BROTHERS - A Carolina Jubilee
96. BUDDY GUY - Blues Singer
97. STEVE WINWOOD - About Time
98. JOAN ARMATRADING - Lovers Speak
99. GARAGE A TROIS - Emphasizer
100. MARCIA BALL - So Many Rivers

=============

Sadly, typical Christian stations around here for the most part and would probably not be that interested in general, although they may have some 1/2 to 1 hour program sometime that would do it that I don't know about because I mostly quit listening to CCM radio stations. Mad Crying
DAmb Christians (of which I include myself, too)! Red Face

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
06-09-2004 08:09 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Not Christian stations, but quite y'all-ternative.... (I sent you an e-mail too....)

Name of the station: WFUV
Place on the dial: 90.7
Station mailing address: WFUV, Fordham University, Bronx, NY 10458
Studio request phone number: 718 817-4550 (not sure if this is studio)
Web Address: wfuv.org

Name of the station: WNTI
Place on the dial: 91.9
Station mailing address: 400 Jefferson Street · Hackettstown, New Jersey 07840
Studio request phone number: 908-852-4545
Web Address: wnti.org

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
06-09-2004 08:49 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

www.kbhr933.com

That is our local station and they are open to lots of Lost Dog style stuff. They play a lot of local artists too. Send them something PLEASE Pleased

06-09-2004 11:47 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-236.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: Silicon Valley: prime real estate for a terrorist dirty bomb hit

Radio, Radio? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I thought you meant this Radio, Radio-

See if you can name these guys-

--Peter Jackson quoting J. R. R. Tolkien
06-10-2004 02:11 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

Thread Starter Thread Started by jeffrey k.
RE: Radio, Radio? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by ™
I thought you meant this Radio, Radio-

well I did...sort of...

quote:
See if you can name these guys-

from left to right...elvis costello, tom petty, keef, homer, mick jagger, lenny kravitz, and brian setzer. yeah? yeah...

later,

jeffrey k.

06-10-2004 02:47 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Frown Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"And the radio is in the hands of such a lot of fools trying to anesthetize the way that you feel...."

06-10-2004 07:51 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

i thought it was about these guys-
we're all radioheads in a way eh?

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
06-10-2004 07:52 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Kcrw Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey Jeffrey,

KCRW is LA's only source for consistent new and eclectic music. NPR station but the focus is on the artsy fartsies that live and walk among us.

There is only one show on the station that everybody knows and listens to: Morning Becomes Eclectic with your host Nic Harcourt. Listen online if you want to get the vibe, but it's just as the name suggests; eclectic. This guy is considered LA's version of CMJ. But, with his popularity comes a wall of deflection. It may be tough to get through to him. You may want to drop my info on him as a door opener (email me if you want the scoop). mbe@kcrw.com

Also, there's another small show on the station that is almost a guaranteed play. It's called Dragnet - A musical line-up of criminally overlooked tunes, hidden gems, guilty pleasures and standout selections. The host Eric J. Lawrence owes me a favor. He's ejl@kcrw.com

Also, I think the promotions person there is Cathy Timkin. I don't know her email, but it may be worth a call to get in touch with her.

Check it out and let me know how it goes.

KCRW.com

kcrw
1900 Pico Blvd.
Santa Monica, Ca. 90405

Main Office: 310-450-5183
Membership: 310-450-3855
Fax: 310-450-7172

General Email: mail@kcrw.org

August 2005
06-10-2004 08:47 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Homer
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 03-02-2003

RE: Radio, Radio? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ™

[quote]See if you can name these guys-

from left to right...elvis costello, tom petty, keef, homer, mick jagger, lenny kravitz, and brian setzer. yeah? yeah...

later,

jeffrey k.

no, I'm pretty sure it's seltzer Red Face
06-10-2004 08:50 Homer is offline Send an Email to Homer Search for Posts by Homer Add Homer to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, I'm pretty sure I need some after listening to him, anyway... Red Face

06-10-2004 08:51 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
www.kbhr933.com

That is our local station and they are open to lots of Lost Dog style stuff. They play a lot of local artists too. Send them something PLEASE Pleased

Hey everybody, I just realized dorf just basically said their local open station plays doggy style artistically! Tongue

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
06-10-2004 10:51 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

WTF? Shocked

(for those of you who do not visit the Dump... WTF = what the faith)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Eleanor: 06-10-2004 10:58.

06-10-2004 10:58 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

Thread Starter Thread Started by jeffrey k.

quote:
Originally posted by Homer

jeffrey k.

06-10-2004 12:19 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
www.kbhr933.com

Hey everybody, I just realized dorf just basically said their local open station plays doggy style artistically! Tongue

My kind of station Pleased Hey Jeffery!!! When you send them a copy let me know so I can request it 1000,000 times a day until they actually play it Tongue

06-10-2004 12:20 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Homer

jeffrey k.

I think Homer was refering to this episode...

Snatched from one of the thousands of Simpsons websites on the net.

November 10, 2002
#DABF22 - "How I Spent My Strummer Vacation"
This episode is definitely back to that season 13 humor that kept me watching. Things begin with Homer unable to get drunk at Moe’s, because everyone borrowed his money (Marge needed diapers, Lisa needed money for the school fair, Bart needed money so “they” wouldn’t break his legs). He then tries to find other ways to get wasted, including licking frogs, a habit he learned in “Missionary: Impossible”. Homer returns to Moe’s, where Lenny and Carl had talked him into giving Homer a free beer. After one sip, he is out, and they refuse to let him drive home, so they put him in a cab.

This cab is a part of the new Springfield TV series “Taxicab Conversations”. The next day the Simpsons watch the show, and see Homer complaining about his family. Eventually, they come to agree with what he says, and decide to send him to Rock n’ Roll camp. Homer goes to the camp, and meets several rock stars. As usual, the camp is populated by Springfield’s residents. Homer learns how to strut, how to dress, how to ‘accentuate the genitalia’, or crotch stuffing as Lenny Kravitz puts it, and how to dive into a limo.

When camp is over, Homer doesn’t want to leave, and the rock stars feel sympathy for him, and agree to let him on stage at their farewell concert. Homer gets excited, thinking he is actually a part of the band. When he arrives at the concert, he discovers he is an honorary roadie, and his only job is to tap the microphones. This upsets him, and not wanting to disappoint his 40 fans whom he invited, he picks up a guitar and starts to sing. The band attacks him with their giant, flame-spewing devil head, but in the end agree to let him be the ‘guitar hero’ for the next concert. Homer politely declines, saying he’d rather spend the time with his family.

This episode had me laughing from the intro, when the shark bit off Homer’s legs. I almost died when they woke up in the cabin, and Homer’s bunkmates discover that he’s been up all night. “(rapidly) Yea I’ve been up all night and I took some pills I found on the floor and now I’m afraid if I stop talking I’ll die”. At camp, Homer corrects Brian Setzer’s name.
Homer: Excuse me, Mr. Seltzer?
Setzer: Actually it’s Setzer.
Homer: No, I’m pretty sure it’s Seltzer.
06-10-2004 13:59 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Funny Episode too.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
06-10-2004 16:09 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » radio radio....the Lost Dogs need your help....

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH